Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix for patch 14.

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, admin said:

yes! delivery orders should be more similar to elite dangerous/eve where you are given an item by a system or another player and have to deliver his goods. 

One way to keep form exploiting them is to give a chest.  It can be a NPC order or player order but you get a chest not the actual items.  You take that chest (it weighs what the items would weigh) to the new port location and tern it in.  You get paid.  If a player has you deliver it they can than retrieve the chest and open it and it gives them their items/goods they wanted deliver.  Now for the shady folks or if I attack the player running the Delivery missions.  I can either turn the chest into the port it's suppose to be taken to and get the same reward as original player or I can pawn it at a port and get a fraction of it's value.  Thus giving an option if some one doesn't want to risk taking the delivery into hostile waters.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

One way to keep form exploiting them is to give a chest.  It can be a NPC order or player order but you get a chest not the actual items.  You take that chest (it weighs what the items would weigh) to the new port location and tern it in.  You get paid.  If a player has you deliver it they can than retrieve the chest and open it and it gives them their items/goods they wanted deliver.  Now for the shady folks or if I attack the player running the Delivery missions.  I can either turn the chest into the port it's suppose to be taken to and get the same reward as original player or I can pawn it at a port and get a fraction of it's value.  Thus giving an option if some one doesn't want to risk taking the delivery into hostile waters.

Rock solid.. I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, admin said:

yes! delivery orders should be more similar to elite dangerous/eve where you are given an item by a system or another player and have to deliver his goods. 

Please see @Sir Texas Sir 's suggestion here for player-placed and filled delivery contracts:

This is exactly the kind of multifaceted content that will drive people to the OW and hugely increase the reasons for people to both sail and hunt outside of safe zones.  There are some problems to work out in its implementation, however, (e.g. what's to keep people from protecting their goods from capture by putting them in a delivery contract and sailing the chest rather than the goods themselves or with an alt?) but perhaps we could start with a shipment contract board where no goods are actually exchanged initially but where people advertise and place the goods in escrow, with the option to contact the contract holder and either accept or deny the transport of the goods when someone accepts it (imposing a layer of, "Do I trust this person to transport my goods or not," onto the decision)?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, admin said:

yes! delivery orders should be more similar to elite dangerous/eve where you are given an item by a system or another player and have to deliver his goods. 

@admin a bounty board too! Captains only appear on the board based on PVE/PVP hostility towards your nation. This creates another reason to venture out into OW with a group looking for that prime killer you know is hunting your nation. Who doesn't love looking for bounties/bullies?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Wraith said:

Please see @Sir Texas Sir 's suggestion here for player-placed and filled delivery contracts:

This is exactly the kind of multifaceted content that will drive people to the OW and hugely increase the reasons for people to both sail and hunt outside of safe zones.  There are some problems to work out in its implementation, however, (e.g. what's to keep people from protecting their goods from capture by putting them in a delivery contract and sailing the chest rather than the goods themselves or with an alt?) but perhaps we could start with a shipment contract board where no goods are actually exchanged initially but where people advertise and place the goods in escrow, with the option to contact the contract holder and either accept or deny the transport of the goods when someone accepts it (imposing a layer of, "Do I trust this person to transport my goods or not," onto the decision)?

I can see some one doing it with an alt, but you shouldn't be able to claim your own contracts and run them.  The pawn cost should be a fraction of the goods price on market not the reward for delivering the goods.  Though this would work with some type of reputation system too that if you pawn stuff you get bad trade rep (Pirates and such) but if you turn in the trade goods even if your not the one that pulled the mission you increase your trade rep.  Trade rep allows you to go into ports like a smuggler flag for some nation if it's good standing. IF it's bad it doesn't matter flag or not you can't get your trade ship in that nations ports lol  Why would I trade with some one that does nothing but sink ships from my nation?

Like you said the basic concept is there just needs to be tweeked some and looked at more from the devs point of view.

Never played Elite but it's been ages since I played Eve, how did it delivered goods?  I think if I remember right it did something like my chest example?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Develop a player delivery system. I really like Sir Texas Sir's idea. This would add a lot of player content to the game for both servers. Would benefit PVP, RVR and PVE. More players on the OW. More player driven economy. More hunting. More sneaking, hiding and running fast. More escorting. I also like the reputation idea. 

Fair sailing and have a great day.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Delivery missions should also grrant some trading marks. Marks that could be converted into combat marks.

Or what if it gave mods and books like PvP ones do. To encourage traders leaving safe zones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OR get traiding goods for the Trading missions like Cartagena Tar, Griet van dyke (Properbly writen wrong) ans sutch stuff you realy can trade with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×