Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 16: Control, Mast and Ship strengths rebalance.

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, admin said:

Umlauts work now for Prussian ranks

Überragende Änderung, mein Führer König!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Decreased mast thickness, is that 10-15%?

Increased mast hp, more in some cases than in other.  Twice as much?

Decreased mast thickness probably doubles everyones mast dps as you can now penetrate easily with all your decks.

Is this a buff or nerf?  Spray and pray?

I hope I'm wrong.

I think you are "wrong" it could be good for overall gameplay. Only time will tell :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

no bow gun ports 

 

Please guys, it is clear. Doesn't say anything about guns, but about gun ports.

The ambiguity is still there: no bow ports means "only no bow ports" or includes also "no bow ports and no stern ports".

So it is not clear at all.

Edited by victor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Decreased mast thickness, is that 10-15%?

Increased mast hp, more in some cases than in other.  Twice as much?

Decreased mast thickness probably doubles everyones mast dps as you can now penetrate easily with all your decks.

Is this a buff or nerf?  Spray and pray?

I hope I'm wrong.

Isnt "spray and pray" exactly what people complaining about singleshot sniping asked for?

Edited by Liq
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, victor said:

The ambiguity is still there: no bow ports means "only" no bow ports or includes no bow port and no stern ports.

So it is not clear at all.

It says - no bow gun ports 

Bow

ports

.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Toto Cabbage said:

Thats dumb...

Why it is dumb? Why people think control is a bad thing for these handicapped ships when tagging is the most important part in game?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hethwill said:

It says - no bow gun ports 

Bow

ports

.

Are you serious mate? I mean, really!

A ship that has no bow gun ports (and no stern ports as well) will have the perk or not?

If the answer is yes, in fact, this would mean that he can hardly escape against any other ships (control works even if you are the fleeing part and with no stern cannons, you know what it happens). So I asked if this was working as intended.

So please, just let Admin answer my question (if they want to).

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, z4ys said:

Why it is dumb? Why people think control is a bad thing for these handicapped ships when tagging is the most important part in game?

Those ships are fast, they sacrifice bow chasers as a result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NethrosDefectus said:

Those ships are fast, they sacrifice bow chasers as a result. 

The fastest ship on the game, the endymion has stern and bow chasers. Probably one of the reasons a lot of people uses it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Isnt "spray and pray" exactly what people complaining about singleshot sniping asked for?

I read it and that was the first thing that came in my mind.

Sniping will be the same as you only fire one cannon at time but will take longer, you tho have 2 decks to shoot instead of 1 or maybe even 3.  So you can snipe without reload breaks?  When you spray you have now 2x cannons that can hit and penetrate.  This should be eating benefits from those extra hit points they gave.

I did not test it so cannot really know it.  We will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Those ships are fast, they sacrifice bow chasers as a result. 

Essex is realy fast

Reno is small and fast yes but why should the endy be faster better and have the ability to tag?

Belle poule the same etc etc.

These ships now become a real option for OW

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, victor said:

Are you serious mate? I mean, really!

This is a simple thing of semantics.

A ship that has no gun ports (and no stern ports as well) will have the perk or not?

If the answer is yes, in fact, this would mean that he can hardly escape against any other ships (control works even if you are the fleeing part and with no stern cannons, you know what it happens). So I asked if this was working as intended.

So please, just let Admin answer my question.

You’re just being obtuse at this point.  Stop looking for a problem to a solution. It CLEARLY states BOW PORTS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, admin said:

Control perk has been added to all ships with no bow gun ports (no chasers).

Uhm.... I dont know if this is going to work. But I'm still looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Intrepido said:

The fastest ship on the game, the endymion has stern and bow chasers. Probably one of the reasons a lot of people uses it.

I agree the Endymion is ridiculous but I wouldn't say its speed it the main reason so many people use it. It's more than it can outrun/keep up with almost any ship at any angle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Those ships are fast, they sacrifice bow chasers as a result. 

So brig,cerb merc are the fastest ship in-game? Ah yeah wait it's the endy that has chasers ontop

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rediii said:

Essex is realy fast

Reno is small and fast yes but why should the endy be faster better and have the ability to tag?

Belle poule the same etc etc.

These ships now become a real option for OW

No they don't, they become a "troll" ship for hunting groups to include in their line up, keep you tagged with minimal effort. At least the Endymion still has to be able to aim and hit you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NethrosDefectus said:

No they don't, they become a "troll" ship for hunting groups to include in their line up, keep you tagged with minimal effort. At least the Endymion still has to be able to aim and hit you

because thats so hard

*facepalm*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

So brig,cerb merc are the fastest ship in-game? Ah yeah wait it's the endy that has chasers ontop

I said FAST not FASTEST. How about you actually read it properly before you post your smart arse comments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Decreased mast thickness, is that 10-15%?

Increased mast hp, more in some cases than in other.  Twice as much?

Decreased mast thickness probably doubles everyones mast dps as you can now penetrate easily with all your decks.

Is this a buff or nerf?  Spray and pray?

I hope I'm wrong.

At the moment "pros" with penetration builds penetrate almost any mast with 24pds and up. Slight nerf to thickness will give better chances to lighter/not buffed guns, still doubling HPs will require double required mast hits to break one (and will increase effect of mast buffs... making them not required - thinking to a Hachiroku's post - but also very effective protecting from demasting).

This way, with mast buffs, going for hull while enemy goes for masts could be a reasonable and working option.

So granted this datas, for me it's thumb up. We will see how this could change game meta and tactics

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, victor said:

Are you serious mate? I mean, really!

A ship that has no bow gun ports (and no stern ports as well) will have the perk or not?

If the answer is yes, in fact, this would mean that he can hardly escape against any other ships (control works even if you are the fleeing part and with no stern cannons, you know what it happens). So I asked if this was working as intended.

So please, just let Admin answer my question (if they want to).

Have you ever really played with control perk? You can always escape. When you are faster and play smart.

I guess you are talking about the lgv. Tell me what changes for you? Players will keep you tagged  with chasers if you don't play smart. So what will change now? Tell me exactly. (By the way ball tagging range is much further than control distance)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I said FAST not FASTEST. How about you actually read it properly before you post your smart arse comments?

I understand but because of you logic endy shouldn't have chasers ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I understand but because of you logic endy shouldn't have chasers ;-)

I am pointing out the reason people sailed those ships (speed) and what they sacrificed to obtain it. The fact that the devs seem determined to keep introducing one ship that can do everything at any angle without any negative is beside the point. Like the Wasa before it, the Endymion has NO downside to sailing it. I have always been an advocate to change this. But that is a separate discussion. My point is that these ships were fast but had a disadvantage (chasers) and EVERY ship should have a negative point (Trinc/P.Frig has no stern chasers for example. Should they have a magic ability built in?) The Endymion was insanely fast but only at a VERY narrow window, the devs changed that and no it is insanely fast as ALL angles.

Edited by NethrosDefectus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×