Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 16: Control, Mast and Ship strengths rebalance.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Really? So your response is "get gud nub"?

Real mature way for a "community leader" to act

I did not write that.

You read what I wrote with your own mind instead of reading what is written.

Please try again.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rediii said:

Lack of bowchasers was a reason why noone used these ships. 

But I get your point I vote for "controlperk for everyone" aswell.

Difference is that you dont care if someone behind escapes you, you will probably be happy because you ran away anyway. 

 

Is that some sorta "run away cowardly carebear" comment? Of course if I am in a single ship and a large group is chasing me I am going to try and escape. Only a fool (or someone "YOLOing" it) would stay and fight.

My point is this: I cannot slow down ships so I can escape them and I accept that as a limitation of the ship I choose to sail. Others should accept their limitations as well.

And for the record, I see those ships, half a dozen times a day

Edited by NethrosDefectus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Control solves the uselessness of many ships in the game. Finally we can see more diversity in the OW.

   

without bow chasers, your "chase" won't be successful anyway unless you chase a slow SOL...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I "fear" a large group of players with couple of Renomees in the group keeping me "tagged" in battle without having to do anything because they have a FREE magical ability and not having the ability to counter it. This is yet another example of the game going in favour of the gank squad and screwing the solo hunter

Magic is only the ability to escape while still in gun range, and to prohibit escaping based on a meaningless gun hit. Real fights started and ended based on distance, it would be 100% reasonable to adopt this for NA. For years it was most annoying to see ships escaping right infront of you, good to finally see this improving. Hopefully they extend it to all ships and fix ships spawning ontop of each other aswell.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Why won't you make control perk default for every ship? Let's say L'Ocean has terrible turn rate, my snow could just hide 20m away from it in dead zone (not firing zone) and stay there for 2 minutes without being tagged and escape.

I'm a huge fan of this current control perk change on bow chaser-less ships. However I would also support a milder form of control on all ships that extends to 400-500 meters. Having people escape from close by is pretty dumb. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Magic is only the ability to escape while still in gun range, and to prohibit escaping based on a meaningless gun hit. Real fights started and ended based on distance, it would be 100% reasonable to adopt this for NA. For years it was most annoying to see ships escaping right infront of you, good to finally see this improving. Hopefully they extend it to all ships and fix ships spawning ontop of each other aswell.

Look, I have no problem with the control perk in general, it's perfectly fine. But you should have to sacrifice one of the other perks in exchange. Many renos I've fought in PvP use the perk anyway, so now they are getting something they previously has to give something else for and are getting it for free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

Control perk has been added to all ships with no bow gun ports (no chasers).

Why not all ship or ships that lack stern chasers too? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I did not write that.

You read what I wrote with your own mind instead of reading what is written.

Please try again.

If you can genuinely cannot see the issue with your statement, particularly that last bit then there is no point trying to convince you.

Edited by NethrosDefectus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Why not all ship or ships that lack stern chasers too? 

Then we still use the ones with chasers, making the mechanic a bit useless on the point of making a difference :)

If you have chasers, you can do it.

If you do not have chasers but have the closure rate, you can do it.

Pellew chased a ship for 11 hours, it crawled closer and closer and closer until it caught up with the target. He knew he had the rate to catch up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Look, I have no problem with the control perk in general, it's perfectly fine. But you should have to sacrifice one of the other perks in exchange. Many renos I've fought in PvP use the perk anyway, so now they are getting something they previously has to give something else for and are getting it for free

Why? Ofcourse its a buff for ships missing chasers and its ment to do this. Its just a fair and reasonable mechanic, why should something like this be a perk? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, H2O said:

Nothing new for casual players. Same number changes for next few patches at least. Boring. 

Not getting (maybe) insta-demasted is something good for casual captains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

If you can genuinely cannot see the issue with your statement, particularly that last bit then there is no point trying to convince you.

I cannot see any problem with reading what is written.

There's NO masked meanings.

I am sorry if my english was not clear, i try to improve.

End of debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fargo said:

Why? Ofcourse its a buff for ships missing chasers and its ment to do this. Its just a fair and reasonable mechanic, why should something like this be a perk? 

Ok then, I want my first rate to have a perk that lets it turn like a surprise. Because I REALLY feel it isn't fair that he can turn quicker than me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Look, I have no problem with the control perk in general, it's perfectly fine. But you should have to sacrifice one of the other perks in exchange. Many renos I've fought in PvP use the perk anyway, so now they are getting something they previously has to give something else for and are getting it for free

Because Renommee is shit and needs a buff

NFX2bMAzQAKraJWu93FHGQ.png

Look at this and tell my why anybody would use that ship?

Even with the added control perk its still worse than a ship with bow chasers because he cant actually slow down the enemy and has to be faster than him to catch him.

 

Renno and Essex are still bad even after this buff because of their shitty sailing profile/turning through the wind.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Because this is a FREE, effortless way of keeping me tagged that I have NO way of countering. How do you not get how that is an issue?

Your point is that they need this because otherwise they can't stop a ship escaping, correct? 

I have no way to stop a ship catching up with me. So by the same logic I should get something also.

Basically what this has done it give those ships "free bow chasers" and in that case I want "free stern chasers"

You can always stop a ship that chases you by killing/fighting it. But the chaser with no chaseguns is not able to force a fight. This is a game about fighting. Some ships had not the abilitty to force fights. Now they are even with every other ship. They are became a real ship choice.

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

 

A secondary way of countering it is paying attention to the horizon in the OW.

 

Very well, I shall try once.

The implication here is that I am somehow sailing around with the camera pointing straight down at the deck, relying on sheer luck to see me safely to my destination or to encounter targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

You can always stop a ship that chases you by killing/fighting it. But the chaser with no chasesguns is not able to force a fight. This is a game about fighting. Some ships had not the abilitty to force fights. Now they are even with every other ship. They are became a real ship choice.

And while I am killing/fighting it? I assume his mates are going to just hang back and watch right?

My issue that the only way I can see to counter this is to switch to the Endymion. A ship that I do NOT want to use. It's another example of the devs forcing a ship choice on us. It happened with the wasa and now it's happening with the endymion. It made no sense to sail any other 4th rate and now it makes no sense to sail anything other than an endymion if you want to sail a 5th rate

Edited by NethrosDefectus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Very well, I shall try once.

The implication here is that I am somehow sailing around with the camera pointing straight down at the deck, relying on sheer luck to see me safely to my destination or to encounter targets.

You will laugh many people watch movies while they sail ;-)

1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

And while I am killing/fighting it? I assume his mates are going to just hang back and watch right?

whats the difference between 5 endy chasing you and now 5 renos chasing you?

I see none. Game looks fine to me.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In general, about control perk, on a mid/close range, should be on all ships. No more magical vanish 100 mt out due to a brief lag spike/disconnect... far more realism if at close distance for reason you can disappear.

IMO still better for all granted as patched chaserless ships could be better taggers than chasers equipped one (a non sense)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, victor said:

Are you serious mate? I mean, really!

A ship that has no bow gun ports (and no stern ports as well) will have the perk or not?

If the answer is yes, in fact, this would mean that he can hardly escape against any other ships (control works even if you are the fleeing part and with no stern cannons, you know what it happens). So I asked if this was working as intended.

So please, just let Admin answer my question (if they want to).

You will escape if your ship is faster, you will not escape if your ship is slower I call that realistic..  Give it a try. Do you know how many times I have asked people about certain ships and they all say its a good ship, but don't use it for PVP because it has no bow guns. Fact is in real life no one had to tag anyone so why should ships built in real life suffer penalty in the game. I hope it gives us more variety in ships used in PVP.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Because Renommee is shit and needs a buff

NFX2bMAzQAKraJWu93FHGQ.png

Look at this and tell my why anybody would use that ship?

Even with the added control perk its still worse than a ship with bow chasers because he cant actually slow down the enemy and has to be faster than him to catch him.

 

Renno and Essex are still bad even after this buff because of their shitty sailing profile/turning through the wind.

Reno (now) is far cheaper, faster than Endy downwind, and turns two times faster

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Very well, I shall try once.

The implication here is that I am somehow sailing around with the camera pointing straight down at the deck, relying on sheer luck to see me safely to my destination or to encounter targets.

I think the implication is that you're intentionally being obtuse because of your outrage about control being added to ships where captains probably were running it anyway.

I don't really understand why this is such a big deal since people could always run control if they wanted to before? My only question is, why not just enable it for every ship? It's just a silly engagement difference that's going to frustrate people who are trying to learn, and realistically, why should there be a difference between ships with or without bow chasers?

A better question would be to ask why we can't reconfigure most ships to move two top deck cannons from sides to chaser configurations. Most ships had this capability and the lack of front or rear chasers is artificial and rigid whereas in real life these configurations were much more fluid. This would be an interesting crafter choice...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Reno (now) is faster than Endy downwind, and turns two times faster

Fair enough, is there any updated list with the turn rates?

But still if you want to escape from a reno you can just sail upwind and be 2 knots faster with the most used 5th rates atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Not getting (maybe) insta-demasted is something good for casual captains.

Do not try to change reality. It is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Fair enough, is there any updated list with the turn rates?

But still if you want to escape from a reno you can just sail upwind and be 2 knots faster with the most used 5th rates atm.

At least you confirm its not op^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×