Game-Labs Forum

Distribution of new resources

2 minutes ago, Despeinao said:

I must interpret then that for you danish, prussians or dutch are not capable players? That is an insult in my opinion for the players of those factions. Let's be honest and realistic. We all know that these factions cant win ports against the most powerful factions of the game.  Everyone who has replie in this post knows that perfectly.

Do what you want. Not my business.

7 hours ago, David Weller said:

Since I've been playing this game, the Spanish faction has nothing, no good objects, no upgrades, nothing just harms you every day more
We ask that they change the resources of the game to benefit all nations equally, or that in each faction there is something special

That is a faction problem not a game, any faction/nation can go out and get what they want.  They just need to get organized, recruit players and do it.

7 hours ago, Despeinao said:

I'm sorry, but I think that response is bad manners. In my post I try to explain that the new resources created must be distributed equally, not that I want or not to go to get it.

I'm sorry I'm sick of todays attitude that every one should have the cake that some one else work really hard to bake.   If you want the nice things you need to go out and get them yourself.  If you want the top elite gear you need to go do the top elite content in games.  That are pay some one out the arse that did it for the same gear.  Every one has a means to get things in game, you can steal it, win it or make it.   It's your choice how you plan to get it.  Just about every thing is dropped through RNG PvE loot too, so it's not like your keep completely away from such things.

Now with that with what 11 nations now it would of been nice if they had more than 2 ports.  I would think 3-4 would of been better number and maybe a second port with something like Cart Tar, but as folks mention the reason they do this is to give some one to fight over things.  Back when we had alliances folks didn't fight cause they could just use each other ports and there was no reason to captured them from other nations.  Now there is a reason to fight.  You want Copper than go capture  a port.  France has one by Spanish ports.  The British has one in the shallows.   Pick one or the other and go for it.

Now my issue is that the owner of a port with rare goods still has to do the bid fight over the contracts.  Owners of rare good ports should get a small number of the mats sent to clan warehouse each day for owning the port. This will encourage more players to fight over rare good ports if they get some without having to have a bid war with half the server.

5 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Use an alt *eyeroll* like most do for carta tar

Yes, the alts... that's why we see more logins per day and don't find players anywhere. I think these rare resources will promote more alts than RvR.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Borch said:

This distribiution is made that way, so honestly playing 1 character people will have to live off on basic resources while alt abusing players will enjoy all the goods like it is with cartagena tar.

But not all players use alts.  I prefer to gather resources with no alt and play the faction as intended with whatever resources are available.  But utimately uneven distribution is simply good for driving RVR, whether or not you use alts.

9 hours ago, Despeinao said:

I disagree too. I think that conquest and equal distribution are perfectly compatibles. It´ssimple. If I have one of those ports and I can conquer another I try it.

Sorry but i really don't think devs will change their game from foundations just because you find it unfair. 

You could try to speak to them, but what if they say no? 

Will you stop to play or deal with their decisions?

This is not irony or sarcasm,  just a simple question. 

Edited by blubasso

22 hours ago, Despeinao said:

My question to the devs is this: what were the reasons for this distribution? Would not it be much more fair for all the players that the new resources are distributed equally, at least one port in each faction?
Thanks you for your attention.

Only one reason: Sales of accounts and forged papers.

@Despeinao

Yes, it would be fair, to give each fraction a port, where these new rare ressources were available!

... but it would be utterly boring, too - why should you fight for something you‘ve already got!

Thus imo the best we could hope and ask for is the following:

1. Resources for every useful upgrade should only be available in ports outside of any safezone.

2. Ports, where rare ressources are available, should be spread across the whole map.

3. There should only be one (or maybe two) port(s), where a certain rare ressource is available.