Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Thonys

the mighty books

Well after many hours i am still looking for the books for the five rings and all the other mighty collectables and  boarding/gun books 

over in the south, you can not find them and do not spawn in ships in OW AI

so does somebody has a clue where to find them and why they are not findable in the south?

the only thing we see here is basic books like basic hull 

9 minutes ago, Thonys said:

Well after many hours i am still looking for the book

Hours!? I hear people grind bots and epics for months to get the rarest stuff.

9 minutes ago, Thonys said:

so does somebody has a clue where to find

Epic missions and bots of 4th rate and up.

The best I found till today was a copper plating module. So I feel your pain. I belive you have to do epic missions with some friends to have a higher chance of getting one. Those ship drop chests, which can contain some of the rare books or upgrades. At least that's what I saw in a stream not long ago.

- OW AI, best chances in 4th rates and above

- Epic events

- Treasure Fleet wrecks

Remember that there's a lot of "above basic" equipment to drop, so the lottery is very diverse.

I remember reading somewhere a fellow had to nail roughly 500 bots for some goodies :lol:

I have over 2500 hours in this game and I have yet to find all the element books. I have the book of 5 but that's because I bought them off other people.

Same goes for Art of Cargo and Notes on the Best Rudder Angles.

It takes months, not hours.

Not sure what is the mark value of said books but know some fellows simply buy them with pvp marks won by warring enemies. But in truth, someone has to find the said books enduring the bot-wars... pvper needs the pveer for the books.... pveer needs the pvper for the marks... hugs and kisses. Peace.

Got my last book for Gunnery Encyclopedia from a clan mate. He got it from a Deadman's Chest. 

The Wrecked Fleet event and Epic Events are the best way to get rare stuff. 

Time needed to get those books through PvE was roughly similar to time you need to level up all ships in the game excluding 1st rates. Maybe it changed with latest patches.

Epic events are your best bet. If you don't find a book, you'll find eg. a rare ship, which you can exchange for a few books, or a lot of PvP marks. Yesterday I heard a Rattle was sold for 200 PvP marks :)