Game-Labs Forum

Hey,

when crafting a ship you have the chance to get a special bonus.

Here is a community list made by Shelby Brothers Limited:

Traits like +5% hull HP are totally fine, they give u a nice small bonus but nothing too crazy.

Then we have shit like this

20180201173441_1.jpg.6364ca06e65e0752806

5 perma slots instead of 3, which will give a significant bonus in any engagement.

I like RNG crafting. Crafters are more important now and some ships are special so that you will use them only in important fights and it hurts to lose them.

But at the same time those traits shouldnt be so broken that they get mandatory because they give you a big advantage.

I would like to see that those traits give you a "nice to have" feeling, not more.

What do you think?

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I would like to see that those traits give you a "nice to have" feeling, not more.

I support this message.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

What do you think?

The RNG Crafting is nice in my opinion.

It only becomes a problem because modules provide too big bonus. (And thereby, change the ship entirely). 

Imagine if we went back to modules/books/trims etc giving only very marginal bonus'. 
Example given;
Copper Plating = 0,5% Speed Boost. 
Cartagena Caulking = 2,5% HP Boost. 

You would then be able to "specialize" your ship (To get that 5% speed boost, you would need to spend all your perm slots and your knowledge slots). 

Suddenly, having mods would no longer be "must have", but rather "Nice to have". 

TLDR; Slight RNG in crafting is not an issue. Stacking is not an issue. 
The issue is that mods/books/trims give too big bonus.

This is just my opinion ofcourse. 

• Like 7

My biggest issue with it is when making ships on demand for other players.  If i build the ship for someone and it turns out it they didn't get some rng bonus they were hoping for they walk away leaving me with the ship.

20 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

5 perma slots instead of 3, which will give a significant bonus in any engagement.

• Minor changes to crafting. 

imgres.jpg.4e11022764be5d1ae204c4856ea1b

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SKurj said:

My biggest issue with it is when making ships on demand for other players.  If i build the ship for someone and it turns out it they didn't get some rng bonus they were hoping for they walk away leaving me with the ship.

Also works the other way. You pay some1 to craft a ship and when its exceptionally good he can keep it and craft a 2nd one for you with bad or no traits.

Never had an issue with RNG crafting, it was far more fun to roll the dice than to just predictably churn out the same thing over and over.

Served the economy well too, people would fork out exponentially more money on a well-crafted ship, while less-than-optimal ships were commonly available and far cheaper, so it worked as both a money sink and provided a cheap (and unavoidable) option.

• Like 1

markets are now already flooded with the old 3/5's as people try and craft better

3/5's and below will likely plummet in price while 4/5 and up will go up alot... but we'll see

Edited by SKurj

6 minutes ago, SKurj said:

markets are now already flooded with the old 3/5's as people try and craft better

3/5's and below will likely plummet in price while 4/5 and up will go up alot... but we'll see

Yeah I see that as as a good thing despite not liking Rng crafting as a whole. 

As Tommy pointed out, and many others, the real problem currently with NA is mods and skillbooks. Some of them are really, really good and not everyone has access to them. It makes those who do have them exponentially stronger than those who do not. It shifts the focus away from skill based play to gear based play. Furthermore, it has made the task of "balancing" combat mechanics almost impossible. While i like the concept of a bit of RNG in our ship crafting....like the new built ins....I completely disagree with 4+5 or 5+5 ships. Unless mods and books are severely nerfed across the board then ships with extra mod slots are going to be at a huge advantage. It's just hard to take this game seriously as anything that might be considered skill based or competitive pvp right now. Maybe it's just me but I like my opponents to have access to the gear I have and know that the reason I win or lose a fight has more to do with skill rather than gear.