Game-Labs Forum

Buying port produced resources

John Jacob Astor

Question

I am a new player on the PvE server and am attempting to buy a resource in a port that produces it.  It is identified on the shop screen under "Allows production" but none currently appears.

My understanding is that the production port will fill a contract immediately for 4 times the production value of 1 quantity of the resource.

My question.  Where do I find the production value?

I've looked at at the trader tool on the map and it is not clear to me how this applies.

6 answers to this question

Craft menu then resources you can check cost and calculate

Z / x * 4 = price for eu trader to fill contract

Z being  quantity of resources.  Eg 4x oak logs

x being gold cost.  eg 292 to make 4 oak logs

4 / 292 * 4 = 292, so need to put contract on oak logs at 292 for eu trader to fill

someone with better #math could probably explain easier, not at pc so dont know if oak logs are 292 but i use this formula

Edited by Wigermo

"Allows production" want to say you 'll have to build a mine/forest to produce this ressource. Only players will produce it, not the port...

Basic ressources like Oak, Coal, Iron, Hemp... aren't produces by AI in ports. If you see some, it's a player sold some or put a selling contract.

53 minutes ago, Wigermo said:

Craft menu then resources you can check cost and calculate

That worked!  The mechanics are described in the NA wiki http://www.navalactionwiki.com/index.php?title=Production_Buildings

but it didn't explain where the resource cost came from.

It is expensive.  But the population on the PvE server appears to be low enough that nobody is reliably filling contracts.

Edited by Corvus
added a line.

2 hours ago, Nick the cursed said:

"Allows production" want to say you 'll have to build a mine/forest to produce this ressource. Only players will produce it, not the port...

Basic ressources like Oak, Coal, Iron, Hemp... aren't produces by AI in ports. If you see some, it's a player sold some or put a selling contract.

He's asking about the EU Trader tool, not producing with his own building.  It works in ports that produce the resource, which is why "allows production" is relevant.

1 hour ago, Corvus said:

That worked!  The mechanics are described in the NA wiki http://www.navalactionwiki.com/index.php?title=Production_Buildings

but it didn't explain where the resource cost came from.

It is expensive.  But the population on the PvE server appears to be low enough that nobody is reliably filling contracts.

I agree with you.  Unless you are just starting out, gold is easy to obtain on the PVE server, so it's easier to just save a little and buy the rest with EU Trader.

I don't know what nationality you are in the game, but if you are French faction, PM me and I can set you up with what you need.

5 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Unless you are just starting out, gold is easy to obtain on the PVE server, so it's easier to just save a little and buy the rest with EU Trader.

I don't know what nationality you are in the game, but if you are French faction, PM me and I can set you up with what you need.

Playing as US, just as a place to start.  Using PvE as training wheels for the PvP server so I can sort out game mechanics first.  Complete neophyte with very little gaming background.  Love the game but it is in dire need of basic documentation.

56 minutes ago, Corvus said:

Playing as US, just as a place to start.  Using PvE as training wheels for the PvP server so I can sort out game mechanics first.  Complete neophyte with very little gaming background.  Love the game but it is in dire need of basic documentation.

According to developers they are creating documentation now for a soon-to-come patch.  However, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

• Like 1