Game-Labs Forum

Important information on redeemable clearance! Warning: Action Required.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON REDEEMABLE CLEARANCE.
Over time we accumulated a lot of redeemables on all accounts in game. They will have to be streamlined. 

The only redeemables that will remain on player accounts are:

• XP redeemables if you have not yet used them
  • Crafting XP redeemables if you have not yet used them
  • Special content (like the yacht) will remain but will be moved to a separate category (described below)

All other redeemables (ships, items, upgrades, etc) will be removed from the redeemables box in approximately 30 days. 

From March 2018, Items deliveries, gifts, testing ships will be delivered to players in the following way.

• Lost and found
    • Compensations (if you lost something within the the game) will be delivered to this chest
    • Captains will have to login and claim the compensations to receive them, within a certain time.
  • Gift Chest
    • Server wide presents, gifts, testing ships, items will be delivered through the gift box
    • Captains will have to log in and claim the to receive them, within a certain time
  • Permanent assets 
    • All permanent content (new year gifts, premium ships, permanent skins or permanent ships)

Redeemables clearance will start on 15th of march.

If you want to get ships, items, cannons, mast upgrades, XP for ship slots (merged from Global PVP) and forged papers you have to login and redeem them BEFORE 15 March 2018

XP, Crafting XP redeemables are safe. If you don't feel like playing yet they will wait for you until the release of the game, for the servers you played on. We will also keep them for some time after release. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

Hmmm ...can forged papers be redeemed but not used immediately - in other words, saved for later use?

By then forged papers will probably work as a steam dlc

You cant redeem them as items atm afaik

3 hours ago, Liq said:

By then forged papers will probably work as a steam dlc

You cant redeem them as items atm afaik

Haven't tried.  I have 4 or 5 of them in redeemables.  I forgot about the change to DLC though, so they're only useful from now til release I guess anyway.  (If they work, anyone is welcome to mine, I plan to just let them expire - or maybe they're still not tradable?).

Edited by Jean Ribault

5 hours ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

Hmmm ...can forged papers be redeemed but not used immediately - in other words, saved for later use?

NO it's use upon click only.  Remember most of this stuff they gave us to test things, if we don't need to test them any more than there is no reason for us to still have them.  So folks redeem your ships or loose them.

Are do what I plan to do, go down in blaze of glory and prob get most of my older redeem ships sunk lol

So all my redeemables from global I have to unpack or lose the lot, thats just inconvenient because I'm waiting for the game to "recover" before I commit again, last thing I want to do is have to unpack all my ships upgrade ports and warehouses in a country I may not want to stay with, and they may delete my only forged papers that i cant pull out of storage. Feels like just another punch in the face for X Global players.

55 minutes ago, Aziz said:

So all my redeemables from global I have to unpack or lose the lot, thats just inconvenient because I'm waiting for the game to "recover" before I commit again, last thing I want to do is have to unpack all my ships upgrade ports and warehouses in a country I may not want to stay with, and they may delete my only forged papers that i cant pull out of storage. Feels like just another punch in the face for X Global players.

The merge happened like 3 months ago... unpack your stuff in a free town and use your 30 days deciding on a nation. You could spend a week in each nation and pick the one you like the most (just an idea). Just be thankful admin gave us a month notice, I can only imagine the storage space being used on afk players' redeemable inventories :o

On 2/13/2018 at 12:49 PM, Capn Rocko said:

The merge happened like 3 months ago... unpack your stuff in a free town and use your 30 days deciding on a nation. You could spend a week in each nation and pick the one you like the most (just an idea). Just be thankful admin gave us a month notice, I can only imagine the storage space being used on afk players' redeemable inventories :o

Perhaps you didn't understand the game is ruined as far as I'm concerned, stupidly high ping, different time zones, mechanics that have turned the game into a grind, the last being reason alone not to want to play anymore. Perhaps I'm being optimistic that they will undo some of their changes after realizing it blows hard to leeway, until then Id rather not have to spend my time unpacking stuff for no reason. I know how databases work all these items in redeemable's can sit in another file and most likely already does and doesn't even get touched until requested so its not effecting the database that would more generally be used, asking us to clear them out just seems the lamest excuse ever to get people to commit to the game.

10 hours ago, Aziz said:

Perhaps you didn't understand the game is ruined as far as I'm concerned, stupidly high ping, different time zones, mechanics that have turned the game into a grind, the last being reason alone not to want to play anymore. Perhaps I'm being optimistic that they will undo some of their changes after realizing it blows hard to leeway, until then Id rather not have to spend my time unpacking stuff for no reason. I know how databases work all these items in redeemable's can sit in another file and most likely already does and doesn't even get touched until requested so its not effecting the database that would more generally be used, asking us to clear them out just seems the lamest excuse ever to get people to commit to the game.

The game is not ruined, its not perfect, but definitely not ruined. Our clan has players in every continent and we experience zero ping issues. Not sure how the game is a grind, I haven't done a single PvE mission or trade run in last 8-10 months... the game is what you make of it and if you decide you need to grind (and quit the game because of it), then that's not the developer's problem. 

They are not asking people to commit to the game, they are politely asking players to spend 5-10 minutes in the next month to clear out their redeemables. With the time it took you to write these forum posts, you could have unpacked your stuff. Good day sir. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 4:49 PM, Capn Rocko said:

I can only imagine the storage space being used on afk players' redeemable inventories :o

If this small amount of storage space (it's just lists) is really a "problem" then the game would have serious issues if there was ever a healthy playerbase with possessions distributed around the map using far more storage space. 

5 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

If this small amount of storage space (it's just lists) is really a "problem" then the game would have serious issues if there was ever a healthy playerbase with possessions distributed around the map using far more storage space. 

It's not about storage space, they gave out forge papers and other things (I still got all my ships from the wipe they gave me in there) that we dont' need any more for testing those things.  So it needs to be clean slated so they can test the new features coming into the game.  Like the STEAM DLC "Forge Papers" to change nation.  The new sections for redeemables in the new UI which might not match up with old redeemables paths so they need to send them to the correct place.   FOlks forget this is an ALPHA Open testing and they can wipe and change things any time they want.  

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 8:47 PM, Aziz said:

It will all be wiped eventually anyways, just grab your exp if nothing else

On 2/16/2018 at 6:27 AM, SKurj said:

It will all be wiped eventually anyways, just grab your exp if nothing else

Well guess I wont bother then

On 2/16/2018 at 12:27 AM, Capn Rocko said:

The game is not ruined, its not perfect, but definitely not ruined. Our clan has players in every continent and we experience zero ping issues. Not sure how the game is a grind, I haven't done a single PvE mission or trade run in last 8-10 months... the game is what you make of it and if you decide you need to grind (and quit the game because of it), then that's not the developer's problem. 

They are not asking people to commit to the game, they are politely asking players to spend 5-10 minutes in the next month to clear out their redeemables. With the time it took you to write these forum posts, you could have unpacked your stuff. Good day sir. 

Every continent and you've never once heard an Aussie say I'm rubber banding or I told my men to fire 5 seconds ago and they have lost half a broadside now because the enemy turned away or slipped past, or I missed that boarding action. All issues I didn't have when I was on global, game is ruined maybe not for you but for others it is and the kicks keep coming. Enjoy.

8 hours ago, Aziz said:

Every continent and you've never once heard an Aussie say I'm rubber banding or I told my men to fire 5 seconds ago and they have lost half a broadside now because the enemy turned away or slipped past, or I missed that boarding action. All issues I didn't have when I was on global, game is ruined maybe not for you but for others it is and the kicks keep coming. Enjoy.

Problems such as these can be reported here: http://forum.game-labs.net/forum/38-support/

Sh*tposting on an announcements page will not help your situation. I have (surprisingly) found the developers helpful when dealing with technical problems. 

@admin Can you put this announcement at the login screen like you did for the server merge? I have a feeling many people in game that don't frequent the forums still haven't gotten the message.

Maybe a different color than the pink too, so that people don't think it's the same message and ignore it (which may be the case already as I type this as I just realized I haven't read that pink text in a while).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Hey,

is there any chance we get 1 or 2 new outpost slots?

Capitals or shroud for the other nations should be free.  He’ll make Shroud free for all too.  Than five one free with a crafting mission that sends you to a close port from capital to set up a building.

19 minutes ago, Sir Madoc said:

If I delete my player account and make a new one will my redeemables still be there? (I want to change my player name)

No.