Game-Labs Forum

Exciting OR RNG crafting is back, and I have a problem with it.

8 minutes ago, admin said:

what do you mean to long to craft something? How long? (i have heard it can take almost a month to build a top ship in eve or longer)

I never played eve.

it takes too long to craft materials. you have to click too often to spend your hours. it takes a lot of time.
it would be great if you want to craft a ship and you can just choose: were from the clan warehouses (only officers) or from the own warehouse to take. click once and the ship is ready

The amount of material to be craft must also be increased

Edited by Christoph
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, admin said:

what do you mean to long to craft something? How long? (i have heard it can take almost a month to build a top ship in eve or longer)

Aye. You are right. But in contrast to the EvE Ui, NA's is shit. Maybe it will change if its reworked but for now its too difficult to use and ugly.

27 minutes ago, admin said:

French Hebe Copy - Leda class had 47 ships built on the same blueprint and only trinomalee and shannon are remembered (the rest were fine standard ships too)
French Pomone Copy - or Endymion class had 5 ships built on the same blueprint but only Endymion was awesome (the rest were good standard ships)

Am I mistaken if I say that if a ship was good (famous) or not was more influenced by its captain and crew than by its crafting?

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Jœrnson said:

Am I mistaken if I say that if a ship was good (famous) or not was more influenced by its captain and crew than by its crafting?

Not necessarily. Pomone being a magnificent example with the RN putting a lot of resources to sea to capture her due to being good ( and famous ). Not the captain :)

11 minutes ago, rediii said:

What he means:

I have all the ressources needed for the ship but not the material.

Now I have to click trough all material. Instead it would be nice to just click "build material" or something to build that.

You cojld also have buttons behind the material to click "craft" so you dont have to search material the whole time etc

Or link the text so I can click on teak planks and get into teak planks crafting. Then I should be able to click back to get to the ship I want to build and then click on teak frame to be able to craft teak frame parts.

Its the UI that makes crafting a pain at the moment (atleast I think it is)

Maybe i didnt understand it? But thats possible.  Craft a ship and you can click on the components to craft the components for the components and so on... 

58 minutes ago, admin said:

crafted ships are always great (they can never be shabby)
but sometimes your shipyard has providence or satori or whatever inspiration and make a better ship

It happened in history right and left

French Hebe Copy - Leda class had 47 ships built on the same blueprint and only trinomalee and shannon are remembered (the rest were fine standard ships too)
French Pomone Copy - or Endymion class had 5 ships built on the same blueprint but only Endymion was awesome (the rest were good standard ships)

44 minutes ago, Liq said:

Yep 

If you got all ressources ready for materials there should just be a button "prepare to craft" which automatically crafts all the ressources into materials needed.. too much of a time waste in clicking, checking and adjusting craft bars

Pretty much what Liq said... I mean ok ok i'll buy another 3 alt accounts to be able to craft ships 24/7 to get the really good ones but only if you fix the crafting like Liq suggested... encouraging crafting isn't a good thing, if the system is a mess and waste of time. I play this game for its unparalleled visuals and unmatched realism and fun in age of sail ship combat and not for the shitty pushing buttons endlessly crafting ...

@admin I understand your point of view and like the way you see these things and are willing to talk about it. Thanks for that!

I know that there are this examples of gifted names in history. On the other side there always was a chance to improve the ships, rework them without scrapping them completely.

What I suggest, is the option, the opportunity to upgrade ships during a refit process

It'd be fine if it only were the number of slots to be increased when the planking being changed e.g changing the planks from WhiteOak to Crewspace with the planks and frame parts needed, some extra coins, e.g. Lignum and Compass Wood and the original (selectable, or the only empty one) ship and players can slowly, step by step upgrade their ship this way, even from grey ones, if they capture a ship and are lucky to find a wanted bonus on them.

Or crafting a complete refit (e.g. for each ship, in different qualities, adding one or two slots?) that can be used on a ship (right click > use and select the ship).

How would you like this ideas?

It would imho bring much more meaning into crafting again ;)

6 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Pretty much what Liq said... I mean ok ok i'll buy another 3 alt accounts to be able to craft ships 24/7 to get the really good ones but only if you fix the crafting like Liq suggested... encouraging crafting isn't a good thing, if the system is a mess and waste of time. I play this game for its unparalleled visuals and unmatched realism and fun in age of sail ship combat and not for the shitty pushing buttons endlessly crafting ...

Auto crafting would be nice, but on the other side it would cost a lot of hours, that now are delivered by others that craft the components. It would need a checkbox!

When talking about crafting: What about a shipyard-depot, where we could store the mats and dock limits per port?^^

The RNG would be so bad if stacking upgrades wasn't so ludicrously out of balance. Hell, ideally every ship would have 5 or 6 permanent slots, one for each upgrade type, filled by the crafter.

The RNG could provide that 2nd built-in (upgrade or additional planking) for a purple ship or 2 extra built-ins for a gold. Something nice but not potentially game breaking.

Also, not sure I understand the logic of reintroducing a feature that was already removed due to whatever negatives it had, and then shutting down (not presenting a counter argument, literally saying it's not up for discussion) any critical input on that feature from paying customers is kind of asshattery at it's finest. Yes we are testers, but we are also your revenue source for this game. And sure you might have enough money to shut down this game tomorrow and be fine, and that would be your right, but until that point have the tact and business sense to at least lead people to believe that all is open for discussion, even after "release".

(BTW, one thing this change has done is lead to rampant inflation in the ship markets. The price of blue ships hasn't decreased at all, but their value has dropped dramatically, which prices newer players even farther out of the competitive PvP game).

Edited by BPHick

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, blademage said:

Auto crafting would be nice, but on the other side it would cost a lot of hours, that now are delivered by others that craft the components. It would need a checkbox!

When talking about crafting: What about a shipyard-depot, where we could store the mats and dock limits per port?^^

the problem is that right now there isn't any incentive for people to fill that intermediate role. The crafting reward for crafting materials from resources is miniscule, and the value of gold at  the moment is such that it is also not profitable.

On 14.2.2018 at 9:08 PM, BPHick said:

the problem is that right now there isn't any incentive for people to fill that intermediate role. The crafting reward for crafting materials from resources is miniscule, and the value of gold at  the moment is such that it is also not profitable.

Exactly that.

I hope for crafting/trading rewards, that are usable in Admiralty. E.g. a "Trade-Mark" each 2000 oak planks or for harvesting 2000 fir. So resource- and material-crafter would get a usable reward for supporting the economy.

17 hours ago, Sailorpro1 said:

...because now in the PvE server no one wants to buy regular ships because they all want 5/5 slots with special trims now...

I crafted 3 Mercury's and 3 Frigates the other night, they were all blue 3/5 and all sold quickly.  Maybe you just need to lower your prices.