Game-Labs Forum

Recently Killed Should not be a license to attack

If a player is recently killed, and attacks you, and you win, you should get the xp and pvp marks. Being recently killed is fine, i get how it is meant to prevent farming. But it's should cancel if the player decides to attack.

Killed a cerb in a prince and got jack squat for it, not very happy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BPHick said:

If a player is recently killed, and attacks you, and you win, you should get the xp and pvp marks. Being recently killed is fine, i get how it is meant to prevent farming. But it's should cancel if the player decides to attack.

Killed a cerb in a prince and got jack squat for it, not very happy.

ย 

Well Problem is. Then PvPers would just Constantly Run Matches between Friends.

Easily Farming Tons and Tons of Exp and PvP Marks. Which would be very Unfair to those actually Fighting Wars.

ย 

So I fear this wont be Changed.

I do however think that the Recently Killed Modifier Should Prevent you from Attacking others in the First Place.

Since your not offering any Reward in a Fight. You should not be able to Initiate Attacks on Enemy Players.

ย 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

ย 

Well Problem is. Then PvPers would just Constantly Run Matches between Friends.

Easily Farming Tons and Tons of Exp and PvP Marks. Which would be very Unfair to those actually Fighting Wars.

ย 

So I fear this wont be Changed.

I do however think that the Recently Killed Modifier Should Prevent you from Attacking others in the First Place.

Since your not offering any Reward in a Fight. You should not be able to Initiate Attacks on Enemy Players.

ย 

Or, they can deal with people abusing it like they do with people abusing it now. Design a game that nobody can abuse and you have a game nobody wants to play. Right now, the PvP mark system adversely affects lower level or less experienced players, so denying those players every legitimate opportunity to earn marks is more detrimental than the potential for unchecked abuse.

Tbh I don't think I've ever been attacked by a recently killed player. Not to say it doesn't happen, but arguing that the action of the few shouldn't have consequences on the many is kind of what I think off when you say you want the PVP marks for killing the odd "recently killed player" The result of this an open window for abuse. It may sound easy to just allow it and let the devs ban those who do abuse it, but that requires CONSTANT overlooking of the logs, and unless you know for sure that those 2 players are alts, nothing is solid evidence.

59 minutes ago, BPHick said:

Or, they can deal with people abusing it like they do with people abusing it now. Design a game that nobody can abuse and you have a game nobody wants to play. Right now, the PvP mark system adversely affects lower level or less experienced players, so denying those players every legitimate opportunity to earn marks is more detrimental than the potential for unchecked abuse.

ย 

For now I would say that this is Impossible.

From the get go. This Game shows horrendous disregard for New Players. And the Devs have Made Clear that they dont care at all and that this Game in Essence is for the Hardcore Niche Players.

But even if we considered them being ready to change their take on this Hardcore PvP thing and implement a more reasonable policy for their Game.

Creating a System which grants rewards for Player vs Player Combat without being prone to abuse is Impossible.

ย 

The Moment you Offer a Reward that is Worth something you are Prone to have PvP Players just Fighting Friends to earn Rewards constantly rather than Roaming Open World.

And there is no real way for an Automatic System to know if two Players Fight on Purpose or just Meet each other by Chance.

So the only way to actually Prevent Abuse would be Manual Control by an Admin of each and every case.

Needless to say that this will never happen because the Devs got different things to do then spend 12 Hours a Day rummaging through the Data to Detect abuse.

ย 

ย 

The Only other way to Grant a Reward without it being easy to abuse. Would be to cost the Player Losing more than the Reward is Worth.

In Short the losing Player would for example lose alot of Experience and Rank Down. Or would Incur a Debt of PvP Marks etc etc.

To make sure that abuse of the System is non Profitable. Thing is. This would be completely Detrimental to PvP because it would not only Alienate the non Hardcore PvPers from the Game even further and killing the Games Population even more. It would also result in PvP becoming much more Rare because the Loss is a High Risk.

ย 

ย 

If of course you got a Better Idea your Welcome to Share it :)

ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Fox said:

PVP marks and victory marks make the strong stronger...it is an anti solo player/anti new player policy

thats not true. I give me marks to people for free all the time. Didnt I give you pvp mark upgrades for free?

ย 

I get the point that giving PVP Marks for killing a "Recently Killed" is exploitable. That's unfortunate. But make it so a Recently Killed can not attack.

The OP was referring to a situation we had yesterday. I killed a trader in my Tradersย Brig. He popped in to La Mona and got in a Cerb and was waiting for me when I left the battle. Being low on repairs and obviously outgunned, I ran. He chased me almostย all the way to Aves before he caught me. A countryman was able to join the fight, save me, and sink the stubborn Cerb. But my countryman got no reward because the Cerb captainย was recentlyย killed.

And for the captain who said "who cares about PVP Marks?"... Some of us need them. They are our only chance to ever see a Victory Mark.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

thats not true. I give me marks to people for free all the time. Didnt I give you pvp mark upgrades for free?

ย 

Am The Sea Fox on European...so not that I remember... But if you ever have I'm fresh out and would like some more please๐Ÿ˜

10 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Do you care if you get marks or not? I couldnt be bothered. Would rather a fight vs no fight

Both, the fighting is fun, but if things in the end game are going to require marks, then I need to be able to receive them whenever I am able to earn them.ย 

• Like 2