Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 15: Tutorial testing and many other things

2 hours ago, Fox Proudfoot said:

Speed changes are just going to make the game more tedious. 

OW speed is (i have heard 170 times faster than instance speed). This turns 7% into... I am not good at math. 

28 minutes ago, William Wade said:

Hello,

What about the pre steam Yacht redeemable? Do I have to redeem it within 30 days and hope that it's never lost?

Yacht is premium content. Its safe forever. All premium content will just be moved to a separate place.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Fox Proudfoot said:

Creating a paid DLC for ingame consumables will not attract new players, it will only discourage existing ones. 

Paid DLCs for consumables existed in MMO games since forever. We also know it will not affect existing ones, as those who do not change nations do not care and those who used all 5-6 forged papers we gave before will gladly pay for changing nations in the future because it gives them the flexibility they want.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox Proudfoot said:

Ow speed is double instance speed. Unless you are talking to relative position on the globe.. then I have no idea

it is not double instance speed.

Speed = Distance/Time. The speedometer you see is adapted for psychological reasons, people think 275 knots speed is not realistic but if we divide it by X - 20 knots suddenly become ok and more realistic (even if it is the same distance/over time)..

So 7% speed is nothing for OW - almost nothing.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TommyShelby said:

Name change is not going to happen until release. too complex. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, admin said:
  • 4th rate Epic Events added to map.
  • Minor changes to crafting and NPC ships.
  • 1 admiralty upgrade added (increasing variety in boarding set ups)
  • 2 new/old¬†upgrades added to crafteable
  • Carronades now penetrate better and their penetrations don't drop so much
  • 1 pood edinorog (formerly 24lb edinorog) rebalanced to more historical parameters.
  • Thickness reduced and rebalanced for higher level vessels - mostly 5th-1st rates
  • Leeway slightly reduced¬†

Discuss

Discuss? What to discuss? Words "some" , "added", "so much" and "reduced" ?

There nothing to discuss, because there no information. Give us digits.

• Like 5

I think selling forge papers is a good thing.. Make them really expensive. Too much spying in the game.   One other suggestion, remove the nation chat and global chat and make them line of sight connection.  This would kill the spying alt accounts to a big degree.  So what I mean is this, say you are in a port and everybody wants to chat in that port them make it line of sight group chat connection and port chat only.  What this means is a player sitting on the other side of the map cant listen to a port chat that is the other side of the map. You have to be in the same port to be able to speak to people there.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, admin said:
  • Thickness reduced and rebalanced for higher level vessels - mostly 5th-1st rates

Any more information? Please

5 minutes ago, Cpt Shadow said:

I think selling forge papers is a good thing.. Make them really expensive. Too much spying in the game.   One other suggestion, remove the nation chat and global chat and make them line of sight connection.  This would kill the spying alt accounts to a big degree.  So what I mean is this, say you are in a port and everybody wants to chat in that port them make it line of sight group chat connection and port chat only.  What this means is a player sitting on the other side of the map cant listen to a port chat that is the other side of the map. You have to be in the same port to be able to speak to people there.  

You know right that alt used for eco/spying someone can delete it and create a new? Rank doesn't matter.

Just now, Raxius said:

i have already bought the game...with the introduction of paid DLC.... i will quit.

Its not like you get better cannons or different ships man, just for nation change^^

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Its not like you get better cannons or different ships man, just for nation change^^

Well, the reason why I left pirates is that Devs f*cked up the nation. Now I see Prussia will get f*cked up by Patch 15. It's not like I change nations out of reason. It's because nations get changed or influenced by Devs that forces me to change. 

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 4

this game isnt world of warcraft it isnt even released how can you explain paid DLC?? there isnt even a UI and you want to sell content??

no, in seriousness with the introduction of paid DLC i will quit. how long before more and more content gets added via paifd DLC.i draw the line with first item

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

Well, the reason why I left pirates is that Devs f*cked up the nation. Now I see Prussia will get f*cked up by Patch 15. It's not like I change nations out of reason. It's because nations get changed or influenced by Devs that forces me to change. 

not realy

Just get over the difficulty and get into diplomacy

• Like 1

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

Well, the reason why I left pirates is that Devs f*cked up the nations. Now I see Prussia will get f*cked up by Patch 15. It's not like I change nations out of reason. It's because nations get changed or influenced by Devs that forces me to change. 

Chill 2 weeks, noone wants defenders to be screened out. They fix it prob soon.

Just now, rediii said:

not realy

Just get over the difficulty and get into diplomacy

"not realy" what? I prefer to remain neutral, Patch 15 ruins it. I am forced into diplomacy in order to survive, maybe let's go further, I am most likely forced to become a vassal of the superior nation with bigger numbers to protect us from extinction and being wiped out by zerg. 

• Like 1

@admin You should really start giving us numbers in patchnotes. Increased, reduced, adjusted etc. means nothing, we need numbers!