Game-Labs Forum

Problem: timers being able to be switched at any point. 

Solution: port timers can only be changed at the start of the week with a new conquest round. 

Example of problem: In order to attack Bermuda its a multiple day operation. which can be easily be made impossible to attack if the Russians just move the timer around every day or few. This needs to be solved. 

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

On top of that, I would add port status change OPEN FOR EVERYONE / NATIONAL to kick in as well at the beginning of the week. That would prevent the unpleasant experience of getting closed inside a port the next day. Never happened to me, but I get nightmares about it.

There you go giving them ideas again, you just can't keep those things to yourself  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

I am a reformed man. I play within the rules provided.  Unlike the 3 alt farmers you guys have now.  

our "alt farmers" are reformed. or they wouldn't be in the clan.  and if your playing the game within the rules provided then perhaps you need to tell me when that started? Does this include you guys swapping ports with Spain and trading victory marks for it? or are you hands clean on this just like they were when SORRY was farming conquest marks and you just so happened to "accidently" get caught up in it? or do we need to go back to the duping gold mods and ships even though you "only did it in order to f11 it" and report the devs... I'm just saying of all the people to say you play by the rules you should be at the bottom of the list. perhaps you should do some more "reforming". "mr night king"

• Like 5

3 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

our "alt farmers" are reformed. or they wouldn't be in the clan.  and if your playing the game within the rules provided then perhaps you need to tell me when that started? Does this include you guys swapping ports with Spain and trading victory marks for it? or are you hands clean on this just like they were when SORRY was farming conquest marks and you just so happened to "accidently" get caught up in it? or do we need to go back to the duping gold mods and ships even though you "only did it in order to f11 it" and report the devs... I'm just saying of all the people to say you play by the rules you should be at the bottom of the list. perhaps you should do some more "reforming". "mr night king"

All in the past tho right.  So doesn’t matter?  Your good book is all about forgiveness regardless of sin.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

Problem: timers being able to be switched at any point. 

Solution: port timers can only be changed at the start of the week with a new conquest round. 

Example of problem: In order to attack Bermuda its a multiple day operation. which can be easily be made impossible to attack if the Russians just move the timer around every day or few. This needs to be solved. 

10 hours ago, Christendom said:

someone's party was spoiled

10 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

someone's changing his mind every time about timers when the threat arises.

Again @admin was this the intention of the timers?? That ppl change timers blatently to AVOID a PB??! And are the lack of an answer due to the fact that the answer is self-evident? That the global server failed and we all know it - so now we're all testing an already tested and dead mechanic in order to force a global solution to atleast be passable rather than functional?

#Globalserverfailedhardsoletsalldoitagain!

12 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Salt doesn't warrant mechanics change.

Can you - all salt aside and in sincere honesty - say that the current system works? Can you state that the servermerge has done anything good for the server(s)?

I can log on at any hour, early, late, or dread late, and have the server populated.

I am no longer hostage of CET or EET prime time.

That is a good thing.

Regarding the rules of Conquest there's space for adjustment.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Can you - all salt aside and in sincere honesty - say that the current system works? Can you state that the servermerge has done anything good for the server(s)?

Yes it has. Mostly because in Russia the salt levels are at an all-time low. No friction, just cooperation. A will to play and let play. If our us players want ports to defend, they get them. And vice versa.

Edited by Cornelis Tromp

33 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Yes it has. Mostly because in Russia the salt levels are at an all-time low. No friction, just cooperation. A will to play and let play. If our us players want ports to defend, they get them. And vice versa.

What an incredibly narrow minded view. How much of the serverpop is in the US timezone? - Apparently about 20% of the russian pop, 33% of the brit pop and about 90% of the dutch pop.. And this is only the beginning. What happens when everyone starts putting timers - not to get battles when they want - but to avoid battles entirely.. Like the russian has done on a few ports.. like the dutch has done on... well all of their ports.. These problems were foreseen before the merges when we discussed different RvR mechanics.. Hell - we've "tested" them all before and we see the exact same problems as before. But by all means - wreck the game.

37 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I can log on at any hour, early, late, or dread late, and have the server populated.

I am no longer hostage of CET or EET prime time.

That is a good thing.

Regarding the rules of Conquest there's space for adjustment.

You were never 'hostage'.. no one was forbidden having an account on both servers.

3 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

What an incredibly narrow minded view. How much of the serverpop is in the US timezone? - Apparently about 20% of the russian pop, 33% of the brit pop and about 90% of the dutch pop.. And this is only the beginning. What happens when everyone starts putting timers - not to get battles when they want - but to avoid battles entirely.. Like the russian has done on a few ports.. like the dutch has done on... well all of their ports.. These problems were foreseen before the merges when we discussed different RvR mechanics.. Hell - we've "tested" them all before and we see the exact same problems as before. But by all means - wreck the game.

You forgot France and US. Both have a sizeable contingent of non-eu players.

4 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

You were never 'hostage'.. no one was forbidden having an account on both servers.

Hell, i'm bad with vocabulary. Sorry for that.

The context remains as proof of effort.

It is good to have a worldwide community sharing the same server with access to all mechanics at all times.

Let us not forget that all nations are enemy to each other by default.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Let us not forget that all nations are enemy to each other by default.

But not by reality.. Fact remains - using PB timers to AVOID a battle is not only a cowardly tactic but a broken mechanic. Nations SWAPPING ports in order to share VM on as many accounts as possible is not only morally bankrupt players but a broken mechanic.. Players farming their alts in order to get PvP is not only cheating but a broken mechanic.. Fact remains - you can't change humanitys need for imagined communities and this is the reason why any game using real life nations is allways going to be broken in terms of RvR..