Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
H2O

New hardcore nation - Barbary Pirates

8 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Less nations.  More clan based.  Make pirates/outlaws be a reputation based system 

How do you see a reputation system work for all Nations including outlaws?

Why not [put here any idea you may have] .... and then the game will stay in alpha for other 3 years

1 hour ago, H2O said:

How do you see a reputation system work for all Nations including outlaws?

Ok just a rough draft of an idea I've had brewing ~

3 Starter / PVE Nations - GB, France, Spain.  More or less historically accurate.  EVERYONE starts out in these nations until the tutorial or a certain rank is hit.  Players can grind, craft capital area ships (more on this in a sec), econ and farm to their hearts delight within the safe zone.  Once you hit the certain rank you stay a loyal subject or branch out into a clan (company) and start the RVR aspect of the game.  War companies get a letter of marque to kill the king's enemies, blah blah go out and do stuff.  You can hunt your own faction, which is where the outlaw reputation thing comes in.  Kill enough players of your faction and you're deemed an outlaw and you can no longer enter that nation's ports.  Now you're a pirate.  

Capital area ships vs non-capital ships - capital ships have base stats and are something basic like oak.  non-capital ships get regional traits and whatever wood type.  Incentive to craft outside the safe zones.  Ships also can't be towed into capitals, only sailed there.  Creating a market and traffic.

RVR basically works the same as it does now, but you have to be in a clan/company to do it and purchase that letter of marque thing (basically a license).  

National Events like the Trafalgar battle will randomly trigger to generate content for the 3 nations and their folks to participate in.  Random port battles and stuff like that.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, H2O said:

I was thinking why not have Barbary Pirates as another hardcore Force that can establish it's presence in the Caribbean. Not only that it would nicely target Middle eastern gamer population and bring numbers and income to NA. I know for example Turkey is a big gaming place. We have some ships already developed for that nation alone -xebec. They will have no ports, but can create a nation of Thieves if organized and compete with Brethren. 

I would not mind Hanging Muslim flag and invading US ports.:D That would surely cause some fights for ports. After all we already have mother russia ruling Caribbean and US is bent over.  

Yea or nay? vote. 

Why not have the chinese, the japanese or the zulus?

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

Do we really need another nation?!  NO.  We should have clan-based or war company-based play. Nations should be nothing more than an ornament we hang on our clans and provide a tapestry to the game world.

Why not remove them entirely? - redo the map, 33% (half the atlantic and all the pacific) of the map is unused. Remove it, redo it and get rid of the historical pretext..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

VerdadeiraBandeira_DJo%25C3%25A3oV.png

According to Heraldry, and if I remember well, This is a Kingdom (the crown over the big shield, or "arm"), this Kingdom is Christian (the cross over the crown but I dunno if it's Catholic or Protestant), the shield has 7 castles (or maybe cities) in protection of the white core with five little blue shields. It could means that there's five rulers, maybe...  a Council. But it's very long time I am not anymore interested in those stuffs...

Ok, I give up! Whose belong this arms?

Edited by blubasso

10 minutes ago, blubasso said:

According to Heraldry, and if I remember well, This is a Kingdom (the crown over the big shield, or "arm"), this Kingdom is Christian (the cross over the crown but I dunno if it's Catholic or Protestant), the shield has 7 castles (or maybe cities) in protection of the white core with five little blue shields. It could means that there's five rulers, maybe...  a Council. But it's very long time I am not anymore interested in those stuffs...

Ok, I give up! Whose belong this arms?

Portugal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Portugal.

I made a little research on the Net. It's definitely Portugal. Did I right guess over the 7 cities in protection of something?

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Pre-1833 full white. Post civil war the blue field was added.

I was completely wrong: the Castles are the Castillian origin of the King and the blue shields represent the five Moresque kings defeated in battle by the Portugal King. 

Very interesting... :)

Edited by blubasso

11 hours ago, Cabral said:

It's a pity it wasn't one of the 3 choices for the new nations.

There are more Polish/Russian/German players in NA than Portugese :lol: Also you're not allowed in our waters by Treaty of Tordesillas :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainSparckles said:

What about this idea ? Let's remove all pirates of the map !

Not a very god idea: pirates will be IMO one of the reasons new ppl will join us...