Game-Labs Forum

Pirate nation fix / being nationless

I have an idea how to change the Pirate nation into something more similar to real pirates. As many of us here are aware, the Pirate nation right now works like every other nation in the game and we basically have nothing that would allow people who want to be free and PvP whoever they want – do this freely. But since you already changed the game from nation-oriented to guild-oriented, we could actually have a nice mechanic, which would allow people like me to be nationless and also be able to sail, earn cash and be happy.

My idea is quite simple. Change the Pirate nation into whatever nation you want – even Italian. And then allow players to be nationless. At the beginning players without a nation will be able to enter any port in the game, in whatever ship they want. But later everything will depend on guilds that hold a specific port. Some can ban some players because of whatever (they don’t like some guys etc). After some time, this would lead to creating small groups of buccaneers/pirates who are allied with some guilds, which should be similar to the real word.

A nationless player would be able to have bases and build buildings only in free ports (like La Tortue) – these would be the center of their activity (they are centers even now, tbh). This idea/mechanic would allow players like me, who don’t want to be attached, cooperate with some friends who are spread over all nations. At the same time, we will be able to earn cash and prosper.

Maybe I’m wrong (you will tell me ), but IMHO right now people who want to be like Pirates and roam freely are mostly in Prussia. And to earn cash, they have to use many alts accounts.😊

Devs want new players to be able to "play a nasty pyrate, arrr" - give them safe zones etc so they dont refund within 2 hours

3 minutes ago, BloodyRaven said:

people who want to be like Pirates and roam freely are mostly in Prussia. And to earn cash, they have to use many alts accounts.😊

nah pvp pays well enough, too many people too lazy to go out for fights and prefer pveeing / trading and buying pvp marks off others - can sell them at 300-350k each; alts are not needed to get gold now

Honestly I think we need an outlaw nation. The idea is simple:

• Hardcore Nation. 
    • No safe zone
    • No capital
    • Can only live out of free ports or captured ports.
  • New players cannot join Outlaws. It doesn't matter how many warnings they are given, players will select a nation if the name is cool. 
    • Should have a rank requirement in my opinion, so some brand new player doesn't get in without realizing what they are doing.
      • Can be achieved through forged paper DLC, or possibly in-game mechanic.
      • Should NOT be like the old method for turning pirate (attacking friendly), happened by accident too often. 
  • Outlaw players can attack anyone, including other outlaws.
    • The problem with outlaw battles was that it was abused to kill new players, and there was no way to fix this, as new players could join Pirates. Let the new players have their "Pirate" nation, and we shouldn't have any of the old outlaw battle problems.

I don't expect this nation to be huge, but I can guarantee that over half the Prussian nation would instantly switch to Outlaws. We are close to having the game-play we want in Prussia, but it still isn't perfect.