Game-Labs Forum
Coraline Vodka

"you can't join battle" timer apply to port battles.

Hiding in battle has been a problem at port battles for awhile. you leave the fake battle setup by alts or what not and use the invisibility to cruise up to the pb and join it even though a "you can't join battles" timer is running.

This need to be fixed. Nothing worse than a few dozen players coming out to help defend and all those efforts be in vain because the OW relation to RVR isn't taken seriously.

I get it.  But what is a small nation suppose to do.  That is why it will not get anything done to it. Battle it out in the port battle and win. If you can't put a competent PB fleet together to always secure a win.  That sounds like it might be more of a problem. 

Edited by JobaSet

42 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I get it.  But what is a small nation suppose to do.  That is why it will not get anything done to it. Battle it out in the port battle and win. If you can't put a competent PB fleet together to always secure a win.  That sounds like it might be more of a problem. 

there are plenty of ports and nations to choose from. there is no excuse, a small group can go literally anywhere and start a pb. if you want lobby based PBs wait for legends to introduce it.

1 minute ago, Coraline Vodka said:

there are plenty of ports and nations to choose from. there is no excuse, a small group can go literally anywhere and start a pb. if you want lobby based PBs wait for legends to introduce it.

If you are wining the port battles easy,  Why and Who cares.  If not then it is a Problem Right.  Understand I agree with you up to a point.  But what you asking for is to Shut out other Clans and Nations from the most important ports and resources.  Before there was just one server, Huge nations could and still do more or less limit needed resources.   If you can't win the port battle by putting the best of the best from your clan or nation in it,  throwing 100 or more ships at group of 25 that only wants the/a port battle for resources. Seem too me a bit one sided.  I can throw out a lot of example of Smaller nation Holding very important Port once they got them from nations that out numbered them 4 or 10 to one.  And never screen once when they tried to take it back.  Yea I see the problem but I also see another problem.

The reason it is like it is now, is so defenders cannot get screened out (unless they are really really really bad). The "cannot join"-timer was made to not apply to portbattles because defensive PB fleets would be screened out while they waited for their timer to run out. If defensive PB fleets could easily get screened out it would allow for a lot of griefing and also be extremely unrealistic since the defensive PB fleet is supposed to already be in the port they are defending. Sailing out from the docks for the defensive fleet is just a matter of positioning.

25 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

The reason it is like it is now, is so defenders cannot get screened out (unless they are really really really bad). The "cannot join"-timer was made to not apply to portbattles because defensive PB fleets would be screened out while they waited for their timer to run out. If defensive PB fleets could easily get screened out it would allow for a lot of griefing and also be extremely unrealistic since the defensive PB fleet is supposed to already be in the port they are defending. Sailing out from the docks for the defensive fleet is just a matter of positioning.

You'r welcome

Anolytic I will be hally the day you end up the same as LV

laughed about 24/7

2 hours ago, rediii said:

You'r welcome

laughed about 24/7

Like we do about you already? Or should I say alrediii?

Edited by Cornelis Tromp

6 hours ago, JobaSet said:

If you are wining the port battles easy,  Why and Who cares.  If not then it is a Problem Right.  Understand I agree with you up to a point.  But what you asking for is to Shut out other Clans and Nations from the most important ports and resources.  Before there was just one server, Huge nations could and still do more or less limit needed resources.   If you can't win the port battle by putting the best of the best from your clan or nation in it,  throwing 100 or more ships at group of 25 that only wants the/a port battle for resources. Seem too me a bit one sided.  I can throw out a lot of example of Smaller nation Holding very important Port once they got them from nations that out numbered them 4 or 10 to one.  And never screen once when they tried to take it back.  Yea I see the problem but I also see another problem.

There has to be a better way. If screening is such a problem make it an official part of the PB, build some kind of special battle specifically for it and make it balanced.

The problem with how it is now is that its nothing short of Legends style play inside the MMO version where, I'm sorry but numbers and tactics should matter more than TPs and hiding in battles.

How much more small scale are we willing to make PBs to accommodate small nations? The map is already filled with 2400-4800 BR ports which at best hold maybe 15 players each side. Eventually the game will grow, and if PBs aren't growing with it and only a single clan can dominate the map with little regards to the OW, people are going to lose interest again.

A good idea I think for an official screening mechanic? Make it a wacky race where all the attackers need to do is make it inside a circle radius of the port from an official screening battle instance, once they cross the plane they're immediately put into the PB. Not perfect but its a start.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

12 hours ago, rediii said:

You'r welcome

laughed about 24/7

I have not clue what you just said

11 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

There has to be a better way. If screening is such a problem make it an official part of the PB, build some kind of special battle specifically for it and make it balanced.

The problem with how it is now is that its nothing short of Legends style play inside the MMO version where, I'm sorry but numbers and tactics should matter more than TPs and hiding in battles.

How much more small scale are we willing to make PBs to accommodate small nations? The map is already filled with 2400-4800 BR ports which at best hold maybe 15 players each side. Eventually the game will grow, and if PBs aren't growing with it and only a single clan can dominate the map with little regards to the OW, people are going to lose interest again.

A good idea I think for an official screening mechanic? Make it a wacky race where all the attackers need to do is make it inside a circle radius of the port from an official screening battle instance, once they cross the plane they're immediately put into the PB. Not perfect but its a start.

Again, it seems Like to me, you just don't WANT a real fight.  (Same As the other server I will not mention).  Did You screen Jobe... Not.....The Prussians Sat out side for more than 2 hours. They wanted you to come out but you did not.  

Thing is I never even spoke to anyone in Front of Jobe. US or Prussia I was there to hunt anything I could tag and pull. (Take that back i did reply to someone that asked me if I was ever in the US)

As I Killed 5 US player ships in a heavy rattle snake and Chased many into port or to the towers lol.  I can only imagine what they(Prussia)were talking about as they look on from Sight distance of my attacks on Larger boats.

The big question is DID YOU WIN THAT PORT BATTLE ????

Did you WIN? 

IF you can't Win a port battle with you top tier Players.  Then you should not have the port. 

Screening SHOULD be considered as Random PVP, not the only way you can win a port Battle, because you can't beat other team as is now.

PS: Forgot to mention I did Get sunk in my Heavy Rat later in the night after the Jobe port battle by 2 Connies and edy and a 3rd rate(or Pavel maybe cant remember)

Edited by JobaSet

4 hours ago, JobaSet said:

Again, it seems Like to me, you just don't WANT a real fight.  (Same As the other server I will not mention).  Did You screen Jobe... Not.....The Prussians Sat out side for more than 2 hours. They wanted you to come out but you did not.  

Thing is I never even spoke to anyone in Front of Jobe. US or Prussia I was there to hunt anything I could tag and pull. (Take that back i did reply to someone that asked me if I was ever in the US)

As I Killed 5 US player ships in a heavy rattle snake and Chased many into port or to the towers lol.  I can only imagine what they(Prussia)were talking about as they look on from Sight distance of my attacks on Larger boats.

The big question is DID YOU WIN THAT PORT BATTLE ????

Did you WIN? 

IF you can't Win a port battle with you top tier Players.  Then you should not have the port. 

Screening SHOULD be considered as Random PVP, not the only way you can win a port Battle, because you can't beat other team as is now.

PS: Forgot to mention I did Get sunk in my Heavy Rat later in the night after the Jobe port battle by 2 Connies and edy and a 3rd rate(or Pavel maybe cant remember)

This is the schism. Do we want legends style lobby PBs, or should OW be a part of RVR?

52 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

This is the schism. Do we want legends style lobby PBs, or should OW be a part of RVR?

@admin

Look just because you don't know how to fight Properly.  That not mean you can't screen 1 or 2 Ships that were not paying attention from an incoming PB fleet. All I am Saying is Large nations Should not get a free Pass on every Port battle. They can threw 100 Higher BR boats at 1 PB fleet with no intention of actually doing a battle and still have a PB fleet in port ready to defend.  I say that and I am in one of the largest nations now.

There are ways to Fix it but you will not like them. (I put this in forum Year plus ago, that attacking fleets should have longer timers than Defenders that was to difficult for the devs to do so they made up Supper powers for everyone.)

1. Attacking Ships can't escape battle in contested area unless all ships are gone. 
    • That would stop PB fleets cold from doing this as Some random alt cant tag a PB fleet it would have to be the pb fleet attacking. (Keep them open also) Everyone Loves the words ALT abuse.
    • Must have a circle of Death in Contested area Battles. Should also be very small.
      • This will stop the shit ships from attacking PB Fleet with no way to win and all they do is RUN. So that the PB fleet that actually do get screened will now get something pvp marks(They should be 2x in contested area) That way they have not wasted hours and hours for nothing. This also means you don't screen unless you are willing to die that will cut your Screening fleet by 9/10ths

Told you you would not like it Since you will still lose ships, but you were able to keep your Port.  Again I have Posted this before.  Everyone will get something, what you and many want is everything with no risk.

Edited by JobaSet