Game-Labs Forum
TommyShelby

Updated Mast Thickness Values

Hey everyone, i'm sure you are all as curious as i am when it comes to the updated values of the different things. 

I have made a spreadsheet in which you can see the old mast thickness values, and the updated values as well ofcourse. 

I will do the same with Carronades (and Cannons if they were changed). 

Cheers. 
Tommy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ifiwNI7ipt231sANGCw8yIWMtpfjq9XmwACLZPE0Kvk/edit?usp=sharing

Edit; Made a new sheet so its less confusing. 

Edited by TommyShelby

Awesome sheet, I'm just surorised by what it shows... We were all sitting here complaining about pvp just being a demasting fest and now they are reducing mast thickness across the board =/  

Those Rubli guys and hachi were already demasting me when I has French rig refit with the old values.. Now it looks like they won't have to bother to just use the gun deck to do it...

Was there some change to mast HP that I missed or am I seeing correctly that despite all of the complaints about 1 broadside dismasts they have indeed made almost every mast easier to penetrate?

37 minutes ago, Bristol Fashion said:

Was there some change to mast HP that I missed or am I seeing correctly that despite all of the complaints about 1 broadside dismasts they have indeed made almost every mast easier to penetrate?

I only checked the Mast HP on a few ships, none of them were changed and so i just assumed that there was no change made at all when it comes to Mast HP. 

If you would like me to check all the ships, i can do so tonight. :)

I about spit my coffee out when I saw this....seriously WTF is the reasoning behind making masts even weaker?! They already were made out of matchsticks and now make them even weaker?

18 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

I only checked the Mast HP on a few ships, none of them were changed and so i just assumed that there was no change made at all when it comes to Mast HP. 

If you would like me to check all the ships, i can do so tonight. :)

Thanks for the offer. I would say only if you are so inclined. I would trust you are correct that if the ones you checked were unchanged the rest probably are as well.

Just now, Blackjack Morgan said:

I about spit my coffee out when I saw this....seriously WTF is the reasoning behind making masts even weaker?! They already were made out of matchsticks and now make them even weaker?

Time to quad stack mast buffs... *sigh*

@admin

Seriously:

The masts of e.g. a Surprise have even been surprisingly weak before that patch!

... not to mention, that the upper sections of a 1st rate's masts "nowadays", seemed to get reduced to splinters by a few hits with 12pds.

Why have you reduced the mast thickness even further?

At least in connection with the rather high accuracy of cannons it doesn't make any sense to me!

Edited by Navalus Magnus

47 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

I believe Admin stated a little while ago that; First we would get Thickness rework (Today's patch) and after that we would get a Cannon Rework (Next Patch). 
(Dont hold me up on this, i just seem to recall reading that).

If so, the Cannon Rework may balance it all out.