Game-Labs Forum
admin

Combat tutorial feedback

Combat tutorial has been added for testing in patch 15

To start it please press esc and you will see it in options.

Please provide feedback on the tutorial
Please provide ideas on new skills to teach (and how to do it) or new exams and/or challenges.

Just a suggestion for a misison is crafting quest.  Every Capital area has the resources to craft repairs for the most part.  Have the mission ask what you want to learn. Have it set up there first buildings in the capital and than go to the other port that has the other resources and set up outpost and building and craft.  I mean if you haven't put something like that in game that is.  I'll be on after work to check this out and hopefully not break any thing.

7 hours ago, SirAlatriste said:

That's what rookies needed. Prepare for a improve in the amount of online people.

OMG..... where.... are my recruitment papers....:ph34r:

anyway all help... is a plus , let's do this.

Played the gunnery tutorial:

Some feedback:

1. The UI of the tutorial selection is fine imo!

2. The instructions take you through the basics of gunnery - also fine!

3. Chain shoot is not included yet, but i guess you want to teach that in the tutorial "chasing others .."!? - fine!

4. All shooting is without moving the ship: I would recommend to teach that as well (moving ships alongside and in different directions while shooting).

5. Please make for a smoother end, giving feedback like "well done" or somethinig similar.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

13 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Feedback toturial Combat:

20180201125111_1.thumb.jpg.e92f33bf96e5a8dff0e6b19cb402910a.jpg

The ship is placed on the portside but the first instruction is to look at from the starboard side away from the ship. The first intention of the player will be to look towards the enemy ship. Furthermore people that have no idea of nautial terms will not know what direction starboard or port side means. Maybe do it like this:

Click right mouse looking towardsfrom the left side to the right side of the ship (starboard) to enter firing mode

20180201125020_1.thumb.jpg.006fa4a2552617f7cc4e2c87b7b144eb.jpg

Is Id: 0: and Id: 1. just a error? will it be fixed an go away?

Make steam achievments for the tutorial to make sure people do it. Everyone wants to collect achievments

An other thing. After i did the combat tutorial and startet it again. My sector was set to 100m so it was hard to hit the enemy ship. People that may have done ow battles first and pressed the the sector key may not know how to change it back because its explained at the end of the tutorial.

Maybe game should force the locked sector when tutorial starts.

There is no key to end the tutorial before its over. Surrender is not self explaining.

Edited by z4ys

Sailing tutorial:

The attention is in the bottom left and right corner while help tips are showen in white font in the upper middel. I miss most of the tips due that they are hard to see and my view wasnt focused on that part

20180201132121_1.thumb.jpg.8276f355c18e43a824ba5e1a8ee6079e.jpg

Edited by z4ys

Sailing tutorial yards:

At the end of the tutorial new player learns to get out of irons. But in my opinion it should be made much more clearer that this maneuver is used to get out of irons

maybe make it a speical tutorial that you can unlock when basic yard sailing is done.

Edited by z4ys

20180201134354_1.thumb.jpg.d9c4323191d8e6913e7d4fdfe49d7114.jpg

An other tip could be that chain lose effectivity over range.

Furthermoe the enemy has 73% sails left while having no visual sail dmg (bug)

And what @Dokit said during boarding you almost dont notice the tips

Edited by z4ys

1) Every time i finish a tutorial, windows closed and i find myself on port, it should be better that i stay on the tutorial and go out when i wish.

2) In the sail tutorial i read “turn 30 degrees left/right”, but the compass has just some degrees written in it. You should not belive that new user make calculations without a full degree written compass... And it miss the change of Auto and Manual sail. The new user should be advised that we have 2 kind of sailing but not in tipps, over the screen, in the popup where there the istructions are. Should be very clear, without doubts, that we have 2 kind of sail.

3) In the sailing tutorial, the second one, i pushed E, my ship did 360 degrees circle, but nothing else happened: i go on to sail with no further istructions.

Those are what atm i found out, i didn’t finish the whole tutorial.

Edited by blubasso

39 minutes ago, Dokit said:

Is that ok that i get money and combatmarks for that???

Could you please clarify, did you actually get the rewards or you checked it via combat log?

2 minutes ago, blubasso said:

3) In the sailing tutorial, the second one, i pushed E, my ship did 360 degrees circle, but nothing else happened: i go on to sail with no further istructions.

Those are what atm i found out, i didn’t finish the whole tutorial.

have do press E till max yard postion was reached?

1 minute ago, Ink said:

Could you please clarify, did you actually get the rewards or you checked it via combat log?

Yes we are getting gold and CM +xp

1 minute ago, blubasso said:

Please try to double click on E right away (and other similar tasks in the chapter) - this workaround should help you

9 minutes ago, z4ys said:

have do press E till max yard postion was reached?

Yes i did. Two times, just to be sure i have understood the istructions

Edited by blubasso