Game-Labs Forum
xAzDKr

I was wrong, sorry

nevermind, thanks for the responses

I'm just gonna play and try to relearn things before I post on the forum lol

Edited by xAzDKr
I'm a dumbass

So now what you're asking for is reinforcments to work the other way round aswell, when you tag others in the zone?

WAT.jpg

Edited by Liq

I've recently returned to the game after a long hiatus, so forgive me if I'm ignorant to changes that took place in that time. With that being said, is it not fairly unrealistic for enemy ships to be allowed to sit in a harbor?

9 minutes ago, Liq said:

So now what you're asking for is reinforcments to work the other way round aswell, when you tag others in the zone?

WAT.jpg

Wat Woman, my favorite superhero.

2 minutes ago, xAzDKr said:

I've recently returned to the game after a long hiatus, so forgive me if I'm ignorant to changes that took place in that time. With that being said, is it not fairly unrealistic for enemy ships to be allowed to sit in a harbor?

Then kill him

they can't even tag you because then you'll get 2 hyper 1st rates per enemy; however you could assemble a fleet and go for them? Can't get ganked but given the opportunity to pvp. Can't see the issue

1 minute ago, McKillen said:

Don't worry. The British are brilliant at fixing this sort of thing.hhhh.thumb.png.db31f1dbe98c88fb9c97d44dba69bd4f.png

Wish I was on at that time, whenever I'm around I can't get a hold of anybody that wants to defend 

In 1700-1800, without internet and no air cover, they could stay surely for some days and none will come to help the ship already in the harbor: Admirality should be noticed of the attack, than prepare a fleet and send it to the place...

43 minutes ago, xAzDKr said:

nevermind, thanks for the responses

I'm just gonna play and try to relearn things before I post on the forum lol

9 minutes ago, Liq said:

they can't even tag you because then you'll get 2 hyper 1st rates per enemy; however you could assemble a fleet and go for them? Can't get ganked but given the opportunity to pvp. Can't see the issue

The issue is that an alt or some noob player can tag him and drag others within the tag circle into a battle in the green zone and they cannot call reinforcements. As the OP said they probably have lots of friends ready to join once a wrong tag has been made.

This is a perfect example of why the green zones need to stay and why the protection in them should be increased. Imagine what the entrance to KPR would be like without the green zone, you would not be able to sail out with the numbers of predators hanging around outside. Yet they all claim not to be seal clubbers and that they only hang out there as it is the only place to find PvP.

Don't fret man.. You've touched on a prickly subject that seems to be the discussion du jour on the forum. Green/safe/capital zone mechanics are being widely debated because a lot of people on the PvP side of the game feel like they are limiting their content, and they aren't wrong in some cases. The problem is primarily that the the zones offer important protection for new players but there aren't good enough incentives to encourage more experienced players to dip their toes outside the zones after leveling up.

And that's on the dev's not on you.  So don't hesitate to ask questions as you come to terms with all of the new mechanics.  It can be hard depending on much time you've spent in the game previously.  Good luck! :P 

6 minutes ago, Archaos said:

The issue is that an alt or some noob player can tag him and drag others within the tag circle into a battle in the green zone and they cannot call reinforcements. As the OP said they probably have lots of friends ready to join once a wrong tag has been made.

This is a perfect example of why the green zones need to stay and why the protection in them should be increased. Imagine what the entrance to KPR would be like without the green zone, you would not be able to sail out with the numbers of predators hanging around outside. Yet they all claim not to be seal clubbers and that they only hang out there as it is the only place to find PvP.

well then what we need is a toggle button in OW where you can decide whether or not you want to get dragged in battles which your nation mates start

16 minutes ago, Liq said:

well then what we need is a toggle button in OW where you can decide whether or not you want to get dragged in battles which your nation mates start

We already have that with one-man battle groups. :P 

Or just go play PvE... Seems the easiest solution to me..

Remove magical reinforcement areas - and let two kind of missions be created: Safe missions that yield very little gold, no upgrades and no books - inside capital area. 2nd kind: higher risk, higher gold reward and a drop chance for modules and books.

EDIT: and remove all ressources inside safezones.

Edited by Bearwall

Im wrong all the time man. I just don't admit it when I hello kitty up and blame sinking on game, devs mechanics and whatever comes to mind. Welcome to Naval Action!!!!

No probs @xAzDKr, you pay some good rounds of rum for all and we will happy to forgive you (if we still remember our names and yours) ;)

Ehm... Arr? :D

Edited by blubasso

Well if there was a way to challenge pvp directly then ow sailing wouldn't be a problem, bring back duels with losses.

There will always be those directly hunting down lower players in game. Thats the problem as most dont play for pvp but only because thats where the players are.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Don't fret man.. You've touched on a prickly subject that seems to be the discussion du jour on the forum. Green/safe/capital zone mechanics are being widely debated because a lot of people on the PvP side of the game feel like they are limiting their content, and they aren't wrong in some cases. The problem is primarily that the the zones offer important protection for new players but there aren't good enough incentives to encourage more experienced players to dip their toes outside the zones after leveling up.

And that's on the dev's not on you.  So don't hesitate to ask questions as you come to terms with all of the new mechanics.  It can be hard depending on much time you've spent in the game previously.  Good luck! :P 

6 minutes ago, BallsOfSteel said:

Well if there was a way to challenge pvp directly then ow sailing wouldn't be a problem, bring back duels with losses.

There will always be those directly hunting down lower players in game. Thats the problem as most dont play for pvp but only because thats where the players are.

Um... Legends?