Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix for patch 14.

Recommended Posts

Captains

Hotfix is being deployed 

  • Fleet Practice Room added. 
  • Battles will start when there are 10 players in the room. Maximum size of the group is set at 6. Total player in testing room possible is 50. 
  • Caguarian and live oak trees buffed.
    • Live oak and Caguarian woods has received a bonus to mast thickness - 5%
    • Live oak has been buffed both in HP and thickness
    • Caguarian HP was buffed
  • Thickness drop due to damage increased for light builds. This means that if you are sailing fir/cedar ships you will have to start repairing earlier to retain thickness. 
  • Reinforcement zones no longer supply some rare woods (in particular teak and white oak) which have been moved to nearby capturable regions.
  • NPC suppliers of repairs now supply them at cost + some margin (instead of the cost) to give some opportunities for crafters to compete.
  • Victory marks rank requirements is reduced by 1 rank to Master&Commander level (rank 5). Previously it was rank 6.
  • NPCs now buy looted cannons at slightly higher prices.
  • Other tunings
    • Wasa Battle Rating (BR) has been increased to 380
  • Upgrade rework: All upgrades that affect speed/turning and repairs were rebalanced 
    • In general: majority of bonuses to speed, turning, and repair amount and speed were reduced.
    • 2 upgrades that affect boarding has been buffed
      • barricades
      • ladders
    • Final parameters for changed upgrades can be reviewed here in this document (List of changed upgrades and books).

Discuss

30 Jan Update:

  • Bowsprit visual glitch fixed for several light ships
  • Delivery orders were disabled for rework
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin said:
  • Fleet Practice Room added. 
  • Battles will start when there are 10 players in the room. Maximum size of the group is set at 6. Total player in testing room possible is 50. 

Can ships be lost? What about rewards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, admin said:

eceived a bonus to mast thickness - 5%

Dont provoke misconceptions. regarding the other topic :D

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Live Oak buff in thickness is ridiculous. HP is fine.

2. Instructions Aux Canonniers were never brought back to the old state. They've been nerfed because of crew bugs, I believe those crew bugs got fixed already?

3. Mast Thickness only 5%? It's laughable. Also why only for caguarian and live oak? Why not sabicu, teak, white oak, mahogany? These are "tough" woods as well. Oak should be at 0% and bermuda/fir should have negatives.

 

Other changes seem good.

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh great....more thickness.....

 

did they read any of the last 20.000 comments from players in the last 2 months.....?

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin

Concerning the fleet practice room:

1 hour ago, Liq said:

Can ships be lost? What about rewards?

And what about xp - are we able to gain it by doing trainings there?

Edited by Navalus Magnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, admin said:

 

  • Upgrade rework: All upgrades that affect speed/turning and repairs were rebalanced (List of changed upgrades and books)
    • In general: majority of bonuses to speed, turning, and repair amount and speed were reduced.

1. Awesome with the spreadsheet admin! I'm a huge fan of spreadsheets as you know :P It makes life much easier when i can just copy stuff into my own spreadsheet instead of have to go look in game files for data! 

2. Quick look in spreadsheet; I think new values are much better! 

3. Question; Why the bonus gets smaller on bigger ship, BUT malus is same no matter size of ship? There must be reason why you choose this? 

4. Question; Now speed modules/turn module have been "nerfed". I think for balance, that next patch you nerf maybe "Tanky" modules (HP/Thickness)?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, admin said:

Thickness drop due to damage increased for light builds. This means that if you are sailing fir/cedar ships you will have to start repairing earlier to retain thickness. 

Where I can read HOW thickness drop due damage? Some chart or magic formula.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bah, increasing thickness again for live oak, is it reverse logic, or i'm probably too stupid to get it.

At least they appearently read the wasa comments.

Was a nerf to turn rates buffs really needed? Without, oh i don't know, rebalancing turn rates for 1 rates for example? The world is not 4th rates only.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin and @Ink

More thickness?

Are you serious man?

The whole forum - well at least almost the whole - is crying out, is begging you to lower the thickness (of 1st rates) and you even create more possibilities to increase it!?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, troody said:

oh great....more thickness.....

 

did they read any of the last 20.000 comments from players in the last 2 months.....?

Thickness was a problem that multiplied because of excessive repairs (28% bonus to repair amount). Current nerfs to repairs will make is significantly better.
+ Live oak makes your ship very slow and it should pay off in survivability. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

Thickness was a problem that multiplied because of excessive repairs (28% bonus to repair amount). Current nerfs to repairs will make is significantly better.

if u cant penetrate shit u dont need repairs......

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, admin said:

Captains

Hotfix is being deployed 

  • Fleet Practice Room added. 
  • Battles will start when there are 10 players in the room. Maximum size of the group is set at 6. Total player in testing room possible is 50. 
  • Caguarian and live oak trees buffed.
    • Live oak and Caguarian woods has received a bonus to mast thickness - 5%
    • Live oak has been buffed both in HP and thickness
    • Caguarian HP was buffed
  • Thickness drop due to damage increased for light builds. This means that if you are sailing fir/cedar ships you will have to start repairing earlier to retain thickness. 
  • Reinforcement zones no longer supply some rare woods (in particular teak and white oak) which have been moved to nearby capturable regions.
  • NPC suppliers of repairs now supply them at cost + some margin (instead of the cost) to give some opportunities for crafters to compete.
  • Victory marks rank requirements is reduced by 1 rank to Master&Commander level (rank 5). Previously it was rank 6.
  • NPCs now buy looted cannons at slightly higher prices.
  • Other tunings
    • Wasa Battle Rating (BR) has been increased to 380
  • Upgrade rework: All upgrades that affect speed/turning and repairs were rebalanced 
    • In general: majority of bonuses to speed, turning, and repair amount and speed were reduced.
    • 2 upgrades that affect boarding has been buffed
      • barricades
      • ladders
    • Final parameters for changed upgrades can be reviewed here in this document (List of changed upgrades and books).

Discuss

FINALLY THE WASA'S BR IS HIGHER

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

Thickness was a problem that multiplied because of excessive repairs (28% bonus to repair amount). Current nerfs to repairs will make is significantly better. Live oak makes your ship very slow and it should pay off in survivability. 

You dont even need liveoak atm. Ships are not even realy penable with teak whiteoak and 2 thickness mods.

Dont want to complain but wasa BR is wrong with 380. Its the same like 3rd rate now and a Bellona is way better than a wasa.

330 or something like that would have been better.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To penetrate live oak ships, you need to be in perfect 90 degrees angle, best if 2-10 meters away with double charge loaded.

@rediii Wasa has more firepower than 3rd rate and 3rd rates BR is 400. Imho 2nd rates need a BR buff, because they have only 450 (50BR more than Bellona, no point using Bellona in PB).

Edited by Banished Privateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

Thickness was a problem that multiplied because of excessive repairs (28% bonus to repair amount). Current nerfs to repairs will make is significantly better. Live oak makes your ship very slow and it should pay off in survivability. 

But live oak already did that without this new buff of thickness!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, troody said:

if u cant penetrate shit u dont need repairs......

 

 

that is a cannon problem and it will be addressed later as we discussed some time ago on this forum with @rediii

penetration of guns will be improved especially at short ranges (very soon). Carronades will be buffed as well

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Live oak white oak locean + Kirimati mast + navy structure + cartagena + barricades + book of five rings + winged out ballast + marines + boatswain/one free skill-slot == unbreakable seafortress 

Thanks for hotfix and i thought i had to trash my live oak first rates.

Edited by Never Surrender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rediii said:

You dont even need liveoak atm. Ships are not even realy penable with teak whiteoak and 2 thickness mods.

Dont want to complain but wasa BR is wrong with 380. Its the same like 3rd rate now and a Bellona is way better than a wasa.

330 or something like that would have been better.

 

lol wasa uses 4th rate mods which are better than the lineship mods this ends up being stronger against 3d rates and bellona's

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

that is a cannon problem and it will be addressed later as we discussed some time ago on this forum with @rediii

Why not both at the same time? why step by step? I mean that are conetcted issues.Why make things worse by doing it step by step?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin said:

that is a cannon problem and it will be addressed later as we discussed some time ago on this forum with @rediii

If you increase penetration of cannons, there will be even more distance demasting instead of hull to hull fighting.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin said:

that is a cannon problem and it will be addressed later as we discussed some time ago on this forum with @rediii

If you change guns penetration value it will also affect demasting, need to change mast thickness then - its all linked

Easiest is to change side hp thickness by a few %, problem should be solved

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, admin said:

that is a cannon problem and it will be addressed later as we discussed some time ago on this forum with @rediii

That sounds good!

But I don‘t understand why you make the thickness / penetration problem that difficult - reducing thickness would have solved it, wouldn‘t It!?

Edit:

We also move further and further away from historical correct thickness values with such a step (HMS Victory’s thickness at waterline was 60cm, wasn’t it!?).

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×