Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
H2O

New hardcore nation - Barbary Pirates

Recommended Posts

I was thinking why not have Barbary Pirates as another hardcore Force that can establish it's presence in the Caribbean. Not only that it would nicely target Middle eastern gamer population and bring numbers and income to NA. I know for example Turkey is a big gaming place. We have some ships already developed for that nation alone -xebec. They will have no ports, but can create a nation of Thieves if organized and compete with Brethren. 

I would not mind Hanging Muslim flag and invading US ports.:D That would surely cause some fights for ports. After all we already have mother russia ruling Caribbean and US is bent over.  

Yea or nay? vote. 

Edited by H2O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not turn ALL nations into hardcore nations ?

Then Pirates can be whatever pirates they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Why not turn ALL nations into hardcore nations ?

Then Pirates can be whatever pirates they want.

Tell devs to start all nations with 0 ports and different locations after each map win and see what happens. ;) I never liked preset Nation locations. 

Edited by H2O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Why not introduce outlaw pirates? 

What is outlaw? how would they be different ? is russia considered outlaw?

Edited by H2O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, H2O said:

What is outlaw? how would they be different ?

I can attack whoever I want. I can sail under the flag whichever I want. I can do what I want. Being an outlaw, a rebel would mean total freedom. No limits. No safe zones, no capitals, no bs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I can attack whoever I want. I can sail under the flag whichever I want. I can do what I want. Being an outlaw, a rebel would mean total freedom. No limits. No safe zones, no capitals, no bs.

How would you get ships without Econ and Capital infrastructure? I can only see it as - available for hire. Whoever pays you supplies ships. 

Edited by H2O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we really need another nation?!  NO.  We should have clan-based or war company-based play. Nations should be nothing more than an ornament we hang on our clans and provide a tapestry to the game world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, H2O said:

How would you get ships without Econ and Capital infrastructure?

How did pirates get ships ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

How did pirates get ships ?

How did pirates get 1st rates is a better question?

Edited by H2O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, H2O said:

How would you get ships without Econ and Capital infrastructure?

1. Capture

2. Buy from free towns or shipbuilders

Exactly what I do now as Prussian. To be honest I even have a shipyard now in a free town and I use open ports to get my resources. How do you think Prussian economy looks like with 6 ports around the map?

Edited by Banished Privateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

1. Capture

2. Buy from free towns or shipbuilders

Exactly what I do now as Prussian. To be honest I even have a shipyard now in a free town and I use open ports to get my resources. 

What is there is no supply? Capture yes, but what if you suffer a defeat and loose some. Sounds like there is a dead end. 

Edited by H2O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, H2O said:

How did pirates get 1st rates?

I mean pirate as in credible realistic hardcore pyrate.

They were hardcore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, H2O said:

What is there is no supply? Capture yes, but what if you suffer a defeat and loose some. Sounds like there is a dead end. 

There is never a dead end... I can use a basic cutter to capture the 6th rate and continue my hunt. Even if there would be a dead end... is it not what a hardcore nation is supposed to be? Please change your topic title to "New Carebear Nation".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

There is never a dead end... I can use a basic cutter to capture the 6th rate and continue my hunt. Even if there would be a dead end... is it not what a hardcore nation is supposed to be? Please change your topic title to "New Carebear Nation".

Makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what you miss is the excitement to be a small Nation, searching for places to establish new ports under new flag, am I right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blubasso said:

So what you miss is the excitement to be a small Nation, searching for places to establish new ports under new flag, am I right?

Exactly, we could have more National flags that can become nations when people organize under that color. It will expand variety, bring players. They will play for their loved nation. It could work. 

For example Barbary Pirates can only have 10 people active under that flag or could become 100 or more. 

Edited by H2O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Less nations.  More clan based.  Make pirates/outlaws be a reputation based system 

Custom Flags for Clans? For example instead of one Brethren, clans could have many option to roll under different historic pirate organization names and flags.  

Edited by H2O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, shouldn't be better to give the possibility to create a brand new Nation? With time, as in RL, some small ones will disappear (just like clans) and stay only those that made success.

It will just a matter of rename Clans as Nations and give the opportunity to create a flag...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Custom Flags for Clans? For example instead of one Brethren clans could have many option to roll under different historic pirate organization names and flags.  

Custom ship ensigns yes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blubasso said:

Well, shouldn't be better to give the possibility to create a brand new Nation? With time, as in RL, some small ones will disappear (just like clans) and stay only those that made success.

It will just a matter of rename Clans as Nations and give the opportunity to create a flag...

Something like that, but they can't just vanish. They can be brought back with 0 reputation and have to start over after map win. Those who survived keep accumulating rep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×