Game-Labs Forum

Milion dollar mods. AFFORDABLE! (If your in a clan?)

Recently started collecting mod blueprints...I like speed so I started with crooked hull mod (for speed)

You need crooked cedar to make this  so I traveled to pitts town only to discover that the contract price there (at presumably the only Port that has it) was 75k per crooked cedar!! At a minimum of 10 pieces per bid it was going to cost nearly a million bucks to place a contract high enough (maybe) to win the 10 pieces of which I only need 5.

The problem is the same problem that has haunted this game from the beginning in my opinion...this game appeals to the individual player but to get anywhere you MUST play as a group....can I afford these million dollar mods as an individual? Not as well as clans can.

2 hours ago, Sea Fox said:

Recently started collecting mod blueprints...I like speed so I started with crooked hull mod (for speed)

You need crooked cedar to make this  so I traveled to pitts town only to discover that the contract price there (at presumably the only Port that has it) was 75k per crooked cedar!! At a minimum of 10 pieces per bid it was going to cost nearly a million bucks to place a contract high enough (maybe) to win the 10 pieces of which I only need 5.

The problem is the same problem that has haunted this game from the beginning in my opinion...this game appeals to the individual player but to get anywhere you MUST play as a group....can I afford these million dollar mods as an individual? Not as well as clans can.

Hey its me :)

You can make alot of money alone. Being in a clan will cost you more than it will make you. The lazy players dont much and 20% of clan ends up making all the gold and ships for the rest. 

Youre a second LT right? You will make alot more gold when you level up too. 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 1

Whether in a clan or not, there is a problem with the costs of the refits and also their availability.  The going rate for a carta refit is between 3-4 million.  Add to that the cost of the other refits and you have a ship cost that can easily 6-7 million if not more.  This is lots of grinding even at 500k per mission.  During usa times, there are few players in ow.  Numbers are up but most stay in the reinforcement zones or in port.  This creates a problem for pvp marks but more importantly for the game as a whole.  If I have to sail an hour to maybe get some pvp and an hour back this renders the game quite boring.  We need to get ship prices down and then we will see more in ow.  This is the same problem we had with fine woods.  The wasa was a solution to this but has been removed so we are back to square one.    

• Like 1

Hah as for the drops the most frustrating part of the game now is looting sinking ships... its no longer about sinking them its about trying to plan it so u can be in a position to loot and the new wind in instances does its best to make that impossible for you.  The one thing that makes me rage in game right now is the loot mini game fighting this new spinning wind.

I expect to sink ships, it does nothing for me...   I get satisfaction from looting them, which happens maybe 1 out of 3... hmm does that make sense?

I think not...  something is wrong.

• Like 4

At first I liked looting the sinking ships. It teaches good sailing.

But holy hello kitty, it is the most inane and infuriating experience possible.

Inch inch inch inchinchinching towards the sinking hulk, waggle the camera up and down frenetically, looking for that X prompt, hoping the game doesn't decide to say 'hello kitty you, no loot button today because reasons'...

OK, loot menu open, the items populate one by one, over the course of several seconds as the server grinds its gears with 1990's dial-up speeds, item icons flashing in and out, taunting you...

What's that? The book you always wanted? Grab it! Drag it to your hold! Wait, it jumped back into the other ship. hello kitty you, says the server.

Bang! Now you're running over the other ship, it's capsizing in the water... interrupted! Loot window closes. Now the ship is fully submerged but for the masts. RNG gold denied.

Off to sink another dozen AI Lynxes while finding nothing but hello kittying repairs and trash mods.

The inventory UI in this game is WAY too laggy and finicky to expect us to loot against the clock like this. It's like asking someone with Tourette's Syndrome to do tongue twisters.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, SKurj said:

Its not lots of boredom...    if having to do a 500k mission 8 times is hard... u need to try some korean grinding mmo's....  

I think exp and cash come too easy now...

The point that I am trying to make is that it takes a lot of grinding to replace a lost ship and the refits it has. That this discourages pvp and is detrimental to the game.

Edited by TheLoneWolf
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, maturin said:

Inch inch inch inchinchinching towards the sinking hulk, waggle the camera up and down frenetically, looking for that X prompt, hoping the game doesn't decide to say 'hello kitty you, no loot button today because reasons'...

OK, loot menu open, the items populate one by one, over the course of several seconds as the server grinds its gears with 1990's dial-up speeds, item icons flashing in and out, taunting you...

What's that? The book you always wanted? Grab it! Drag it to your hold! Wait, it jumped back into the other ship. hello kitty you, says the server.

Bang! Now you're running over the other ship, it's capsizing in the water... interrupted! Loot window closes. Now the ship is fully submerged but for the masts. RNG gold denied.

Off to sink another dozen AI Lynxes while finding nothing but hello kittying repairs and trash mods.

The inventory UI in this game is WAY too laggy and finicky to expect us to loot against the clock like this. It's like asking someone with Tourette's Syndrome to do tongue twisters.

looooooooooooooool... sob.

I decided to grind slots on connie since legends is a pve fest at this stage. When you have the creeping up on sinking ships down they start to beach themselves. We have to herd our enemy cats away from lee shores while we try to kill them mercilessly.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, maturin said:

You have indeed captured the essence of this game. 

• Like 1