Game-Labs Forum

To Many Messages in Chat. ( Chat unusable )

scottydog

56 minutes ago, scottydog said:

Hello . I have a problem trying to use Chat. When i attempt to Chat   'To many messages'    appears in the box and i cannot message anybody.

Regards from Thomas in Gloomy Frigid Wiltshire UK

Scroll up mate.

You mean in battle or outside battle? In battle you can activate your courser by holding down ctrl and then open the chat window by clicking on the icon next to it. You can also make it larger, this works for regular chat windows as for battle chat windows.

10 hours ago, scottydog said:

Hello . I have a problem trying to use Chat. When i attempt to Chat   'To many messages'    appears in the box and i cannot message anybody.

Regards from Thomas in Gloomy Frigid Wiltshire UK

This happened to me once as well. I can't remember exactly but i think it had something to do with the computers time setting. I found out that Windows was not displaying the correct time and I sync it while in game. Then the time in chat and Windows was different and I could't type any more messages in chat.

It's the anti-spam filter. If you post too many messages within a certain time span, or try to post a short message (like lol) immediately after you posted another message or two of length, it will kick in. 

Yes, it also kicks in during the fall daylight savings time change (because your local time jumps back an hour and you've already posted messages during that same time according to the server), but this is not the normal reason.