Game-Labs Forum

Throw the solo players a bone

I realize I am a solo player in an MMO game but I am not the only solo player here. solo players are in it for the Long Haul. The problem with a big groups coming into the game together is, that same big group will leave the game together. This does not happen with a solo player. I enjoy more freedom than any clan member (with the exception of clan leaders or those in the "Clump") the game is fun for me I have all the liberties and no responsibilities.

Since I am a solo player in an MMO game I would like a Little Help from the devs

As a solo player I have found fleet ships have been good asset, could definitely be better!

Fleet ships need to be fixed

The rear Admiral I give up a lot of perk points to be able to have two ships in Fleet. Without charge shot and other advantages I rely on the fleet ships. Also without a sailing partner I rely on the fleet ships

* fix fleets to do what I say. They rarely do as ordered. it's bad enough they sail like they're drunk but I say to destroy they fire chain?? 

* make grapeshot an optional command

* make boarding an optional command

* have crafted mods be able to alter the Fleet ships

* bring back end of battle Towing. Was an awesome feature that is greatly missed. If I already have two ships in  fleet and capture ship I would like to have the choice to put that ship in my fleet or send it back to base. I would still be in the ocean and still be vulnerable for PVP so I don't see this as being detrimental to that.

* switching ships at battles end and being able to setup my unlocked skills on that ship in battle screen

b53817e42aef8f05141a4018527babfd1733384ced33fb9f97a8a6378c3318ac.jpg

• Like 8

All nice propositions, especially the inclusion of damage to crew with grape and boarding. 

Cannot support the towing. That denies a recapture if needed.

One of the aspects I like the most, as trade raider ( or did before true trade wars were removed ), is to bring back the prize to a safe haven and be open to a recapture. Very age of sail and true to form to many statistics, in which more than half captures were actually recaptured in some cases.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Sail around in my big fat Agamemnon looking for other players. 
Or in a nice lil 5th rate, or in an even bigger and fatter 2nd rate. :D

Oh no, I get that.  I sail solo almost exclusively.

I'm wondering what he's doing sailing solo, because everything he's suggesting seems to belong to a bizzarro-land of "Make sailing solo easy."

• Like 3

Except, even that isn't quite the case.  It's not quite "make sailing solo easy."  It's "make my particular style of sailing solo easy."  Which I'm only guessing at, because many of the things he suggests tie into things that I just cannot fathom a solo player doing.  Sailing with fleet ships?  What?  They slow you down, ruin your tag, and make you fodder for any passing pair of players.

I just can't even begin to understand how he's playing where these suggestions make sense taken as a whole.  So, I want to know.

• Like 1

Just now, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Oh no, I get that.  I sail solo almost exclusively.

I'm wondering what he's doing sailing solo, because everything he's suggesting seems to belong to a bizzarro-land of "Make sailing solo easy."

Partly it seems to me he just wants more control over the fleet ships when in battle. I hate fleet ships but at the same time, if they are in the game they might as well be done properly. 

And the "Fleet Tow" thing after battle, i wouldn't mind personally. I've only been a few days and i still absolutely despise the fact that if i go hunting, i better have 3-5 hours available.
(If i get caught by an enemy, and then manage to escape, he can just keep tagging me till i give up because i have real life stuff to do.) 
It really sucks, escaping an enemy fleet only to be tagged again when you get out. Then escape again, get tagged again. Over and over till i either run out of repairs or simply turn around in a suicide mission because i need to sleep, make dinner, feed the children, go to work/school or whatever else it might be. 

So being able to, at the very least, send a captured ship or a fleet ship back to port after a battle wouldn't be a bad thing in my mind. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Except, even that isn't quite the case.  It's not quite "make sailing solo easy."  It's "make my particular style of sailing solo easy."  Which I'm only guessing at, because many of the things he suggests tie into things that I just cannot fathom a solo player doing.  Sailing with fleet ships?  What?  They slow you down, ruin your tag, and make you fodder for any passing pair of players.

I just can't even begin to understand how he's playing where these suggestions make sense taken as a whole.  So, I want to know.

I seem to be able to tag just fine my fleet ships are mostly defensive. I'm saying I would like have something in return for spending all my perk points on fleet ships

A good for instance is I love the Renomee I sail it often but it is more of a support ship than a solo ship... If I get jumped by two or three guys if I command my fleet Mercury's to follow me and chain them then I am assured to get away.. if I am attacking a ship then I can start off with some chains slow them down enough for my Fleet ships to chain them while I repair 

Edited by Sea Fox

12 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

No. I want two WORKING vessels for 4 very expensive perk points

* have crafted mods be able to alter the Fleet ships

* bring back end of battle Towing. Was an awesome feature that is greatly missed. If I already have two ships in  fleet and capture ship I would like to have the choice to put that ship in my fleet or send it back to base. I would still be in the ocean and still be vulnerable for PVP so I don't see this as being detrimental to that.

* switching ships at battles end and being able to setup my unlocked skills on that ship in battle screen

That goes far, far beyond "working" fleet ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

That goes far, far beyond "working" fleet ships.

Not really. AI skill will never be equivalent to player skill. Fleet ships are lost very often. Stupid expensive mods would never be put on fleet ships. I think mostly all the throw away mods that everyone has about 10 each of would be put on them.

And if I am in a Renomee and have two Reno's in Fleet and I am sunken , I would like the opportunity to reappear open world in the same place in one of my two Fleet ships if they survived.... And if so I would like to chance to assign my skill slots to that ship in the battle screen....also if you don't use Fleet ships what is it to you?

2 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

I forgot to add one

*Individual commands instead of both ships doing the same thing...(they already work independently of one another in free mode)

I think you can do this already ? Choose NPC on left, choose enemy to target, choose order.

Reckon you mean a generic order without selecting any specific target, but I guess that confuses the AI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirAlatriste said:

Towing to port later a battle is unrealistic... People should recapture the ship after battle... 

The other things are nice, of course mate.

I can't argue with that. But if one goes about PVP ing and comes accross an LGV, there is nothing in that ship making it worth capturing vs sinking it for those aweful PVP marks...that is ALSO unrealistic..

Perhaps the fix would be to temporarily allow one extra fleet ship (only until Port) 

Or get rid of PVP marks and make goods be worth something...not like the categena caulk type stupid expensive mats but just high value goods

5 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

Perhaps the fix would be to temporarily allow one extra fleet ship (only until Port) 

I understand... Maybe like a "towing a ship to port" mode: 80% of the normal velocity due to u are towing a recently captured ship.

10 minutes ago, Sea Fox said:

Or get rid of PVP marks and make goods be worth something...not like the categena caulk type stupid expensive mats but just high value goods

That's totally true.

• Like 1