Game-Labs Forum
admin

Combat tutorial feedback

When doing the exams there is no info given what I have to do. I did the boarding exam and finished the exam by sinking the enemy due to structure no boarding involved and I passed the exam with succes.

To have a the tooltip like: Engage the enemy and finish the exam through boarding action. would be nice

Edited by z4ys

Tutorials i would want to see:

- Special how to get out of irons

-  How to tack

- Manual sailing of schooner

- How to get out of irons with schooner

- Special boarding tutorial (like vic vs buc) Hold hand the first few rounds and then let the player solve boarding on its own

- compare square riggers and schooner and show advantages and disadvantages

- Different cannons types tutorial

- How to equip a ship tutorial

12 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Does it actually increase your gold and marks and experience? 

@admin @Ink I tried out "surrender" in exams and when you do so you lose the ship selected in port

So I lost my prince :(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

@admin @Ink I tried out "surrender" in exams and when you do so you lose the ship selected in port

This is a bug - if you lost a ship inside tutorial, after leaving it you will lost your active ship. Please make sure to sent F11 report.

6 minutes ago, z4ys said:

LOL!

Ehm... Sorry @z4ys I hope in a refund 

28 minutes ago, z4ys said:

This is UI bug, you do not receive those rewards, they are just shown in combat log, will be fixed

4 minutes ago, Ink said:

This is UI bug, you do not receive those rewards, they are just shown in combat log, will be fixed

Can confirm

Before:

before.jpg.ec4474467b16ba7c13636f439dd7d531.jpg

After:

after.jpg.528d33e0eb7422535c0f4a4eb4565d83.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ink said:

This is a bug - if you lost a ship inside tutorial, after leaving it you will lost your active ship. Please make sure to sent F11 report.

NAB-76051

9 minutes ago, blubasso said:

LOL!

Ehm... Sorry @z4ys I hope in a refund 

Its Ok  we are here to test.

Edited by z4ys

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

NAB-76051

Its Ok  we are here to test.

Well, my active ship atm is the basic cutter, i suggest everyone to switch your active ship to this expendible ship, for the test. In case of messes, you all don’t loose eventually anything...

• Like 1

Bug/ feature found @admin @Ink

If I have a ship selected before I start tutorials and exams all my perks are active during the tutorial/ exams (means i have prepaired + double shot+ control)

If I have no ship slected I dont have any of these perks during the battles

Furthermore if  my selected ship that has repairs I can use them during the tutorials/exams. They are not available when I dont have a ship selected. Repairs dont seem to be lost after the battle is over in case i used them.

Edited by z4ys

I also made a little list before the hotfix:

Gunnery tutorial

• Rename Sector to Aiming line
  • The mission were you need to grape 10 men rework that one or make it so that if you hit 10 men some how make it continuo. I had to complete destroy the to get the mission done
  • Tip say what grape is good for, also for chain
  • Also say something about the aiming time

Sailing

• With the first yard mission make to go to a certain course instead of 30 degrees

Special manouvers

• The yard mission has to go a bit faster

General

• Relocate the Tips, make them bigger and not white a clear colour like red for example so it is better visible
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Bug/ feature found @admin @Ink

If I have a ship selected before I start tutorials and exams all my perks are active during the tutorial/ exams (means i have prepaired + double shot+ control)

If I have no ship slected I dont have any of these perks during the battles

Furthermore if  my selected ship that has repairs I can use them during the tutorials/exams. They are not available when I dont have a ship selected. Repairs dont seem to be lost after the battle is over in case i used them.

new players wont have this of course. 

A  playeris  complaining they were attacked by other players during tutorial...

Player was Franz Ferdinand was sunk by WTF clan players near carlisle...

He says he was doing tutorial in Gustavia, and supposedly some wtf members jumped into a battle at carlisle and sank him...  i don't get it..

Edited by SKurj

Just now, SKurj said:

A  playeris  complaining they were attacked by other players during tutorial...

Player was Franz Ferdinand was sunk by WTF clan players near carlisle...

that is impossible

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pietjenoob said:

that is impossible

just repeating what he was saying in help channel in game, i asked him to bug report it .. he said next time...

Have to agree with every one about moving the text down below to a more focal point folks would be looking at, pluss the darker background of the water/ship will make it more easily read.

There is the one error in the first one some one pointed out.

In the boarding tutorial I would at the end add in how to capture the ship and exchange crew. It doesn't tell you this just tells you to take the goods off the ship.

I would also give a little xp reward for the first time you do each one and maybe a little gold.  At the end of the capture one maybe give them the repairs they capture from the ship.  Don't allow them to capture the ship though.  Since you need the fleet perk for that, but put in that info.  Tell them next time they need the fleet perk and they can take the ship as a prize.

As I posted at the start you need to do a crafting tutorial too, something simple as to send them to another port, set up out post and than buildings.  Once they have the buildings they can craft hull repairs.  Keep it simple and hull repairs every one needs specially new players.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

• In the sailing Tutorial there is a typo, Press (S) everal times, missing the s of several:)
  • The gunnery tutorial lacks definitions of sectors and fire modi as well as information about the ammo types
  • The advanced maneuvers should also explain wind changes, tacking, differnt tyoes of rigs,...
  • The exams have no sign of interaction with the player. They should tell us what to do. Destruction? OK. easy. But I already tried to shoot the rigging off the enemy completely with chain, remove both standing masts with balls as well as the bowsprit by sailing manoeuvrers, reduced rigging below 50% and sink him. Neither completes the challenge.

Last, but not least: Thank you for giving us back the hope about a nice UI and the tutorial itself! 

sorry: copypasted from steam and too late to check how to change bg.color^^

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Ok just notice you do get xp, gold and cm from the missions ok cool so that gives them a little starting to work with too.

It's in the log history but you don't really get it into your pocket. (Look at the top of page 2)

1 hour ago, shaeberle84 said:

What is the aim of endurance? I can just sail away ...

If I kill and loot the first enemy, I still cannot repair, so I just sail away.

Before you always face a rookie brig. Now it's a normal brig. So fight is harder. But yeah description would be nice.