Game-Labs Forum

@Chug seems like you just started a paradox of the ganker. Who's the ganker? Gankers gets ganked by the gankers? Ganker becomes the victim? From my perspective, attacking traders is not ganking. Traders are not meant for fighting, they 99% of the time run. Nonetheless, smaller trade ships (all) got armed with guns. Bigger (LGV+Indiaman) always had guns. Some players used LGVs for hunting (before addition of refit), I've seen also Indiamen killing surprises or other hunters, either with full boarding setup or by skill in combat. As long as fight is like 1v1, trader is not "ganked" in most cases. 

About missions, I've killed players in past that "jumped" my mission, but it happened so rarely that I cannot recall it well. As long as I have a chance to defend myself, it's not a gank or 100% guaranted kill just like someone claims in this topic or forums. If I would get jumped in a mission by 4-6 players, that would be a gank.

Gank is basically having a superior advantage in BR and/or numbers. I am also not limiting my POV to myself, I am trying to fix the safe zones pointing out their failures. Rookies and newbies are most often killed in safe zones that are supposed to protect them. I point flaws of the system, that would never give me actually advantage by doing so. Ganking is not my desired playstyle. I look forward for challenging fights and solo/small fleet hunting. If I ever get attacked in a trader, I don't really consider that a gank at all.

You take a player who crawled his way up to a frigate who gets sunk a couple times outside his capital.  He comes back on as asks what he could have done and is told "nothing".  The timers mean that nobody is going to get there in time to help him and there are not enough players around to gank the gankers after he dies and if they are, they might not want to spend 40 minutes waiting for the battle to end, the half hour to pin the gankers and a hour plus to sink him.  Just suck it up and plan your fun time around groups that mostly don't exist.  Player is gone, he will never develop into a good player, RvR'er, crafter and hunter.  He will look at the invested time he lost, the comments of "Get Gud Noob" in global and log off.  

We will probably not see him ever again.

I have seen it over and over and if anything, people are reaching this point before they get a frigate these days.

This game is not bringing in new players.  A tutorial is not going to fix that.  Just get them to the frustration point sooner.  Experienced players who don't treat the game like a job are already gone.  This game is rudderless as it sails towards some mythical "PvP neverneverland".

The problem is population.  This past year has made the problem worse and worse.  Only now, there is nothing to merge.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

The problem is population.  This past year has made the problem worse and worse.  Only now, there is nothing to merge.

There is still PvE Server to merge :ph34r:

Edited by Banished Privateer

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

There is still PvE Server to merge :ph34r:

...and if you know anything about the players on that server, you won't merge them, you will just lose them.

7 hours ago, Fargo said:

How is mission jumping fair.

Please read it again. There is a "IF i get wrecked..after i jumped"

7 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

you get suddenly attacked by 6 players and your fleet is spread out to cover bigger area

Well sry man but thats not mechanics fault then. You wanna enlarge your chance of finding proper prey by spreading out? too much obviously. Just stick in three minutes range. And thx for the TL;DR. o/

6 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

Please read it again. There is a "IF i get wrecked..after i jumped"

Well sry man but thats not mechanics fault then. You wanna enlarge your chance of finding proper prey by spreading out? too much obviously. Just stick in three minutes range. And thx for the TL;DR. o/

Yea, just like it's our own fault that sailing in one blop we can't find a PvP for 2-3h :) Somewhat you didn't comment on Signaling idea, that's a fix for the game mechanics that you claim work well.

Playground bully dishes it out , all too happy about it, broadcasts it out to all in global and nation chat

School kids get tired of losing their dinner money and start to get organized

Group of school kids wait for bully to turn up , then batter him

Bully goes crying to headmaster

people seem to want fair even fights when it suits them but are all to happy to smash that solo trader doing a little pve run to gather materials for a new boat. When his friends who were waiting for those materials hear what happened , they have every right to want to address the issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Somewhat you didn't comment on Signaling idea, that's a fix for the game mechanics that you claim work well.

I did. imo it shouldn't be reintroduced. It should if there was much more players or most of the ow pvp was between skilled players. It's not the case so I'm against it.

Edit: depends on the blob size methinks.

Edited by Palatinose

10 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

I did. imo it shouldn't be reintroduced. It should if there was much more players or most of the ow pvp was between skilled players. It's not the case so I'm against it.

Edit: depends on the blob size methinks.

So you support and promote fights where one side is supposed to run entire time without chance to win? 1:2 BR odds are fine, even if it's pros vs noobs.

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

So you support and promote fights where one side is supposed to run entire time without chance to win? 1:2 BR odds are fine, even if it's pros vs noobs.

Read my first post. I'm off here. No offense.

You see it outside kpr regular...

Player gets ganked after he tagged ai by 4 (insert any nation here)

Revenge fleet comes out, mostly newer players, they get a tag on the 4, the 4 run, after 20 mins the revenge fleet newbs start to peel off and leave battle, 30 mins in the 4 now have the advantage and kill whatever is left of the new players that were left to rot by their newb mates...

I imagine this happens more often than the persistent revenge gank that eventually sinks the targets.

I have been in countless revenge gank fleets. A half dozen players (or half the active players in a nation many nights) sitting around for an hour for a fight that never happens.  Maybe you get a chase, but you catch them 1 out of 3 times... maybe.

When you have a good defense fleet, the attackers log off out to sea and play alts.  A hour or two later the fleet gets bored and logs or go off to do something else.  One of the attackers logs into an alt in that nation, sees that the coast is clear, off the alt, back into the ganker and continues the hunt.

Yea, that is how I want to spend my limited gaming hours.

Do dedicated gankers feel the reverse?  Nope.  They don't give two craps what happens to the newbs in their nation.

There's nothing else to do but roam around hoping to gank or to not get ganked, in a generic scenario. The entire purpose is to get a fight, not to fight for a purpose.

Of course it gets rampant. Little else to do really.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

There's nothing else to do but roam around hoping to gank or to not get ganked, in a generic scenario. The entire purpose is to get a fight, not to fight for a purpose.

Of course it gets rampant. Little else to do really.

Fighting for the purpose is important, thus resources, wars RvR, PBs, screening and hopefully awaited mercenary services supported by Devs and game mechanics...

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 1