Game-Labs Forum
Slim Jimmerson

Your Ideal Naval Action

True depth under keel, that changes with ladening, so that my ship can go where it's draft and ladening will let it. Two examples. I should be able to take my gunboat, cutter or lynx where other deeper draft ships simply cannot go and be able to take the gunboat where even the cutter and lynx cannot go to be able to access bays, inlets and estuaries that are at present being wasted. Or I'm in an LGV being chased and I throw my guns and or cargo overboard I can lighten the ship so it draws less water and can cross the Bahamas. This is historically correct as many ships bound Boston to New Orleans, if in ballast, would short cut across the Bahamas to save sailing time when, if laden, they could not.

Fair sailing and have a great day. 

remove all upgrades, only wood can give speed/thick bonus: fir speed - LO tank. stop - player must win with skill, not gear...

only 1 tank upgrd like cartagena but with speed penalty, only marines , NO SPEED UPGRADES (i must to be clear on this, also copper plating...nothing!): vanilla LO ship will be the best choice for tank, fir ship for speed.

storm minigame : hurricane istance as Age of Pirates - storm battle - storm seasons (1 game week with bad weather in half or all the map...reduced visibility, increased ''hurricane istance'' not necessairly with hurricane always...just heavy wind in random small area)

exploration by treasure hunt: find bottles with clues starting a quest for something valuable, maybe 1 clue say to you to go to an anemy port with smuggler flag and search for other news regarding this quest (like Potbs but without 1st person game, just a virtual ''tavern'' where you can find ''new of the region'' (middle caribbean, east caribbean, west an so on...)

anyway, this will be another useless post cause admin will never read it

Make a model where things are accesible for the average player. Like combat - losses - wins etc. If I loose a ship, I dont want to spend a week to have a new one. It was much better balanced in 2016. Also many more where playing the game. There is a connection IMHO.

We need more sense of a world, the issue with the game starts with how the world itself feels empty. Yes it should be large, yes it should take time to sail but we need more dyanmic content to drive people to the sea other than just pvping. 

The epics were a good start but we need more.

22 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

The world should embrace our culture, language and traditions.

My ideal naval action is where Horatio tells us his ingame actual nickname.

Edited by victor

41 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

The world should embrace our culture, language and traditions.

Precisely what makes this world wonderful and unique is the diversity of cultures, languages and traditions. If we were all like you, you would not have anyone to insult. :P