Game-Labs Forum
admin

Important announcement on the forthcoming plans.

I will love to know more about new ships, the promising boarding system and the return of trading missions.

Also I would love if some kind of exploration of the map (unlocking it (like the fog of war in many games)) will be taken into consideration.

Thank you for it. The idea of having the Academy prior to OW is really nice.

Any plans for Economic model ?

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Captains. 

Important information on the forthcoming plans. 

Tutorial
Tutorial will be probably finished in February.

Thanks for the feedback that you provided - it will be incorporated into the game this month. 
Captain logging into the game the first time will have to pass the tutorial and challenges. The structure of the tutorial:

• Basic knowledge that unlock the challenges
  • Challenges. Captain who finished the challenges will receive First lieutenant rank and will be able to sail a square rigger right from the start. (some ranks will be rebalanced as a result)
  • M&C Exam. Complex and hard Master and Commander if completed will grant the Captain M&C rank and will give a unique permanent redeemable ship. 

It will be skippable, but those who skip will miss out on the exam rewards. By finishing the M&C exam you will be able to sail a light frigate and be immediately useful in PVP and Conquest. 

User interface. 
We are working hard on the UI. UI will be streamlined, useful and beautiful. 
Here is a screen from the first prototype 

UI will move to a more traditional MMO windows based systems where player will be able to get access to everything he wants with one click without jumping back and forth between screens/tabs. 

ETA on the interface finalization is unknown. Localization will start after interface is deployed. 

In parallel we will finalize the Hostility mechanics, sailing model and combat model. 

very good to see the dev team is working hard and getting thinks done, Keep up the good work! 

lets hope that the new UI will bring many new and old players back so that the player run econemy gets better and the nations get filled with players.

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I will love to know more about new ships, the promising boarding system and the return of trading missions.

Also I would love if some kind of exploration of the map (unlocking it (like the fog of war in many games)) will be taken into consideration.

totally agree! an immersive and in-depth exploration system would realy finish the game nicely.

Great approach. Bring em straight into Action! Plus Alt accounts can easily avoid long and boring grind. Also, giving ships as rewards is awesome. 

Do not forget to:

-Supply All repairs as rewards for one of the tasks.

-Supply First Ship Paint.

-a Flag?

Once all tasks completed player should know how to sails, paint ship and use repairs. Also, I find it confusing to match guns. I hope you can make it easier, simply add LB size next to the number 1(42lb) 3(24lb) etc.. maybe add tutorial on how to figure out and match guns for your ship? or have buy option right on the gun slot?

Edited by H2O

For us that had already the game, will it start from the beginn for all, so we could make the tutorial, if we wish so?

Edited by blubasso

3 minutes ago, blubasso said:

For us that had already the game, will it start from the beginn for all, so we could make the tutorial, if we wish so?

yes. everyone can pass it. 

I like the style, colours and icons. Some things...

-Make the UI scalable for 4k resolutions. Now I have problems to see words in my 50" 4K TV (Samsung UHD). If possible make the windows positionable in different places over the screen.

-I would wish to have the possibility to change the order of the Outpost buttons in the list and the stuff in the clan warehouse.

Sorry if this not the place to put these suggestions but lately I have less time to see the forums.

2 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

-Make the UI scalable for 4k resolutions. Now I have problems to see words in my 50" 4K TV (Samsung UHD). If possible make the windows positionable in different places over the screen.

-I would wish to have the possibility to change the order of the Outpost buttons in the list and the stuff in the clan warehouse.

Sorry if this not the place to put these suggestions but lately I have less time to see the forums.

Definitely, something like 100% 120% 150%? resize font...etc

Edited by H2O

3 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Definitely, something like 100% 120% 150%? resize font...etc

TSQhiyU.png

something liket hat^^

12 minutes ago, admin said:

yes. everyone can pass it. 

What ship will we get? 6th rate? I want Xebec.:) 

Edited by H2O

33 minutes ago, admin said:

User interface. 
We are working hard on the UI. UI will be streamlined, useful and beautiful. 
Here is a screen from the first prototype 
2z4Cw5L.jpg

You have really talented artists. I dig the symbols at the bottom. Beautiful! The new compass looks quite good, although I bet it is not finished yet (missing wind direction and the four cardinal directions). "Enter fort" looks interesting :D

In case of Rank conflict, what can we do?

I mean: (just for the example) I am Rear Admiral and I want to do the Tutorial. Ok, fine, I will do it and I earn First Lieutenant rank. 

Well, I should prefer Rear Admiral rank... ;)

Edited by blubasso

7 minutes ago, Jœrnson said:

Seems Alts that are used to switch nations back and forth by deleting old and creating new characters will become a hard time :P

50 minutes ago, admin said:

It will be skippable, but those who skip will miss out on the exam rewards.

56 minutes ago, admin said:

Captain logging into the game the first time will have to pass the tutorial and challenges. The structure of the tutorial:

@DemsityArr one day....one day, people will read post entirely.

Edited by RKY

25 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Pandora probably.

Iirc pandora will be given to ALL early access players on or before release

Edited by Wigermo

On 2/9/2018 at 5:12 AM, Hethwill said:

Thank you for it. The idea of having the Academy prior to OW is really nice.

Any plans for Economic model ?

I am very interested in the answer to this.

It's possible that as a new player I am missing something.  But it seems to me that a fundamental weakness in the economy is that buyers and sellers do no appear to have any visibility to each other outside of a clan or being lucky enough to spot a desired contract while visiting a port.

The trader tool could do with some enhancement.

Edited by Corvus
typo