Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rediii

Exploits that make me done with NA again

Just now, Christendom said:

Merge wasn't announced till December 

#whocaresaboutfacts

And according to your chart the pop dropped 64 on average in december.. hmpf figure facts..

@Christendom From server merge till now we still got ~100 players loose in peak. But #whocaresaboutfacts : - )

Only 35 in average, so who cares. definitely not you.

Edited by Mikocen

14 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

And according to your chart the pop dropped 64 on average in december.. hmpf figure facts..

Merge hit Dec 20th.  Numbers have been rising since.  

8 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

@Christendom From server merge till now we still got ~100 players loose in peak. But #whocaresaboutfacts : - )

Only 35 in average, so who cares. definitely not you.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Christendom said:

Merge wasn't announced till December 

#whocaresaboutfacts

You dont care about facts, I can say that.

Its normal that there are more players in january than in december

Its also normal playernumbers rise when the game is 60% off

9 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Not entirely true - we don't play the same game. We have little to no interactions, only the gameplay of one part is adversely affecting the ability to play on the other part - and vice versa. Which is the very reason why global server will fail - regional servers are the way to go post release.

And therefore you blame the ,others‘, the ‚evil‘ players from global?!?

What do they‘ve got to do with the decision of the devs to merge servers?

8 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

And therefore you blame the ,others‘, the ‚evil‘ players from global?!?

What do they‘ve got to do with the decision of the devs to merge servers?

I don't blame the 'globals' - I'm merely pointing out that the timers are gamebreaking and that the best long term viable option is regional servers. This game is not EVE online but should rather in terms of player activities be compared with RPMMOs like SWTOR in regard to online time. The fact that one parts gameplay negatively impacts the other parts ability to actually play the game merely destroys the game. There is nothing gained by a global server.

1 minute ago, Bearwall said:

I don't blame the 'globals' - I'm merely pointing out that the timers are gamebreaking and that the best long term viable option is regional servers. This game is not EVE online but should rather in terms of player activities be compared with RPMMOs like SWTOR in regard to online time. The fact that one parts gameplay negatively impacts the other parts ability to actually play the game merely destroys the game. There is nothing gained by a global server.

That's fine!

In my original post I didn't adress people who think like you've now expressed it, just those who blame other players to ruin the game because of their merely presence and their wish to continue to play the game, even though the best suited server for them has been closed down.

13 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

That's fine!

In my original post I didn't adress people who think like you've now expressed it, just those who blame other players to ruin the game because of their merely presence and their wish to continue to play the game, even though the best suited server for them has been closed down.

I agree.. It's an unfortunate situation where the dwindling playernumbers are being patched by joining the servers, but imo it's a bandaid on a broken leg. The US servers primary problem were the maintenance timer and due to this not being addressed for a very long time the problem became playernumbers. The global server failed because the global server imo is a bad idea - it has nothing to do with the players playing on it.

• Like 2

-All day the same thing, no variety in game content (except sailing different ships (which is not enough)).

-Trading dead.

-No diplomacy system, which gives room for many dirty tricks.

-Several useless ships (agamemnon...).

-Some ships OP: wasa.

-A historical aberration: Mortar brigs being able to sniper ships.

-Upgrades more hard and costly to get than the ship itself. Some upgrades really OP.

-Masts of paper.

-Timers to negate RVR content.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Intrepido said:

I mortar ship, if anchored and attached to a spring line, against a stationary target (ship or building) could be deadly accurate irl. But, of course, our MB's aren't anchored. Although I cannot think of a historical example of mortars being loaded with double shot....

Upgrades more hard and costly to get than the ship itself. Some upgrades really OP.

I too think this is a problem. It's super easy to fix of we want, though.

Masts of paper.

You don't think the French rigs and kirimati fixes this? Or does it tie into the above issue?

As far as alt abuse and many of the other problems listed are concerned, I view them as a predictable and, in many cases, unavoidable problems caused by loss mechanic. I know loss is here to stay, relax. You've made things "matter", that's a good thing in many people's books. It matters so much people use their considerable creativity to abuse any system or mechanics. I'm honestly baffled by the outrage. If you want "this" you get "that".

On 1/14/2018 at 6:54 AM, Bearwall said:

I agree.. It's an unfortunate situation where the dwindling playernumbers are being patched by joining the servers, but imo it's a bandaid on a broken leg. The US servers primary problem were the maintenance timer and due to this not being addressed for a very long time the problem became playernumbers. The global server failed because the global server imo is a bad idea - it has nothing to do with the players playing on it.

Again and again I see this BS argument made about how or why the Global server failed.  Fact is Global server failed because of mismanagement by the developer, or piss poor implementation by the developer.  

He provided little to no real information, the split/merger/implementation of the Global server was done haphazardly.   And it was done in a half-assed way, with as little effort or care as possible.  Of course it was going to fail.

On 1/14/2018 at 7:48 AM, Intrepido said:

-All day the same thing, no variety in game content (except sailing different ships (which is not enough)).

-Trading dead.

-No diplomacy system, which gives room for many dirty tricks.

-Several useless ships (agamemnon...).

-Some ships OP: wasa.

-Upgrades more hard and costly to get than the ship itself. Some upgrades really OP.

-Masts of paper.

-Timers to negate RVR content.

All of the above dont help....

On 14.1.2018 at 8:26 PM, Tac said:

Russian nation using the TP for bullshittery.

the sweden are bad losers !! that's all

On 1/13/2018 at 11:42 AM, Christendom said:

0520ebe9bb8733cb94c132ad051585f6.png

Last 30 days, nice bump in players.  It's almost as if a merge happened.

Last Dead Redemption 2 and Sea of Thieves will slash these numbers unless we see something epic soon. You will have 500-600 vets playing all the time that I can guarantee you and anything past those numbers require very good content to grow. 

Edited by H2O

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Last Dead Redemption 2 and Sea of Thieves will slash these numbers unless we see something epic soon. You will have 500-600 vets playing all the time that I can guarantee you. 

are you saying that new wind profiles and 1 new ship not epic enough?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

are you saying that new wind profiles and 1 new ship not epic enough?

Server merge could answer your question. 

I don’t mind paper masts. What I mind is some players hitting my mast once, knocking them down, me literally getting over 100 “mast hits” on them, and them not going down. The upgrade meta is actually ridiculous. All masts should be able to be taken down by a few ball, or near impossible all around. 

Even with the refits it is possible to bring down the tops and even the main half.

The root is what is almost "impossible" ( but possible with certain caliber and better quality gunpowder and gunnery crews).

20 hours ago, Odol said:

He provided little to no real information, the split/merger/implementation of the Global server was done haphazardly.   And it was done in a half-assed way, with as little effort or care as possible.  Of course it was going to fail.

It was announced in forums and everytime you logged in for months lol