Game-Labs Forum
admin

Important announcement on the forthcoming plans.

Are you taking constructive criticism?

The Sail HP icon should be flipped left-to-right. So it matches the orientation of the ships, rather than 'sailing' in the opposite direction.

Ideally of course, it would be replaced by a square sail.

Looks good

Any word on a reputation system? Some time ago I read a dev comment regarding two seperate ranks... 

The one Zooloo proposed a long time ago I liked a lot

Looks great folks, hope it's as efficient as promised :).... Any chance of multi-monitor support, or being able to rescale/resize everything in the UI, to be able to dock windows like in eve online, or make them mod-able/configurable.

I'd also like to see the ship graphics for damage when in battle map to be vertical so the left-side hull is on the left and the right is on the right, opposed to the left on top and right on bottom. As in flip the graphic 90degrees clockwise.

but with or without all that it looks good, a great improvement and i hope it will help to attract more players for the community and the devs. 

Gav

4 minutes ago, JoeForKyo said:

Excellent, so technically after that and the Localization, you should be focusing on PvE content, right? @admin

When were we promised more PvE content?

11 minutes ago, JoeForKyo said:

Excellent, so technically after that and the Localization, you should be focusing on PvE content, right? @admin

There are no plans to work on pve, I think they mentioned it sometime in past.They focused on pvp from what I can tell. I think even raids were canceled due to some unbalanced issues. Someone correct me if I am wrong. 

Edited by H2O

4 hours ago, Corvus said:

I am very interested in the answer to this.

It's possible that as a new player I am missing something.  But it seems to me that a fundamental weakness in the economy is that buyers and sellers do no appear to have any visibility to each other outside of a clan or being lucky enough to spot a desired contract while visiting a port.  The trader tool do with some enhancement.

I am myself waiting for Econ rewamp, as I am a big crafter/trader and do not enjoy the system we have now. Trader tool should move inside the shop. 

Edited by H2O

5 hours ago, admin said:

Captains. 

Important information on the forthcoming plans. 

When we get the Change-Nation-DLC ? Some of us are waiting for weeks ...

5 hours ago, blubasso said:

What's a "Pirte Frigate"?

It appears to be a privateer, a pirate frigates, something maybe Aggy? And a Santi lol also thank you admin for the update!

Edited by Coraline Vodka

5 hours ago, admin said:

User interface. 
We are working hard on the UI. UI will be streamlined, useful, completely spell-checked, and beautiful. 

:lol:

Looks good Admin, also sensible approach to tutorial.  And hopefully some new content after the localization.

3 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

It appears to be a privateer, a pirate frigates, something maybe Aggy? And a Santi lol also thank you admin for the update!

But is the name "Pirte" right or is it just a wrong typo?

Edited by blubasso

1 minute ago, blubasso said:

But is the name "Pirte" right or just a wrong typo?

To answer that question, just ask yourself what "Avalible" means.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Jean Ribault

I see. Well, English is not my native language and I asked myself if "Pirte" was a new ship class... LOL 

The completion of the tutorial to ship award, at that point might be a good time to also present the new player with a single set of forged papers along with their ship.  Although players who set up alts may be able to continue to cycle through them, but just continually re-creating characters.  There's probably a way around that.

I have gotten used to the current UI, but this looks good. Is the compass shown in that picture how it will look? I'm being picky now, but it could use a older look imho :) 

10 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Pandora probably.

That is a gift ship for every one that played before release.

9 hours ago, Wigermo said:

Iirc pandora will be given to ALL early access players on or before release

MC level would put it a ship around Surprise level and the Pandora is more down by the Niagara/Cerberus so wonder what ship this might.

10 hours ago, blubasso said:

In case of Rank conflict, what can we do?

I mean: (just for the example) I am Rear Admiral and I want to do the Tutorial. Ok, fine, I will do it and I earn First Lieutenant rank. 

Well, I should prefer Rear Admiral rank... ;)

You will be demoted and have to level up again...just joking I assume if your higher rank you will not rank up as per no reason to. Maybe they can do it as a xp gift so that way some one higher rank but maxed out gains that level of xp on top of what they all ready have.

6 hours ago, H2O said:

I am myself waiting for Econ rewamp, as I am a big crafter/trader and do not enjoy the system we have now. Trader tool should move inside the shop. 

Econ has been worked on and pretty much is done.  Trader tool was a dev tool that they left in cause we requested it, it was never meant to be in game.  Though I do hope they keep it as it's usefull when doing trade or other things.

5 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

The completion of the tutorial to ship award, at that point might be a good time to also present the new player with a single set of forged papers along with their ship.  Although players who set up alts may be able to continue to cycle through them, but just continually re-creating characters.  There's probably a way around that.

Are maybe have new players start as Neutral and than at the end of the tutorial they can pick there nation.  If you all ready have a nation than you don't get the option as it's only for Neutral players.   I really wish they bring back the old way to go pirates and make pirates only something you can become in game by well going pirate.  It should not be a new player option.  Pirates should also be set up like Prussia, Russia and Poland are with no capital and just working out of ports.  The time for that change would be perfect upon release of game and we are all making new chars.  Thus you have the 7 core nations US, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Swedes, GB with level of difficult.  Than you have the hard core mode of Russia, Prussia and Poland to pick from.  Pirates being extreme hard core mode only an option of in game going once you have played something else.   The only way to go back to national would be through the DLC nation switch option after that.