Game-Labs Forum

How do I get bigger ships in battle mode?

Villars

Question

I am happy to say I signed up for Naval Action and am very impressed. 

However, in pure battle mode, I do not understand how I can get bigger ships. How do I get gold?

I have sailed in the open world and earned 25,000 gold from attacking a ship. But that did not transfer into the battle mode for some reason.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

3 ways to get ships:

1. capture them vom NPCs or Players by boarding them (at the moment you can only capture 7th - 5th rates from NPCs, every ship from players)

2. craft them

3. Buy them ... to be honest the easiest way for beginners

I dont understand your question about earning gold, but yes, you get gold for sinking enemy ships ...

3 hours ago, Villars said:

I am happy to say I signed up for Naval Action and am very impressed. 

However, in pure battle mode, I do not understand how I can get bigger ships. How do I get gold?

I have sailed in the open world and earned 25,000 gold from attacking a ship. But that did not transfer into the battle mode for some reason.

Thanks!

In addition to the previous answer, note that to effectively captain a bigger ship, you need more crew which you can buy when you are a higher rank. Check out navalactionwiki.com for details on player ranks and ships.

I'm not sure what you mean by pure battle mode. A combat instance is started from open water by either you clicking on an enemy and clicking "Attack" or him doing the same to you. If you are victorious, you win gold. If you're talking about the fleet practice room, no gold is awarded there and you sail in your own ship. You can "capture" ships by boarding in this fleet practice but you don't get to keep them.

Welcome to the game. 

Edited by Farrago