Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
rosebud2

Ideas for improvement

Recommended Posts

Let me begin by saying this is a good game as is. If the only thing that changed were the player base, many of my following comment would be moot. There are however some small changes that I believe would help make it better.

1) Start closer to the enemy and your own team.

    Currently if you start at the back of the pack it takes you 5 minutes just to get close enough to fire a broadside. Add this to the long wait to start a combat mission and you have a player waiting 10 minutes. This may not seem like a long time, but in gaming minutes it's an eternity.

2) Lack of choices in both modules and officers.

    I am not disappointed with the current system, as much as wondering why it can't be more like the NA system? I just feel it could use some more or better choices. Once I crew my ship with an Gunnery, Turning and Marine officer the remaining slots are all pretty much worthless. As for modules they fall into the same category, as many are not worth having. This would change if sail damage became a greater concern.

3) Premium ships need to come fully ground.

   At present a premium ship differs from a regular ship so slightly that the extra hoop the player has to jump through to get it is silly. Just put them on the regular list, don't make me play for three weekends to find out I have to unlock the slots. If you're going to have special ships, I say make them special.

4) Bow and stern chaser aiming.

    For the life of me I can't figure out where the chaser shot is going. It would seem that there is a glitch that forces you to aim as if your firing a broadside, when the game has placed the guns on a different plain. This is true of both NA and NAL games.

5) Boarding

    Sadly still not there. I know this is an area you have been looking at and I anticipate your solution. There are some fine ideas that have already been forwarded. It is a very important part of the game, it was a game breaker for POTBS.

6) More maps.

     I know this will be rectified, I just had to add it as it is currently quite dull playing the same map with the same wind, game after game.

7) BOTS

    If they remain, could they stop; 

                                                            1) Running broadside to broadside with another BOT off the map?

                                                            2) Firing through me?

                                                             3) Avoiding combat?

                                                             4) Making every collision worse by dropping they sails?

                                                             5) Activating the circle?

                                                             6) Being 90% prepared and loaded with marines seconds before they would even know a boarding situation will arise?

I understand that certain gifts must be imparted upon the NPC's so that they can be competitive. I would like to see some variety though. Some should be heavily armed, some better at turning, some set up to grapple. If their going to stay and I believe they will, they require some real work.  

  

Edited by rosebud2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, rosebud2 said:

Let me begin by saying this is a good game as is. If the only thing that changed were the player base, many of my following comment would be moot. There are however some small changes that I believe would help make it better.

1) Start closer to the enemy and your own team.

    Currently if you start at the back of the pack it takes you 5 minutes just to get close enough to fire a broadside. Add this to the long wait to start a combat mission and you have a player waiting 10 minutes. This may not seem like a long time, but in gaming minutes it's an eternity.

Starting distance for me is fine. On the larger vessels its needed. On the non-frigates then yes maybe a closer start.

 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, rosebud2 said:

2) Lack of choices in both modules and officers.

    I am not disappointed with the current system, as much as wondering why it can't be more like the NA system? I just feel it could use some more or better choices. Once I crew my ship with an Gunnery, Turning and Marine officer the remaining slots are all pretty much worthless. As for modules they fall into the same category, as many are not worth having. This would change if sail damage became a greater concern.

Marine Office is one of the best officers to have. Agree though on choice. I’d like to see a “Press-Gang” officer where upon winning a boarding action you receive 25% bump in crew.

 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, rosebud2 said:

3) Premium ships need to come fully ground.

   At present a premium ship differs from a regular ship so slightly that the extra hoop the player has to jump through to get it is silly. Just put them on the regular list, don't make me play for three weekends to find out I have to unlock the slots. If you're going to have special ships, I say make them special.


no opinion

 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, rosebud2 said:

4) Bow and stern chaser aiming.

    For the life of me I can't figure out where the chaser shot is going. It would seem that there is a glitch that forces you to aim as if your firing a broadside, when the game has placed the guns on a different plain. This is true of both NA and NAL games.

I’ve noticed this. I only use Carros for grapping otherwise its simply not worth it. The Trinc needed the bigger longs to make the chain work well

 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, rosebud2 said:

5) Boarding

    Sadly still not there. I know this is an area you have been looking at and I anticipate your solution. There are some fine ideas that have already been forwarded. It is a very important part of the game, it was a game breaker for POTBS.

I really like the boarding. Probably the only one that does.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, rosebud2 said:

6) More maps.

     I know this will be rectified, I just had to add it as it is currently quite dull playing the same map with the same wind, game after game.

Agreed, would like PORT battles added here also

 

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, rosebud2 said:

7) BOTS

    If they remain, could they stop; 

                                                            1) Running broadside to broadside with another BOT off the map?

                                                            2) Firing through me?

                                                             3) Avoiding combat?

                                                             4) Making every collision worse by dropping they sails?

                                                             5) Activating the circle?

                                                             6) Being 90% prepared and loaded with marines seconds before they would even know a boarding situation will arise?

I understand that certain gifts must be imparted upon the NPC's so that they can be competitive. I would like to see some variety though. Some should be heavily armed, some better at turning, some set up to grapple. If their going to stay and I believe they will, they require some real work.  

  

Lol agree on all BOT points....

 

 

Norfolk.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×