Game-Labs Forum

Repair use in Fleet Practic

HachiRoku

Turns it from fun to the regular cat and mouse PVP once someone gets low. I just left my FP early because it was just a L'Ocean and a indef running from our 2 3rd rates and a frigate while repairing/rum.

Good way to suck the enjoyment out of a battle where you can sink and lose nothing.

I don't mind something like a broken bow sprit, but leave the tryharding for the real stage please.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

I tend to join in 5th rates and since most join in 2nd/1st rates and one bad broadside takes me right out of the game using repairs feel a tad redundant to me, I tell myself every game popping reps is too tryhardy for a unbalanced (played as a 5th rate with 4 3rd/2nd rates vs 4 1st rates + a 5th) rewardless practice. Though I have popped a rigging repair to try for one more rake, I feel dirty afterwards. 

I think its going to be one of those things where everyone kind of agrees they're a bit try hard, but if everyone else is going to do it I bet a lot end up popping theirs as well.

9 hours ago, Wraith said:

I think it depends on the goals of the practice. Repairs are a part of PvP and if you're trying to get good at PvP you should recreate that experience. As or today, with the new demasting meta where even long 12's will rip off the tops of 1st rate masts you may want to reconsider that "try-hard" label if you want anything approximating what you'll see in open world engagements.

I wouldn't mind if repairs were free, or just limited to 1 each. But how it is now the person who can afford to spend loads of repairs will have a huge advantage.

It's not really fun and probably contributes to people not joining in. Personally I'm not going to use all my real repairs to fight in a fake battle, and if people are going to take it that seriously then that's their choice. But I play FP for casual fun, I don't have the time or repairs to chase people around the battle.

If that's gonna be the meta for FP, i'll just save my time/money in OW where its better spent. I get enough hour long chase/run practice as it is.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

2 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Personally I'm not going to use all my real repairs to fight in a fake battle

Its all fake. That is not the point of this topic. It's in support because everyone I'm playing with are getting their repairs back after battle. I am not.