Game-Labs Forum

Hostility changes - fun for everyone, including small clans.

Captains

This month we plan to deploy final hostility changes based on the testing and learnings over the last 18 months. 
Unfortunately current leader takes all approach is not working due to human nature and ability to solve any problem politically. We and many players are unsatisfied with how it works; for example you can deny enemy his position on the leaderboard by abandoning ports to a friendly nation taking them back the next round. 

Proposals

Victory marks changes

Victory marks will be awarded for port control not for the national position of the conquest leaderboard.

• Every captain who participated in a victorious port battle and has lord protector status on the round end will get victory marks (even if their clan only owns 1 port)
  • Rewards will be tiered to provide incentive to capture more ports in a way similar to Naval Action Legends event leaderboards
    • 1 port 1 mark
    • 10 ports 2-3 marks etc… 
  • New ways to spend victory marks will be added (gold chests, paint chests etc for VM and PVP marks)

As a result even a small clan from impossible nations will be able to get rewarded for their conquest efforts giving fun for everyone. Large nations will get more rewards due to structured tiered nature of the leaderboards.

TLDR - rewards will be granted to lord protectors - not nations. If you hold at least one port your nation will love you more and grant you the victory marks to use in admiralty stores. 

Hostility changes

Hostility currently is based on old system (line ship ports, 4th rate ports and shallow ports) has the following main problems
Number of NPC ships in hostility is not related to the port, force of the attacker and it does not allow means to counter it effectively. For example if 25 first rates are gaining hostility defenders basically have no means to counter it because they are always disadvantaged in a battle due to bots presence. 

The following changes will be applied

• Hostility missions will spawn ships ships similar to the ships of the attacker.
    • If attacker comes in first rates - NPC will spawn with first rates. If attackers come in cutters - NPC will spawn in cutters. 
  • Hostility missions will spawn number of ships similar to number of ships of the attacker
    • if you want to grind hostility solo you will encounter solo defenders.
    • if you want to grind hostility in a group you will see grouped NPCs against you.
  • Number of player ships allowed in a hostility mission will be set at 10 for both sides. Only ten player ship can enter a hostility mission from one of the sides.
    • player ships: total 20 for both sides - 10 attacking players/10 defending players
    • npc ships: total up to 10 on the defending side (20 in total - up to 10 npc defenders and up to 10 player defenders)

This will make hostility missions more predictable, will balance them depending on the number of attackers, give defenders better chances, and give the options to counter the hostility. 

Lets discuss searching for potential loopholes and unforeseen problems. 

• Like 27

if you grind hostility solo you will encounter solo defenders.

I hope grinding hostility solo will give lower percentage on hostility level than going in groups of 25 otherwise you'll see 100 port battles per day.

Edited by Guest

If attacker comes in first rates - NPC will come with first rates. If attackers come in cutters - NPC will come in cutters. 

attackers come with cutters 

what happens when defender players enter that hostility  battle with first rates?

will this be possible or restricted

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, admin said:

TLDR - rewards will be granted to lord protectors - not nations.

Small problem: Getting lord protector in ports which rarely or never get attacked means you almost never lose the status without doing anything for it.

Im pretty active but I didnt joined any undefended PBs so I have only like 4 lord protectors atm.

Dont know if this is fixable and its only a small problem anyway tho.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 1

Just now, admin said:

Captains

This month we plan to deploy final hostility changes based on the testing and learnings over the last 18 months. 
Unfortunately current leader takes all approach is not working due to human nature and ability to solve any problem politically. We are unsatisfied with how it works like now (including many captains who participate in RVR); for example you can deny enemy his position on the leaderboard by abandoning ports to a friendly nation taking them back the next round. 

Proposals

Victory marks changes

Victory marks will be awarded for port control not for the  [IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE SOMETHING HERE?]

• Every captain who participated in a victorious port battle will get victory marks (even if their clan only owns 1 port)
  • Rewards will be tiered to provide incentive to capture more ports in a way similar to Naval Action Legends event leaderboards
    • 1 port 1 mark
    • 10 ports 2-3 marks etc… 
  • New ways to spend victory marks will be added (gold chests, paint chests etc for VM and PVP marks)

As a result even a small clan from impossible nations will be able to get rewarded for their conquest efforts giving fun for everyone. Large nations will get more rewards due to structured tiered nature of the leaderboards.

TLDR - rewards will be granted to lord protectors - not nations. If you hold at least one port your nation will love you more and grant you the victory marks to use in admiralty stores. 

Hostility changes

Hostility currently is based on old system (line ship ports, 4th rate ports and shallow ports) has the following main problems
Number of NPC ships in hostility is not related to the port, force of the attacker and it does not allow means to counter it effectively. For example if 25 first rates are gaining hostility defenders basically have no means to counter it because they are always disadvantaged in a battle due to bots presence. 

The following changes will be applied

• Hostility missions will spawn ships ships similar to the ships of the attacker.
    • If attacker comes in first rates - NPC will come with first rates. If attackers come in cutters - NPC will come in cutters. 
  • Hostility missions will spawn number of ships similar to number of ships of the attacker
    • if you grind hostility solo you will encounter solo defenders.
    • if you join the battle with 10 attackers you will see 10 NPC defenders
  • Number of player ships allowed in a hostility mission will be set at 10 for both sides. Only ten player ship can enter a hostility mission from one of the sides.
    • player ships: total 20 for both sides - 10 attacking players/10 defending players
    • npc ships: total up to 10 for defender

This will make hostility missions more predictable, will balance them depending on the number of attackers, give defenders better chances, and give the options to counter the hostility. 

Lets discuss searching for potential loopholes and unforeseen problems. 

can you please complete the green part or correct the phrase?

Looks good with only the following limits needed - Shallow and Deep ports - meaning hostility missions for Shallow can only be accessed by Shallow types and invaded by shallow types. Deep water ports are no limits of course.

Rest looks good. Especially the Lord Protector.

• Like 1

Just now, Navalus Magnus said:

Is it possible that defending players who join the hostility battle take out npc defenders / substitute them?

nope - because like in that pvp raid idea defenders can be alts and they will shoot their own npcs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Again, set a minumin of enemy bots or the trolling will reach epic levels.

dont get the trolling part. 
hostility is granted for ships sank and if you sink cutters you get less hostility 

• Like 8

Is there a real reason why we persist with various different units of currency ?

PVP mark

VM

CM

Gold

It could well be something trivial I am missing but to me it  makes everything a little more complicated than it needs to be. Of course if items you could purchase with crypto currencies were BOA or untradeable then it would make a little more sense.

Appologies if I am being dense, I am not sure they serve a purpose other than to reduce the tax take in port shops :)

• Like 1

@admin

If I understood correctly: even if a player participates to a Port battle and his faction wins that port battle, that player does NOT get any mark if the clan of that player does not control at least one port?

Edited by victor

Just now, Intrepido said:

Ok, I explain.

I want to attack a port. I dont want to be interrumpted in my hostility mission.

I send individual people to make hostility in several ports to make the defender just mad.

that's military tactics (called diversive) not trolling

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vizzini said:

Is there a real reason why we persist with various different units of currency ?

PVP mark

VM

CM

Gold

PvP marks and VMs are valueable and more for luxury stuff while the rest is easy to get, inflated and only valueable for basic stuff (like ressources and bowfigures).

1 minute ago, victor said:

@admin

If I understood correctly, if a player participates to a Port battle and his faction wins, he does NOT get any mark if the clan of that player does not control at least one port?

Player gets Lord protector status if he is part of the winning port battle
If he is still a lord protector on monday he gets a victory mark. 

• Like 3