Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blubasso

Mutiny.

Hello, here i am with my noob questions.

Ready, steady, go: what happened if i’d decided ingame to stay longer on open sea (i mean stay very long time away from the game)? I mean very long time, doing nothing or very few? Sailors in this game doesn’t need to eat, drink and... well... do those stuffs that a man do after long time at sea... ;) 

Should be maybe interesting to add Mutiny? Just as a very rare event, even rarest on Navy ships, because of discipline on board. In this case (this is a morale stuffs), losing too many battles, doing nothing for long time and so on it could drive onto a Mutiny. In this case, players do a small minigame, to try to regain command. If he loose it, he loose his ship with all stuffs on board and he will be teleporting at his home port, like a normal lost battle.

Of course, i repeat, this will be a very rare events, but it could push players to try to win every battles with an incentive to be better and better. 

On a PvP server, ppl are familiar to fight, and those were difficult times. 

Edited by blubasso

8 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

What about the poor fisherman though?

You couldn’t stay too long at sea: fish start to rotten and in all my life i nevew heard about a mutiny fishing crew :)

No, seriously: do you want to stay a whole week (or 2 or 3) at sea, fishing? I saw for the economy of game it doesn’t worth: i fished a little and a lot of ports don’t accept fish or pay extremely low prices

Edited by blubasso

Well fishing trips used to go on for a lot longer than two weeks. From the salt you collect you can preserve them :)

The best fish are further out so go into open ocean and you'll catch the more valuable ones. In some ports you can sell fish for 100 apiece and take no effort whatsoever to get.

some games add negative debuffs for long stay at seas (like dirty decks, or sickness outbreaks or rats or random fires). We played with this idea on the design stage but decided against them due to pvp nature of the game and some historical considerations. 

• Majority of combat ships were well fitted for 6 months journeys and had lime juice, repairs, food for such long journey;  and in game you are rarely at sea for 6 months. 
  • Second consideration is pvp component - the hunt for targets is usually long and you will not be happy to get a mutiny and sickness outbreak just before you are attacked. It will feel random and unfair. 

18 minutes ago, admin said:

some games add negative debuffs for long stay at seas (like dirty decks, or sickness outbreaks or rats or random fires). We played with this idea on the design stage but decided against them due to pvp nature of the game and some historical considerations. 

• Majority of combat ships were well fitted for 6 months journeys and had lime juice, repairs, food for such long journey;  and in game you are rarely at sea for 6 months. 
  • Second consideration is pvp component - the hunt for targets is usually long and you will not be happy to get a mutiny and sickness outbreak just before you are attacked. It will feel random and unfair. 

I see.

And as an Event for all, like “Hunt for Red October”, the movie? “The crew of a 1 rang (2 rang or whatsoever) is mutiny and a is free hunt for all. We don’t know the exact location, last time the ship was seen in... Whoever sinks this ship has a special prize”. Something like this? So many commander should hunt the ship, but due to PvP nature of this game and the fact that the the prize is just for one commander, should drive into a big battle among commanders.

It’s just an idea, eh, it could be as stupid as the owner (me, in this case) ;) 

Edited by blubasso

24 minutes ago, admin said:

It will feel random and unfair. 

Because, everything else is really fair, in game...othewise.

Another thing that could have been added would be experience for crew. Now all XP is linked/locked to the captain(player), but certain things such as sail handling, gun reload and aim, could be linked to crew instead, a buff that could increase with fighting, and deplete with loss of crew - making heavy losses hurt quite a bit as it would be replaced with "green" crew

19 minutes ago, dagdriver said:

Another thing that could have been added would be experience for crew. Now all XP is linked/locked to the captain(player), but certain things such as sail handling, gun reload and aim, could be linked to crew instead, a buff that could increase with fighting, and deplete with loss of crew - making heavy losses hurt quite a bit as it would be replaced with "green" crew

Well, there would be IMO too much RPG elements and this game is not RPG oriented. But i am just a player, i don’t decide anything ;)

1 hour ago, blubasso said:

I see.

And as an Event for all, like “Hunt for Red October”, the movie? “The crew of a 1 rang (2 rang or whatsoever) is mutiny and a is free hunt for all. We don’t know the exact location, last time the ship was seen in... Whoever sinks this ship has a special prize”. Something like this? So many commander should hunt the ship, but due to PvP nature of this game and the fact that the the prize is just for one commander, should drive into a big battle among commanders.

It’s just an idea, eh, it could be as stupid as the owner (me, in this case) ;) 

Maybe have an event/mission that pops up.  Hunt certain ship down cause it is on the run after a mutiny would work.  I can see doing quest and missions, but not effecting player ships.

I'm kinda still waithing for the Named NPC ships that where suppose to hunt us or be harder to kill to happen as just more content.  Not sure about them tagging and joining, but folks forget this is not a PvP only server.  The severs should actually be listed as PvP/PvE and PvE only.   We have never had a PvP only server.