Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 16: Control, Mast and Ship strengths rebalance.

52 minutes ago, Batman said:

Omg, bye Victory :( 10.2k base HP vs 12k side HP on L'Ocean

What about the side hp of the Santi?

@admin

You said you would enhance the Victory’s firepower or upwind sailing abilities.

What is your decision?

Right now it seems like that ship‘s going to get nerfed not buffed!

3 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I am pointing out the reason people sailed those ships (speed) and what they sacrificed to obtain it. The fact that the devs seem determined to keep introducing one ship that can do everything at any angle without any negative is beside the point. Like the Wasa before it, the Endymion has NO downside to sailing it. I have always been an advocate to change this. But that is a separate discussion. My point is that these ships were fast but had a disadvantage (chasers) and EVERY ship should have a negative point (Trinc/P.Frig has no stern chasers for example. Should they have a magic ability built in?) The Endymion was insanely fast but only at a VERY narrow window, the devs changed that and no it is insanely fast as ALL angles.

Can you name me bowchaserless OP ship now?

Just now, NethrosDefectus said:

What are you talking about?

You are against eh controlperk for ships wifhout bowchasers. I would like to know what ship without cannons is OP now after that change.

For example Renomee has no bowchasers and its fast, is it OP to use now with controlperk or does it become a option to use?

Same with essex and belle poule. They are not fast but were useless because you also could just sail a trinc or p frig.

@admin Why does the normal frigate have such a bad sailingprofile? Maybe you can review it too.

9 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I am pointing out the reason people sailed those ships (speed) and what they sacrificed to obtain it. The fact that the devs seem determined to keep introducing one ship that can do everything at any angle without any negative is beside the point. Like the Wasa before it, the Endymion has NO downside to sailing it. I have always been an advocate to change this. But that is a separate discussion. My point is that these ships were fast but had a disadvantage (chasers) and EVERY ship should have a negative point (Trinc/P.Frig has no stern chasers for example. Should they have a magic ability built in?)

Again you consider cerb, essex, merc and brig as fast? And isnt it "more magic" to just leave battle while beeing 10m in front? Have you ever tried out the control perk? Have you ever really sailed a ship without bow chasers. Ofc now you cant just say "hello kitty" to such a ship and sail staright away while they have to turn to tag you. I feel your pain.

Edited by z4ys

4 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

What about the side hp of the Santi?

@admin

You said you would enhance the Victory’s firepower or upwind sailing abilities.

What is your decision?

Right now it seems like that ship‘s going to get nerfed not buffed!

Vic is tiny compared to his counterparts. A step forward from the Bucentaure.

In fact Bucentaure should be able to take down a Vic, and right now it cant.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

You are against eh controlperk for ships wifhout bowchasers. I would like to know what ship without cannons is OP now after that change.

For example Renomee has no bowchasers and its fast, is it OP to use now with controlperk or does it become a option to use?

Same with essex and belle poule. They are not fast but were useless because you also could just sail a trinc or p frig.

@admin Why does the normal frigate have such a bad sailingprofile? Maybe you can review it too.

Again, show me where I mentioned anything about them being "OP". My point is that if people choose to sail a ship that has no bow chasers (which MANY players do) then they should accept the limitation that comes with it. Not get a magical ability. I, for example choose to sail a ship without stern chasers. This means I can not slow down pursuing vessels, does this mean that I am also entitled to a magical ability?

Edited by NethrosDefectus

Just now, NethrosDefectus said:

Again, show me where I mentioned anything about the being "OP". My point is that if people choose to sail a ship that has no bow chasers (which MANY players do) then they should accept the limitation that comes with it. Not get a magical ability. I for example CHOOSE to sail a ship without stern chasers. This means I can not slow down pursuing vessels, does this mean that I am also entitled to a magical ability?

What do you fear?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

What do you fear?

As usual, people always have to try and make these things personal.......

But I will bite anyhow.

I "fear" a large group of players with couple of Renomees in the group keeping me "tagged" in battle without having to do anything because they have a FREE magical ability and not having the ability to counter it. This is yet another example of the game going in favour of the gank squad and screwing the solo hunter.

It's a ship that can keep up with me, keep me tagged without firing a shot and that I cannot slow down. I face exactly the same disadvantage as you. So why do I not get something? By your logic, I should.

9 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Vic is tiny compared to his counterparts. A step forward from the Bucentaure.

In fact Bucentaure should be able to take down a Vic, and right now it cant.

I don‘t talk about the relation of Buc and Vic, but of the ballance between the 1st rates!

E.g.: If the Santi has the most firepower and the l‘Ocean is the best tank the Victory should be the best upwind sailor imo!

Edited by Navalus Magnus

6 minutes ago, Batman said:

@admin is AI supposed to have control aswell?

Client2018-02-0813-28-54-504.jpg

all ships without chasers (ai sails the same ships as players do)

• Like 2

Just now, Navalus Magnus said:

I don‘t talk about the relation of Buc and Vic, but of the ballance between the 1st rates!

Ocean has 1.90 turn rate. Vic, 2.21.

Vic has less HP but better sailing capabilities.

3 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

As usual, people always have to try and make these things personal.......

But I will bite anyhow.

I "fear" a large group of players with couple of Renomees in the group keeping me "tagged" in battle without having to do anything because they have a FREE magical ability and not having the ability to counter it. This is yet another example of the game going in favour of the gank squad and screwing the solo hunter

Whats different to use ball against you? I mean they are fast they will ctach you in no time. You can counter it by slowing them down like you would do it when some tag you with ball.

Edited by z4ys

Why won't you make control perk default for every ship? Let's say L'Ocean has terrible turn rate, my snow could just hide 20m away from it in dead zone (not firing zone) and stay there for 2 minutes without being tagged and escape.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Whats different to use ball against you? I mean they are fast they will ctach you in no time.

Because this is a FREE, effortless way of keeping me tagged that I have NO way of countering. How do you not get how that is an issue?

Your point is that they need this because otherwise they can't stop a ship escaping, correct? 

I have no way to stop a ship catching up with me. So by the same logic I should get something also.

Basically what this has done it give those ships "free bow chasers" and in that case I want "free stern chasers"

• Like 2

Nothing new for casual players. Same number changes for next few patches at least. Boring. 

4 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Because this is a FREE, effortless way of keeping me tagged that I have NO way of countering. How do you not get how that is an issue?

The way to countering it is having increasing separation rate.

Squadrons always had the edge. Always. No matter what incarnation of the the mechanics.

A team will always beat the individual, in paper.

A secondary way of countering it is paying attention to the horizon in the OW.

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Nothing new for casual players. Same number changes for next few patches at least. Boring. 

Just like your post

The difference is that these are changes to NAs coregameplay and its finalization of existing mechanics to go for UI and localization and release. I guess after this new features are a possibility but the core has to work first.

(I guess)

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

The way to countering it is having increasing separation rate.

Squadrons always had the edge. Always. No matter what incarnation of the the mechanics.

A team will always beat the individual, in paper.

A secondary way of countering it is paying attention to the horizon in the OW.

Really? So your response is "get gud nub"?

Real mature way for a "community leader" to act

7 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Your point is that they need this because otherwise they can't stop a ship escaping, correct? 

I have no way to stop a ship catching up with me. So by the same logic I should get something also.

Basically what this has done it give those ships "free bow chasers" and in that case I want "free stern chasers"

Lack of bowchasers was a reason why noone used these ships. 

But I get your point I vote for "controlperk for everyone" aswell.

Difference is that you dont care if someone behind escapes you, you will probably be happy because you ran away anyway. 

• Like 3