Game-Labs Forum

JonnyH13's Mod Alpha 2 (Defunct!)

JonnyH13

18 minutes ago, cairnsy44 said:

Looking forward to this one as it becomes finalized!

Thank you for working on it.

I am also waiting for the mod ... currently playing as the CSA with this version w/o the perks..... want to wait for the weapons balance and the perks to update again.... thanks

This is looking to be good:- Loving some of the perk changes, some make your men almost like f1 cars. For the weapon changes it feels a tad weird that they will perform the same-ish 

P.s Is it possible to mod career point modifiers like politics/economics? Could be worth buffing some of the less useful ones (looking at you logistics) and making politics less of the epic standard it is.

The bonus per point of the career modifiers can be changed but at this point it's not possible to add a new bonus. In some situations the existing modifiers could be applied to a different in game calculation to give them an additional bonus.

Politics is strong but depending on play style other options are higher priority for me.

One of the main issues with modding right now is my inability to read or edit Unity AnimationCurves.  Or more specifically how damage falls off with range for each weapon.  All weapons have different Damage Degradation as it is called and I need to test every, single, weapon, in order to ensure they are all properly balanced.  

Perks will of course be readjusted as we (pandakraut and I, I need to credit him on the OP), discovered how to edit a whole lot more stuff than what I originally had in mind.  

Here is a Teaser.  Enjoy:Teaser.thumb.png.66306a3e972117cb4fd00a557bfcc4e0.png

Teaser2.thumb.png.327da2001fa3acb68d095f3349e6cdb0.png

There will of course be more reasonable limits later but this is meant to show what we can do.

On 4/9/2018 at 7:05 AM, saintpietro said:

Very well done, Sir. 

Could you please kindly enlighten us how you mod the skill perks, I'm keen to find out the parameter to control each skills 

I would recommend this guide to understanding how hex editing works.  I do not really have a lot of time to explain how to do it in detail though.  

Just finished my CSA run through with the perks. Admittedly I feel that speed will need a nerf - my linemen were running faster than some cavalry at the end. However it did make for some amazing charges in the end I had 200k Men lost for 750K kills and 160K Captured.

Not bad at all.

I have to admit that I prefer your perks to the originals - as a heavy user of line infantry I felt that it buffed them tremendously.

That said for the Artillery admittedly I really loved the 100% speed increase - it felt so much more useful than the extra damage as I found that they could at least follow my troops. I felt artillery had the most balanced perk choices.

Corp Commander. 1st promotion bonuses were pretty good and balanced, 2nd promotion - always took cav for the 50% speed on all units and then 3rd perk choices was balanced again

I admit I shied away from cav and skirmishers since Line charges were broken. So I can't really comment on the balance of their perks.

If I've learned one thing the CSA could of won if they had Usain Bolt's in their line infantry.

Edited by Zenneh

Hi Johnny, I am a little confused..... I have installed the first version on the mod and it works great... Now I am trying to installed the perks, but somehow, it seems I am doing something wrong or it is just not copying correctly as I do not see any new perks. On my current game, I have a cdr that I can promote, but the perks are just the same old one, not new ones as it showns on your pictures. Do I need to start a new game? I overwrote the assets file as you instructed, then downloaded the second. Now the new version has a (1) next to the file. I copied just like that, no change... I removed both files, installed the first version and then the second via overwrite still no new perks.

Thanks

The perks and the weapons are right now mutually exclusive as I need to combine both of them together.  And even then it is very unbalanced and I cannot guarantee a good experience.  

Also the Perk UI doesnt show and changes but the in game effects are there.  You need to read the OP to know what perk does what.