Game-Labs Forum

New "Special" Trims

On 1.2.2018 at 6:36 PM, mexicanbatman said:

@Mr Pellew can you actualy use all 5 perm slots? because its purple?

Yes I can use all 5 Perm slots

On 1.2.2018 at 6:32 PM, Slim Jimmerson said:

crafted or note? Is this always the result from a crafted ship or is it RNG too?

Crafted. As I said done nothing special to craft it. Same as every ship

1 minute ago, Rouleur said:

Just total frustrating crap - crafted 5 ships and nothing so far. Estimated odds 1 in 5 but who knows - just unlucky or is none in 5 normal? Just like crafting for blueprints over and over.

Crafted roundabout ten yesterday. To me it seemed as it was 5 outa 10. unless we get numbers this all will be empirical approaches though. Furthermore I fear, if they bring numbers, people will want to see the "drop rate" increased.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Removed from list; 

Pirate/English/French Refit Bonus. 

Those 3 are old regional bonus and have most probably not been readded to the game. If you do however come across a ship with either of the 3, do post it here and i will add them to list again. 
Cheers.

I believe @Banished Privateer found a pirate refit Belle Poule, sold by NPC

Out of four ships I've crafted I've gotten two with Agile or Very Agile. Those were Niagaras. I wonder if the ship rate has an effect on what types of bonus's it can get?

59 minutes ago, Serk said:

I don't want to be the poor guy burning 1 victory mark and all the mats for a shabby Océan...

shabby only appears on NPC captured ships from time to time. 
all crafted ships are superbly classed 3-5 ships (previously known as legendary) and they can only get better if the shipyard had a great day during  construction.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, admin said:

all crafted ships are superbly classed 3-5 ships (previously known as legendary) and they can only get better if the shipyard had a great day during  construction.

How about this ?  Could we buy a multiplier for our RNG crafted ship by choosing to spend, say double, the amount of LH or materials?  For example, say I choose to spend twice the LH to craft one ship that I have all the mats for, then my chances of certain upgrades are multiplied by 1.2 or something like that?  Or conversely, I spend the same number of LH but it costs me twice the number of mats to craft that same ship, and then I get the 1.2 multiplier?

At least we might have more control over crafting something special.  Thoughts?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

On the subject of shabby ships.... Will we ever be able to capture the big boys again?

9 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

How about this ?  Could we buy a multiplier for our RNG crafted ship by choosing to spend, say double, the amount of LH or materials?  For example, say I choose to spend twice the LH to craft one ship that I have all the mats for, then my chances of certain upgrades are multiplied by 1.2 or something like that?  Or conversely, I spend the same number of LH but it costs me twice the number of mats to craft that same ship, and then I get the 1.2 multiplier?

I like this, even if its just a marginal bonus. Just something to give crafting a risk/reward or effort/results type of deal.

Perhaps double the LH to guarantee 1 bonus, but removes the high end "legendary" number of bonuses. So you have the choice to play it safe and get a single maybe good maybe meh bonus, or play high stakes on the no rewards/epic rewards.

I think that's pretty balanced as far as RNG goes.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Not a fan of rng caraft but at least it puts guys like me on the same level as the billionaires (yes actual billionaires) and those in the "clump". None of the changes above would effect those guys or even phase them

Edited by Sea Fox
  • Like 2

Just now, Sea Fox said:

Not a fan of rng caraft but at least it puts guys like me on the same level as the billionaires (yes actual billionaires) and those in the "clump". Not of the changes above would effect those guys

Nothing you do will put billionaires in the same category as the rest. Make crafting RNG so the top 1% can't buy their way to the top, well they already can and that's more on the economy side of things anyway that you're punishing everyone along with crafting for.

3 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Nothing you do will put billionaires in the same category as the rest. Make crafting RNG so the top 1% can't buy their way to the top, well they already can and that's more on the economy side of things anyway that you're punishing everyone along with crafting for.

I can't disagree with that. I would rather be able to use my 50 level crafting ability and my two shipyards to be able make an advantage in PVP that they obtain by gold or clubbing or exploiting their clan or even entire countries as they do the US..... I can only dream

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

I can't disagree with that. I would rather be able to use my 50 level crafting ability and my two shipyards to be able make an advantage in PVP that they obtain by gold or clubbing or exploiting their clan or even entire countries as they do the US..... I can only dream

I believe those should be the important factors of ship crafting, not only RNG.

Heck I'd pop 50 more levels into crafting, keep everything EXACTLY the way it is with the only difference between 50-100 is each level is 1% more chance to get a bonus.

Put it on a runescape level of progression and you have an easy 2-3 years of crafting content, with results that show/

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 4

On 1.2.2018 at 8:14 PM, TommyShelby said:

So basically; We don't know. There are many variables that may, or may not, play a role in this. To get closer to the answer, we will need to gather enough data that we can start analyzing it. 

I love how the devs won't just explain it in the patch notes... now that would really ruin all the fun people have with running resources to spam ships and find out the hard way, wouldn't it?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Flinch said:

Out of four ships I've crafted I've gotten two with Agile or Very Agile. Those were Niagaras. I wonder if the ship rate has an effect on what types of bonus's it can get?

I build 6 ships in Aves... Bellona, BP, Endymion; Trincomalee and 2x Prince.... they all were agile or very agile except for 1 prince that had no trim at all... might have to do with teak wood?

On 1-2-2018 at 4:25 PM, RKY said:

IA fleet captured earlier, you can see boston refit.

3% bonus hp  armor i was told, did not bother to verify but should around that.

ihtdpgb.jpg

it is 4.5 % buff side armor

Edited by Thonys

16 hours ago, admin said:

but but ,

my crafters a specially selected for at least one visit to the library a day, and have coffee with the wife in the evening on the porge before bedtime.....

i have selected only the best ...ship builders and craftsman and ironworkers

with the best morale and spirit  during construction for the fleet

but the ships sink like roman concrete.. :(  orders are not good in the sales department...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also:  max  ship builders (lvl50)

should have 4 port dock spaces more than ranked captains who have the same amount of slots of 20

ship building must give 4 dock places reserved for building ships (the room in docks for the navy ship builder(LVL 50), they have their OWN PLACE)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1