Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HachiRoku

Duel Rooms, Again...

4 hours ago, rediii said:

We need a duelroom in NA to teach people. Its not even that we want them, we NEED them. Its no fun for noobs to go and sink somewhere without knowing basics before.

You cant just tell people basics or give them a video or textguide. they will still suck atleast 10 battles.

Redii, I remember when you commented my VM post by saying - there are other ways of dealing with it. Well, I'll use this topic to respond in a similarly unproductive way as well,  to return the favor :P Don't get upset :) 

You can deal with it. Just tag a trader in the OW and train by fighting green on green, or use alt. If you're in one of new nations, thanks to a very useful bug, you can even have a green on green with boarding and PvP marks.

It's not such a big issue. I trained many people like this, even eg. 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 1.

Some tips:

• tag a trader in OW, ask your AI to demast it while you fight
  • tag a weak warship, first train demasting, then fight
  • tag an alt, enter battle from both sides (for new nations only)
Edited by vazco

btw, if we introduced a duel room, I feel it should be launched from the same harbour. Otherwise it's somehow making NA more of a lobby game than an immersive simulator of age of sails. It's not a strong opinion, just a thought.

@vazco Do you like wasting your time and looking for AI? And taking risk that somebody will gank you? Game shouldnt annoy players, with your tips it does.
But I fully agree that it should only work only if both players are in the same port.

Duel room was a great option for testing and teaching. The problem with it was that you could teleport your ship with "Send to port" option after duel, but this option doesnt exist in game anymore, so why not implement duel room again? It doesnt give money, exp points, there is nothing what you can gain by it except your own expierence. I would really love to see it once again : -)

Edited by Mikocen

50 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

@Vazco Do you like wasting your time and looking for AI? And taking risk that somebody will gank you? Game shouldnt annoy players, with your tips it does.
But I fully agree that it should only work only if both players are in the same port.

Duel room was a great option for testing and teaching. The problem with it was that you could teleport your ship with "Send to port" option after duel, but this option doesnt exist in game anymore, so why not implement duel room again? It doesnt give money, exp points, there is nothing what you can gain by it except your own expierence. I would really love to see it once again : -)

I don't :P I'm just replying in the same tone as I was replied to on VM issue - there are ways to deal with it :P that's basically trolling, I'm not against duel rooms from the same port. 

I could say that we in the Commonwealth are dealing with this issue and that's probably why we don't have issues training people, like other nations which only like to complain and whine. This would be super - trolling though, that's why I won't do this :)

Introduce duel rooms already :)

16 hours ago, vazco said:

I don't :P I'm just replying in the same tone as I was replied to on VM issue - there are ways to deal with it :P that's basically trolling, I'm not against duel rooms from the same port. 

I could say that we in the Commonwealth are dealing with this issue and that's probably why we don't have issues training people, like other nations which only like to complain and whine. This would be super - trolling though, that's why I won't do this :)

Introduce duel rooms already :)

You are not in Commonwealth anymore :P 

Just bring back outlaw, free for all battles for everyone. We don't need a duel room if we can attack everyone at any time.  While I can appreciate wanting rooms for testing ship builds, etc. I believe these should all be done on the open world in an open world game.

All that said... Legends is crap and with the progression system the way it is... meh.

The developers want players to use Legends for duels (no surprise). 

In my experience, if you wait for the developers to do something, you will wait a long time. Same nation duels are fairly easy to do currently with smuggler flag and tagging AI trade ship. This is probably your best bet.

On 1/12/2018 at 12:51 PM, admin said:

sponsored post:
duel tournaments! every weekend in legends :) equal ships equal upgrades only skill matters!

Im not sure you read the full post. The duels in legends are not working for one. You can't spilt a game into 2 even if one is free. I bought NA, duels were in NA when I bought the game. Small battles were too. That content was removed. That is like microsoft patching forza 4, deleting cars and saying to players you need to get forza 5 to get certain cars... I know legends is free and its not a cash grab or anything but I simply cannot understand why you can't add something back to the game that everyone clearly wants. There is very little chance I will ever play legends. Maybe if you make ranks cross game more people might go to legends and play battles. 13 people are online atm in legends.... 

On 2018-01-12 at 12:51 PM, admin said:

sponsored post:
duel tournaments! every weekend in legends :) equal ships equal upgrades only skill matters!

Worthless. Noone there

On 2018-01-12 at 12:41 PM, HachiRoku said:

You must be new. We had duel rooms in the past. they were removed

edit: youre around since 2014. Sorry my mistake :)

The duelromm did not work. We did not have equal ships. And we did not even know what ships the other duelists had if you wanted to do random duelling.

1 hour ago, Ligatorswe said:

The duelromm did not work. We did not have equal ships. And we did not even know what ships the other duelists had if you wanted to do random duelling.

they worked. We dueled all the time

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

they worked. We dueled all the time

We did too. I kinda doubt it took that many people out of the OW, but then again isn't that why it was removed? That it worked too well and OW isn't for that type of pvp-on-demand?