Game-Labs Forum
TommyShelby

Updated Mast Thickness/HP Values V2

There is a typo.

Prince top mast HP 195, middle HP 195.  I think you placed the same number twice.

I luv u too <3

Based on the values i see here, i must say the following; 
HP Buff is great in general, but i have to ask myself; "Why do some ships have the same HP value for Mid/Top sections while others don't?" ( @admin if you could explain that would be awesome).

Also, another thickness nerf? Unneeded and i dare say it will only make the "Demasting" meta worse :)

Just now, Odol said:

There is a typo.

Prince top mast HP 195, middle HP 195.  I think you placed the same number twice.

No typo, see above comment :)

ships with 4 sails per mast still have 3 sections (old legacy) in the damage model
as a result if top section is destroyed they lose 1 section but they lose 2 sails at once (2 sections fall down)

to counter that we buff the top section HP to replicate the fact that you need to destroy 2 sections to take 2 sails down.

rip surprise

less thickness, less HP --> "OMG he demasted me in 4 shots, hacker, report"

3 minutes ago, Liq said:

rip surprise

less thickness, less HP --> "OMG he demasted me in 4 shots, hacker, report"

I think against even Frigates she is actually fine. Within the 5th rates she has the most Mast HP (229 in Top)

Is there a differential between main and mizzen?
Commonly the main was much more heavily built than the mizzen - mizzen being ~broadly~ similar to the maintop spar etc. Foremast intermediate but closer to the main in size.

Edited by Lieste

3 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Good lord.. Why was thickness lowered? Since patch 15 demasting has become rampant, and you thought you should LOWER thickness? @admin

Completely agree.. Every child and his mothers sneeze will topple a mast and for something to occur rarely irl it will happen (well happens) in every battle atm..

1 hour ago, SS Minnow said:

@TommyShelby  Nice!  Wonder where you found the Mast HP values? 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Naval Action\Database\DesignModel\Modules 
- Then in the Modules Folder, "XXXXX Sail" contains Mast HP Values :)

22 minutes ago, victor said:

@TommyShelby

would it be possible doing something like that also for hull HP changes?

Unfortunately not, i do not have the pre-patch values so a "comparison" sheet is not possible. However a normal sheet containing the values of Hull HP/Structure HP/Hull Thickness should be relatively easy to make. Then, when/if those values are changed, a comparison sheet can be made as well.

1 minute ago, TommyShelby said:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Naval Action\Database\DesignModel\Modules 

Unfortunately not, i do not have the pre-patch values so a "comparison" sheet is not possible. However a normal sheet containing the values of Hull HP/Structure HP/Hull Thickness should be relatively easy to make. Then, when/if those values are changed, a comparison sheet can be made as well.

thks anyway

Most ships actually did not get that many HP more at all.

We made mast way thinner at the same time.

Really good to test this when everyone is using Edinorogs.  Someone actually tested Carronade balance? :D 

Most ships got a mast nerf, only big ships got a buff.  So we went mostly from weak masts to even weaker.  None is testing carronades as we have Edinorogs.  GJ Devs.

6 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Most ships got a mast nerf, only big ships got a buff.  So we went mostly from weak masts to even weaker. 

Based on @TommyShelby spreadsheet the buff for ships masts is above 15000 hit points. Definitely not a nerf. 

Edited by jonnysweden

1 hour ago, TommyShelby said:

Thank you...I think between the API json files and these xml I won't be asking anymore questions about hidden data :)