Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix for patch 14.

3 minutes ago, amplify said:

lol wasa uses 4th rate mods which are better than the lineship mods this ends up being stronger against 3d rates and bellona's

this will stay until release. as reclassing the ship requires a ship wipe. maybe we will find the way to reclassify it without removing that ship's upgrades.

Just now, z4ys said:

Why not both at the same time? why step by step? I mean that are conetcted issues.Why make things worse by doing it step by step?

lol, whenever they do it all at the same time, we complain about them doing too much and unbalancing it because of that.
Do it step by step and will get a good result.

I have to agree with rediii (i terms of BR)

12 minutes ago, admin said:

that is a cannon problem and it will be addressed later as we discussed some time ago on this forum with @rediii

penetration of guns will be improved especially at short ranges (very soon). Carronades will be buffed as well

At the same time would have been better to be honest. You know emotions get realy high in RvR and today is a important day for russia and sweden.

So firstrates in liveoak now sail with around 106cm thickness compared to 101cm thickness before and even with 101cm it was stupid already.

Not looking foward to todays portbattles to be honest. I was until this patchnotes

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, rediii said:

You dont even need liveoak atm. Ships are not even realy penable with teak whiteoak and 2 thickness mods.

Dont want to complain but wasa BR is wrong with 380. Its the same like 3rd rate now and a Bellona is way better than a wasa.

330 or something like that would have been better.

Are you sure?

Wasa has better turn rate and a lot of front and stern chasers. A Wasa can defeat a Bellona.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Are you sure?

Wasa has better turn rate and a lot of front and stern chasers. A Wasa can defeat a Bellona.

BR is about fighting in fleets not about solopvp

A wasa also defeats a first but shouldnt have more BR

9 minutes ago, rediii said:

At the same time would have been better to be honest. You know emotions get realy high in RvR and today is a important day for russia and sweden.

So firstrates in liveoak now sail with around 106cm thickness compared to 101cm thickness before and even with 101cm it was stupid already.

overall thickness is not the live oak problem - its the problem of overall thickness for all vessels. this is going to change with hp and thickness rebalance for all vessels

• Like 9

1 minute ago, rediii said:

BR is about fighting in fleets not about solopvp

A wasa also defeats a first but shouldnt have more BR

So we need solo and Grp br?

23 minutes ago, admin said:

Carronades will be buffed as well

As long as we don't go back to carro-noob frigates that hug SoL  while being intouchable because of low profile I'm fine with that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, admin said:

overall thickness is not the live oak problem - its the problem of overall thickness for all vessels. this is going to change with hp and thickness rebalance for all vessels

Please correct me if im wrong... but to this day, i thougt we have a cap of +25% on thickness as well as repairs too? If not, which values are capped and which are not?

• Like 2

Just now, admin said:

please, the gap between thickness of ships of the line has to be lowered.

Bucentaure has 74cm as base. First rates has 80cm. My proposal is 76 instead of 80.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Live oak and Caguarian woods has received a bonus to mast thickness - 5%
  • Live oak has been buffed both in HP and thickness
  • Caguarian HP was buffed

Please also consider nerfing fir/fir mast thickness by -3% and bermuda by -1.5%. Thank you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Please do this rebalance as soon as possible, because right now the imbalance even increased!

This might again lead to decreasing numbers of players - the longer it stays this way the fewer will probably play 😕

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, admin said:

100% agree, but please change it soon and not in 3 months

Feel free to watch how first rates cant kill each other at todays PB at Santa Marta (21.30 server time)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

100% agree, but please change it soon and not in 3 months

Feel free to watch how first rates cant kill each other at todays PB at Santa Marta (21.30 server time)

New mod has been added. *Ram* as long cannons can't pen because of doing thickness buff before cannon rework. Time for an assassin creed black flag pb party. full ramming speed ahead. :D

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Some nice changes, some - let's say: whuuuut??

23 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Wasa has more firepower than 3rd rate and 3rd rates BR is 400

Nope 3rd has the same armament as Bellona now methinks. 3rds have more HP, Thickness, Mastthickness. Wasa can be sailed solo, 3rds are more for fleets actions imo.

@admin can u comment on the stats shown in your sheet regarding e.g. Barricades: ingame a melee and firepower bonus is shown, your stats tell one it is a defensive bonus only (well its somehow obvious as it is barricades). Could this please be outlined a bit clearer ingame.

Furthermore the spreadsheet shows 3% speed for navy hull refit. It's 0.025 now.

One more question: after some k hours ingame I still don't get what ladders melee penalty reduction means. My imagined picture is: got ladders instead of ropes, so "running into open blades" is reduced? So it's it's an offensive mod? Does this effect this difference in height between small and big ships?

CA63D6B85C70B3BE7D481E280616C26C0D005FD6[1].jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

New mod has been added. *Ram* as long cannons can't pen because of doing thickness buff before cannon rework. Time for an assassin creed black flag pb party. full ramming speed ahead. :D

Funny and sad at the same time!

1 minute ago, Palatinose said:

Some nice changes, some - let's say: whuuuut??

Nope 3rd has the same armament as Bellona now methinks. 3rds have more HP, Thickness, Mastthickness. Wasa can be sailed solo, 3rds are more for fleets actions imo.

@admin can u comment on the stats shown in your sheet regarding e.g. Barricades: ingame a melee and firepower bonus is shown, your stats tell one it is a defensive bonus only (well its somehow obvious as it is barricades). Could this please be outlined a bit clearer ingame.

Furthermore the spreadsheet shows 3% speed for navy hull refit. It's 0.025 now.

One more question: after some k hours ingame I still don't get what ladders melee penalty reduction means. My imagined picture is: got ladders instead of ropes, so "running into open blades" is reduced? So it's it's an offensive mod? Does this effect this difference in height between small and big ships?

CA63D6B85C70B3BE7D481E280616C26C0D005FD6[1].jpg

Third rate has the same armament as agamenon.

Third rate is not the same as Bellona.

3rd Rate can only carry 24pd, while Wasa sails around with 32pd LMAO. Wasa has more firepower than 3rd Rate:

Broadside Weight
Cannon Broadside Weight 669pd

Wasa:

Broadside Weight
Cannon Broadside Weight 797 pd

@Palatinose Ladders melee penalty is when you board bigger ships, decreases your boarding power overall.

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Third rate has the same armament as agamenon.

Third rate is not the same as Bellona.

I‘ve heard 3rd rates nowadays carry 32pds and 18pds on thier main two gundecks!?

Could sb verify / falsify please!?

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

Just now, Navalus Magnus said:

I‘ve heard 3rd rates nowadays carry 32pds and 18pds on thier main two gundecks!?

when did they change that?