Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
slik

2 February 2018 Patch notes

Hello Captains

This year's first patch has arrived. It took more time than expected to prepare it, but it gives us better control of battle statistics and rewards.

What's new:

• added ability to capture ships
  • new officer hire popup

What's fixed:

• fixed player disconnect behavior
  • fixed some buttons' sounds

A few words about the ability to capture ships.

To achieve this ability and correctly collect statistics (for correct rewards) we had to divide the concept "kill" into two parts:  "captain neutralization" and "ship sinking" (and as part of that, ship damaging).  So from now on, whomever most damaged a player gets neutralization, whomever most damaged a ship (independent from player) receives sink.

• Neutralization gives a special reward, based on captain's rank
  • Ship sinking doesn't give any additional reward for now
  • Ship damaging gives rewards as it was before, just without sinking bonus

Damage on ship is calculated while there is an enemy captain in it, even if this ship was captured from your team.  Additional damage on Derelict (without captain) ships isn't calculated and rewarded.

You're able to sink Derelict ship (and get damage for that) from the Assign crew window, or keep it for someone from your team.

When you have more crew than the amount that can be moved to the captured ship - you lose the rest of crew (it won't stay at your previous ship, even if you recapture it), be careful.

We had to move the ability to capture towers and forts to the next patch.

2 hours ago, slik said:

When you have more crew than the amount that can be moved to the captured ship - you lose the rest of crew (it won't stay at your previous ship, even if you recapture it), be careful.

just why?...

Couple of reports sent re marines not swapping ships (if they're meant to) and a slightly unclear 'kill' but other than that it seems to work well. 

Any clues to give on timeframe for release/open beta? 3-6 months? :)

Fighting NPCs will Never go away, I Know this for a fact, and understand it more now.  Even if you wish to keep smoking that pipe.  Just understand it will never go away.  You have to give people a way to grind with some hope of winning and a feeling of accomplishment... And a Way to make money for you and them.  BUT:

• Still looking at (best guess) total earned Xp around 6 million for 5th slot.  At this point, I am Sure I am the closest person to the 5th slot and can see now see why this is so high for the making money aspect of it. So this should not be changed.... yea I said it.
  • Not played yet so not tested Do Med cannons have Double ball or other yet? @slik @admin
  • Can you please make it so I can save Screen shots in this beta to be saved on my steam account.

Still No Sign up or Q for large battle even player made battles, once every hour or two. I ask for this in October, With NO NPC's pick a boat and wait option.  

I can not for the life of me understand why this has not been put in game yet.  Even Ubisoft added this in, less than one week after It was suggested for what they called conquest, do to low numbers, in controlled Closed Alpha. and it was a huge hit.

This game has to have something like this, like last year.   It will never be a sustainable game until it has it, as a fall back option or (more likely) End game.  It can not be that hard to do you already got 95% of it done in NA-OW 

• Should have a BR limit or even BR out for each side. (Maybe) Two 1st rate ver four 4th will equal out just fine. It not mater if match is 10 ver 20 if BR is close.
    • Max out the Ship limits here to beyond what you think is max... love to see 50 ver 50 or more of ever ship in game then adjust to what ever the server can handle but go to the extreme max. After hitting post I thought of this,  I know it is more of the amount of canons that are being fired at same time that is the real true lag problem with the game. Maybe setting a limit (Cannon Count) that might help 100 ver 100 5th rates lol.
  • Everyone wants big Battles with no NPC's.
  • What needs to be done:
    • With a Sign in Q, You must pick a boat 1st, then are forced to pick side with less BR. 
    • Everyone can see the ships that have been picked and what side they are on with a added up BR count, for each side.
      • Who has not picked a ship yet.
  • This one thing will bring everyone one together END OF STORY.  That is what you want right.  It really not matter what LVL you are what ship you are in, if you are having fun getting sunk every game and your team might still win.
  • Maybe cost Silver to even join.  But if you win you get gold in return win(more) or lose(not so much)

I would love to see someone pick a 1st rate.  Then 5 or 6 others all pick small boats ver him, it is the only way to get everyone really playing together and get rid of the nastiness of NA-OW.   You could even add Random port battles(or pick a port) maps so people could use this to test for NA-OW.

I would love to see NA-L become NA-OW with none of the Open World Time sink Crap... Sailing, Building, Crafting.  That is more or less what Ubisoft is doing, but they only have 3 factions(easily changed for now) with bonuses to boats for faction that are holding objectives(Cites / Regions).  It would be close to RVR but not really not even close.

• Clans Should be added 
  • Factions Should be cut down to 3 or 4 maybe 5 with a map size we/You have. Your open world/ conquest map is insanely large compared to theirs.
  • If you do go Conquest route (for end game) 
    • Don't go crazy with it, Simple is key.  Ask The people that love the game. Make them feel like they as Special.. PM them or a make a Forum for just them and hold them to highest Standers of a verbal nondisclosure, no trolling agreement or kick them out of group.
      •  What can't happen is post getting taken over by the trolls.
      • You will never get, nor come close to real feed back that matters. From someone that complains every Damn day. 
      • I can give you a list of 100-50-30 people and most I don't like(lol joking I like everyone but the trolls).  But you know who they are!!!  Invite them threw a Personal Message to some secret forum or club.(That will make it is Special and personal to them)  So that you can get real feed back in a real way, but they will not even bother if they have to compete with the trolls or the cry baby of the day.
Edited by JobaSet

It would be nice to get custom lobbies and battles but there's just not enough players around to use it atm. I'd rather the devs concentrate on getting the basics completed for release, any extras can be looked at once we have a few hundred other people to sink.

Although I would love a conquest mode with ports having different ship limitations, opening times and battle types etc :)

1 minute ago, Fellvred said:

It would be nice to get custom lobbies and battles but there's just not enough players around to use it atm. I'd rather the devs concentrate on getting the basics completed for release, any extras can be looked at once we have a few hundred other people to sink.

Although I would love a conquest mode with ports having different ship limitations, opening times and battle types etc :)

Everything I suggested is already in NA-OW, Duel room Fleet practice or what ever they call it.  Just mod that a little and they are done.  It already there and been there since the 1st thought of this game.  They have to give players that don't want NPC's and have no reason to XP anymore something to do.  

This is a quote from another Forum more or less

"I mean think about it, it is 8:50pm your time,  your are in a 6th or 5th rate, you have two options can q up and wait for how long just to play NPCs maybe a few people or know you can Q up and do a big battle with real people at 9pm .  If you get sunk early in match you q up with npc's and will be done before the 10pm Big battle starts."  I briefly thought every half hour would work, but most big battle last longer than 30 mins.  You want everyone one on constant rotation for max players. Most would jump on NA-Ow and do something until close to next big battle if it went long.  But they Know when to be on for next big battle.  Think Port battle every hour on hour (even 2 hours) how many people get on OW.  It is very simple math if you look at it. 

If you are solo/grouped you are going to be able pull off about 3 matches an hour if your lucky, with no beaks.  That is less than 20 min matches 3 times in a row. Extreme game play, but can be done(Lot easier with group, just a lot less XP).I have done 4 in 59 mins but not often I always need more beer or have to go P. But you can't have any running cearbearrs.

But two matches a hour, with a break to Piss and get more beer, is more normal.  It only takes one dummy Yahoo running to draw a match out and then you will be lucky to get 3 matches in 2 hours.

Got on and played Some:

Not fixed yet From Start

1. Losing board screen is jacked up can't see anything like you should. Can't even zoom in or out now.
  2. After ever battle.... If you run Windowed you must adjust screen every time so mouse will line up right.
  3. 5 min Timer lol with 10 or so popping in, then leaving because they don't want to play anyone other than NPC's.  (Yea I get it so you can win the events)
  4. Your NPC's killing you and killing Crew. Even worse if you are boarding someone.
  5. Other teams NPC's taken out 15% or more(not mater the boat) crew and ruder from any angle at 500m out every match.  Even worse if you are boarding some one.

That is enough no reason keep going. 

11 hours ago, JobaSet said:

5 min Timer lol with 10 or so popping in, then leaving because they don't want to play anyone other than NPC's.  (Yea I get it so you can win the events)

I cannot really see the point in the 5 min timer when there are so few online. If there are 10 people online and 9 of them are already in battles that have more than 5 mins left to go, then you are just waiting in the hope someone else comes online. 

Regarding the playing against NPC's, I must admit I do try and get battles just against NPC's for the weekend event. The reason is I have had bad experiences when there are other players as some deliberately mess you around when they have little chance of winning. I had one person drag half the NPC's off the map getting them to chase him, though in some ways I cannot blame him as it was a silly match as he was in a Renommee and I was in a Connie. Yes the teams were balanced but on his side the balance was with AI vessels and the heavier ones tend to stay at range and snipe rather than brawl.

The matchmaking system really needs to have the strongest ship on each team be similar and controlled by players and not have one side with the strongest ship as a player and the other team have the weakest ship as a player, especially for the event. If I am in a Renommee and I am only against NPC's then the strongest ship will be a Renommee but if I am against another player there is a chance I could be facing many stronger vessels, which gives little chance for getting kills in the event.

To tell the truth I have said it before and I still think it holds true that even on release the game will still need numbers made up with NPC's if they remain in the same format for matchmaking and keeping the wait limit to 5 mins max.

5 hours ago, Archaos said:

I cannot really see the point in the 5 min timer when there are so few online. If there are 10 people online and 9 of them are already in battles that have more than 5 mins left to go, then you are just waiting in the hope someone else comes online. 

Regarding the playing against NPC's, I must admit I do try and get battles just against NPC's for the weekend event. Everyone Does This no reason to admit it,  It kinda like Everyone knows NPC's will never go away.  They just wont admit it.  The reason is I have had bad experiences when there are other players as some deliberately mess you around when they have little chance of winning. I had one person drag half the NPC's off the map getting them to chase him, though in some ways I cannot blame him as it was a silly match as he was in a Renommee and I was in a Connie. Yes the teams were balanced but on his side the balance was with AI vessels and the heavier ones tend to stay at range and snipe rather than brawl. Not one person playing this game can Say this has never happened to them.  It is The ALWAYS RUN mentality brought from NA-OW, Even tho I and many others have proven getting killed and Starting another battle is way faster to get XP.   Run and draw battle out 30-60 min battle get your xp.  Be aggressive sink 2 or 3, get sunk Less than 20min , Start over. 

The matchmaking system really needs to have the strongest ship on each team be similar and controlled by players and not have one side with the strongest ship as a player and the other team have the weakest ship as a player, especially for the event. If I am in a Renommee and I am only against NPC's then the strongest ship will be a Renommee but if I am against another player there is a chance I could be facing many stronger vessels, which gives little chance for getting kills in the event.

To tell the truth I have said it before and I still think it holds true that even on release the game will still need numbers made up with NPC's if they remain in the same format for matchmaking and keeping the wait limit to 5 mins max.  Everyone Knows this except maybe just a few,  It is a great way to learn the game with better odds of winning for Everyone and easy to lvl up officers.  Why I and many others Stop playing, We want an Event every hour on the hour with no NPC's to consolidate player base just like a port battle in NA-ow does.  No way it will effect anything other than give everyone a Time, to be ready for a Event/Big battle.  Get knocked out early go play NPC's get more XP and be done for next Big Battle Event.