Game-Labs Forum

Do you Lose NPC Ships if you Leave Battle while they are still engaged ?

Sunleader

Question

Just Left a Battle. I was way too far off and had something else to do.

2 of my NPC Ships were still Engaged tough. They were clearly Superior and clearly Winning. But I didnt want to wait till they would finally Think that Enemy NPC.

So I left the Battle.

Then I found both my NPC Ships are Gone.

Are they just Deleted if you leave Battle without them ????

Its gladly not such a Big Problem as it was just random Ships I Captured or Bought. But its still somewhat annoying....

Edited by Sunleader

25 answers to this question

Sigh.

Good thing is was only Scrap Ships.

Stupid Mechanic. They should either make them Fight it out. Or just Prohibit Retreat.

Hell at the very very least they could at least give you a Warning that the NPC Ships will Surrender if you Leave now......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

Sigh.

Stupid Mechanic. They should either make them Fight it out. Or just Prohibit Retreat.

Hell at the very very least they could at least give you a Warning that the NPC Ships will Surrender if you Leave now......

Too many people abused it to just go into battle and farm AI. It was stupid that way and they way it is now is perfect.

23 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Too many people abused it to just go into battle and farm AI. It was stupid that way and they way it is now is perfect.

Sigh its Obvious that your one of the People which want NPC Fleet Ships to be Removed entirely.......

No Offense but this is Clearly not Perfect. To be more Precise its Incredible Bad and very Stupid.

Aside from you not getting any Rewards for your NPC Ships Combat Performance. So Farming with them being Impossible by now.

The Least they could do is Give a Warning Note "If you Leave Battle now your Fleet Ships X and Y will Surrender and be Lost"

The Way it is currently. Means that New Players will use a Ship for Fleet to have an NPC along. And will then Lose Valuable Ships to this Mechanic because they did simply not know about this.

I can tell from your Post already that you actually dont want this Feature to Work because you actually want to remove any Option to have NPC Ships Supporting a Player.

But Mate this Feature is Part of the Game. And making it useless or removing it, is not a very Good Choice for the Game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Sigh its Obvious that your one of the People which want NPC Fleet Ships to be Removed entirely.......

He said it's perfect as it is, so why the hell do you think he wants to remove something ??

Edited by Trino

3 hours ago, Sunleader said:

No Offense but this is Clearly not Perfect. To be more Precise its Incredible Bad and very Stupid.

Aside from you not getting any Rewards for your NPC Ships Combat Performance. So Farming with them being Impossible by now.

The Least they could do is Give a Warning Note "If you Leave Battle now your Fleet Ships X and Y will Surrender and be Lost"

The Way it is currently. Means that New Players will use a Ship for Fleet to have an NPC along. And will then Lose Valuable Ships to this Mechanic because they did simply not know about this.

I can tell from your Post already that you actually dont want this Feature to Work because you actually want to remove any Option to have NPC Ships Supporting a Player.

But Mate this Feature is Part of the Game. And making it useless or removing it, is not a very Good Choice for the Game.

I actually was pro NPC fleet in game, and still am? It is clear you just can’t see through your own Biasis. However it’s one thing to take the time to kill NPC ships yourself, and another to go in and have your NPCs kill the NPCs, get the reward, all while just going mission to mission doing that and doing nothing yourself. If you want a farm simulator go back to your Korean Grind games.

8 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Sigh.

Captain leaves the sinking ship last or must go down with a ship. Even though it is a game we expect our captains to tend and support their subordinate ships in battle. 

NPC captains under your command lose all hope when the commander leaves them and immediately surrender. Warning is not necessary - we never expect players to leave their comrades in battle.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rediii said:

New players dont know it. If its not included in tutorial or UI this will cause frustration

We though that not leaving friends and comrades in battle usually is a part of the general male education.
New players usually will encounter this problem once and most often in light crappy ships, gaining this experience. 

The choice to surrender bots if you leave them is deliberate and this usually what would happen in most combat situations. It also solves multiple exploits and other problems. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, admin said:

i missed not in post

we thought that not leaving friends and comrades is taught by men and fathers and schools and movies. 

A npc is a thing. How do some people treat their stuff? Some are careful others don't care till its broken. 

But when you look at liq's recent battles for example. How could he kill 3-5 guys and nobody run away? There it might apply because that are real people behind the pixels.

Edited by z4ys

6 hours ago, rediii said:

There should be a warning message though that fleetships will sjrrender if they are still in combat

I do think a warning would be good for the game, you know why there is warning labels on every thing?  Cause some idiot still tried to do it even though common since would tell you not to, than they tried to sue the company after doing it.  So we get warning labels.

5 hours ago, admin said:

We though that not leaving friends and comrades in battle usually is a part of the general male education.
New players usually will encounter this problem once and most often in light crappy ships, gaining this experience. 

The choice to surrender bots if you leave them is deliberate and this usually what would happen in most combat situations. It also solves multiple exploits and other problems. 

In just about every game I been on if you leave/retreat and leave you army/men behind they take heavy lost and or destroyed so why wouldn't it be diffrent in this game?  I agree with you, but I think @rediii is right it prob should have some warning message when you try to escape and your fleet are still engaged.

Honestly we do this to folks that have AI, we try to keep them in if they are escaping so they will loose the ships and crew.  It use to be a pain back when they had 5 dura, but eventionally you will get them to run out of crew and dura's before they got to a port or you capture them, but than again this was back when they had that stupid coward perk some one could pop out right next to you even as you move to board their totally demasted and low crew ship.

14 hours ago, z4ys said:

Result = you lose them

But why? I have experienced similar thing. Why not compare Ship quantity, health or br and call it? If there are 2 frigates vs 1 surprise it should be auto Win. Why in the world 2 NPC captains would surrender when their supreme leader had to take off :lol:?  

Imagine you leave 2 frigates vs 1 cutter and you have to log out..:rolleyes: come back just to realize cutter owned your frigates and you lost everything. 

To me being forced to stay until the end is not good and especially in cases when I might need to go. Loosing 2 costly ships in process is not healthy. 

Edited by H2O

17 minutes ago, H2O said:

To me being forced to stay until the end is not good and especially in cases when I might need to go. Loosing 2 costly ships in process is not healthy. 

give them the escape command, alt tab and then go.. they will escape 

it takes literally 5 seconds
click on bot control interface
click escape command for each of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Do you think it will be possible to have all these commands somewhere on the screen? or maybe command rose? 

Something like 

-----------------------------

Fleet

--Frigate [ ] [ ] [ ] 

--Frigate [ ] [ ] [ ] 

*[ ] command icon

[R] - retreat

------------------------------

Edited by H2O
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Trino said:

He said it's perfect as it is, so why the hell do you think he wants to remove something ??

The way it currently is. It is mostly useless and not worth having them.

So yes for someone who doesnt want the Feature this is indeed Perfect.

7 hours ago, admin said:

Captain leaves the sinking ship last or must go down with a ship. Even though it is a game we expect our captains to tend and support their subordinate ships in battle. 

NPC captains under your command lose all hope when the commander leaves them and immediately surrender. Warning is not necessary - we never expect players to leave their comrades in battle.

With all Due Respect. Then Maybe you Should Teach NPCs not to be constantly Break Dancing against the Wind and thus ending up Isolated 3km Upwind from their Captain where he then has to Wait 3 Hours for them to Finish Breakdancing with each other. Because they barely Shoot each other while doing that and thus Take forever to Sink Enemy Ships.

6 hours ago, admin said:

Again.

The Very Least you could do is give a Warning Note about this when someone is about the Leave the Battle.

You should keep in mind. That this "Crappy Light Ship" that a New Captain has. Might just be an really Fat part of his Fortune which he will be Insanely Pissed about.

45 minutes ago, admin said:

That is if they actually Obey the Command Properly

Most of the Time they will take forever to Break the Engagement and will even while Running still Reset their Battle Timer by using their Stern Chasers to Shoot at the Enemy....

Take no Offense in this Mate.

But you See.

The Minimum you should do. Is Include a Warning Note that your NPC Ships will be Surrendered if you Leave now.

Because there is an Actual HUD Menu which Says "You can Escape Battle Now" in the Upper Center of your Screen. Which does not mention anything about having Negative Effects if you Leave Now.

And in General this Mechanic might make Sense if your NPCs AI was actually Competent enough to Fight the Enemy Properly when Set on Follow You. And if it behaved like Subordinates which actually Paid Attention to their Captains Ship Position.

Right now Honestly Said I dont even know how my Subordinates could lose Hope over me Retreating as they obviously havnt Paid the slightest attention to me for the entire Battle lol

Edited by Sunleader
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Take no Offense in this Mate.

But you See.

The Minimum you should do. Is Include a Warning Note that your NPC Ships will be Surrendered if you Leave now.

Because there is an Actual HUD Menu which Says "You can Escape Battle Now" in the Upper Center of your Screen. Which does not mention anything about having Negative Effects if you Leave Now.

And in General this Mechanic might make Sense if your NPCs AI was actually Competent enough to Fight the Enemy Properly when Set on Follow You. And if it behaved like Subordinates which actually Paid Attention to their Captains Ship Position.

Right now Honestly Said I dont even know how my Subordinates could lose Hope over me Retreating as they obviously havnt Paid the slightest attention to me for the entire Battle lol

I agree, many game features are hidden for new guys like us. It would be nice to have everything explained. 

Edited by H2O

2 hours ago, admin said:

When I read that I immediately pictured that. :D

14 hours ago, admin said:

i missed not in post

we thought that not leaving friends and comrades is taught by men and fathers and schools and movies. 

20180113012830_1.thumb.jpg.bbba58fd35535f4e0d8ff4aa495b0d4e.jpg

I have to take back my previous statement: "people dont leave other people". All pirates left the ballona alone. :( He had no chance even after HRE left.

On 1/12/2018 at 2:25 AM, admin said:

i missed not in post

Sure. I think we all understand your justification on why the fleet is lost.

But if a player has not ever done it nor been told about it, he probably thinks hitting "escape" will escape his whole fleet. Remember, you currently have no instructions in game. Please make sure you address fleet operations in the upcoming tutorials. You don't even need a tutorial but simple instructions explaining commands to fleet are needed. 

On 12/01/2018 at 10:08 AM, H2O said:

What about these other player forced to fight your useless bots while you are yourself enjoying being back to your business?

You are the one who brought them in, you are the one to take them out.

Edited by Serk

On 1/13/2018 at 7:34 PM, Serk said:

What about these other player forced to fight your useless bots while you are yourself enjoying being back to your business?

You are the one who brought them in, you are the one to take them out.

This was actually more about PvE Engagements.

Not about PvP Engagements.

Funny but True.

In a PvP Engagement if you get Sunk your Bots can Escape to the next Harbor without a care.....