Game-Labs Forum

In Regards to the Recent Mass Scale Alt Farmings

3 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

When someone is alt farming both avatars should be demoted that are involved in the battle. 

Just a heads up for the devs, just before downtime Bordeaux (a mid level French ship captain) managed to "kill" 3 people at 2 different ports within 5 minutes....

It just isn't possible to do that, 2 at one port and 1 at 2nd (Aves and Tumbado ).

Demote All the alts and main ava's involved, people are just using alts to get the kills so doesn't matter a hoot if the low rank alt gets punished.

well: it ends up in the steam reviews at some point.

and that's not going to be good for the game or income,or us players in game. 

so it will be a priority in the future (or right now)

perhaps a dev can say something about it ,(to prevent a collision on steam, by users )

it would not only be great to hear from them in this subject (,before the rope snaps, and hell break loose overthere(steam)) , but some transparent statement would be useful for us players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thonys said:

well: it ends up in the steam reviews at some point.

and that's not going to be good for the game or income,or us players in game. 

so it will be a priority in the future (or right now)

perhaps a dev can say something about it ,(to prevent a collision on steam, by users )

it would not only be great to hear from them in this subject (,before the rope snaps, and hell break loose overthere(steam)) , but some transparent statement would be useful for us players.

I guess with PvP marks being worth so much atm is bound to happen, but demoting the alt and not the other avatar involved in battles makes no sense.  People will just use low rank alts to hoover up the PvP marks with little to no risk to main avatar. At least if you demote all ava's involved it becomes somewhat harder to re-stage battles etc if main ava/2nd/3rd alt are also affected.

Not sure the devs will be able to stop farming totally, but people knowing the lower rank alt will get all the punishment isn't really a problem to those doing it. Needs to be all ava's involved in staged battles demoted.

PS: it was within 10 minutes, guess could all be trade ships but still would be next to impossible to achieve imo.

Edited by Dibbler

1 minute ago, Dibbler said:

I guess with PvP marks being worth so much atm is bound to happen, but demoting the alt and not the other avatar involved in battles makes no sense.  People will just use low rank alts to hoover up the PvP marks with little to no risk to main avatar. At least if you demote all ava's involved it becomes somewhat harder to re-stage battles etc if main ava/2nd/3rd alt are also affected.

well it is a issue that has to be resolved by the devs, i do not have the answer also ,only what i stated

we just have to see what the developers come up with:

i hope that will come fast , before hell breaks loose, i hear the community building up steam already, so the time to erupt is nearer than we all think.

On 1/29/2018 at 2:51 AM, Sureshot said:

Yeah, I agree with everyone here saying to get rid of PvP marks altogether. They do nothing but cause problems.

That's the reason why they will not removed. You should have learned how things go in this game: everybody agree on some change .... no way. A mechanic is working (or only a few complain) ... change it.

Edited by victor

3 minutes ago, Thonys said:

well it is a issue that has to be resolved by the devs, i do not have the answer also ,only what i stated

we just have to see what the developers come up with:

i hope that will come fast , before hell breaks loose, i hear the community building up steam already, so the time to erupt is nearer than we all think.

Well as far as i'm concerned is all magic beans anyway (pixels),  but does stick in throat a bit when you get PvP marks as you can  within the games spirit.

How to totally prevent pvp marks farming:

1. Calculate very very much average ship and fittings cost. Base on market values for resources. (Price of the NPC is ships very smal).

2. Calculate average PVP mark price on the basis of the market.

3. Devide 1/2/K, where K is determined by developers coefficient of a conclusion of resources from a game. Result is number of marks dropped.

No more alt marks farmers,because it isn't favorable to spend time on it any more. Terror newbies on cheap ships too.

well call me a racist , or an idiot 

but foul play and honesty are different things 

11 minutes ago, victor said:

That's the reason why they will not removed. You should have learned how things go in this game: everybody agree on some change .... no way. A mechanic is working (or only a few complain) ... change it.

what shall i learn >> cheating  ? , or what..... i don't understand.

8 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

Well as far as i'm concerned is all magic beans anyway (pixels),  but does stick in throat a bit when you get PvP marks as you can  within the games spirit.

well if it is all pixels ,give me a black and white screen only , just  to choose sides...and go meditate 

just dont give up .

Edited by Thonys

Perhaps a solution to all this would be to award PvP marks ONLY in port battles, making them a RvR reward for sinking enemy within a port battle.

Would encourage more activity to defend/attack ports, and would instantly stop all this alt farming in one hammerblow.

This way even nations out of reach of the top 3 positions for the Vic marks would be able to get something not available outside RvR. 

Not something that would benefit myself doing this, but it would stop all this in one easy move.

Edited by Dibbler

Just now, Thonys said:

well call me a racist , or an idiot 

but foul play and honesty are different things 

what shall i learn >> cheating  ? , or what..... i don't understand.

You should have learned that when on this forum you - and a lot of people - ask for a reasonable thing (like eliminating PVP marks) Devs will not listen.

For the rest - basically - it's up to you deciding if you are racist, idiot or simply so touchy that you see a criticism where people wants to support your view..

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, victor said:

You should have learned that when on this forum you - and a lot of people - ask a reasonable thing (like eliminating PVP marks) Devs will not listen.

So basically It's up to you deciding if you are racist, idiot or simply so touchy that you read a criticism where people want to support your postition.

i hear  jeh

just getting things straight ..it s not personal..

back to subject :)

9 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

But many of us have no interest in RvR. :D

I love brainstorms :)

true :

if you are not in RvR,  a other solution to access those admiralty stuff is another goal the defs have to come up with.

the community (gamers) , came up with cheating, so now players needs something different also  i think . 

[tip.:  we still have the unallocated sailing xp] what does do nothing for us ( honest sailors) atm

Edited by Thonys

So when these players get busted, are they getting just their rank busted and nothing else?  Hopefully they are getting 100% of their assets seized by Admiralty, and if not they certainly should be.  Ships, gold, resources, outposts, everything.  If you knew getting caught meant you would be busted back to Day One with nothing but a basic cutter and lowest rank, maybe it wouldn't be worth it then?  I don't think they get assets seized though, do they?

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 2