Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rediii

Limiting VM and 1sts differently

1 hour ago, Louis Garneray said:

I think the VM should be given to nations who take ports during the week not those with the most port owned.

in my opinion the problem with that is, that it promotes passive port trading and not fighting.

How about we do away with marks entirely and their usage for non-superficial items that limit gameplay options? Give players renown, paints, names, titles, or resources but snowballing the means to win for only winners is just plain asinine.

Another proposal:  Limit 1st rates and their usage by making them expensive to operate. Leave port in a 1st rate, you need 200k gold/in-game day worth of provisions/maintenance for each day you're at sea. This means you better be doing something useful with that 1st rate or it's going to cost you a lot of money, and regardless of what you're doing it will still likely cost you money. This could scale to a pittance for 5th rates and below, with 4th rates and above becoming increasingly expensive to operate.

These types of things that intersect with the economy would impose severe trade-offs for what people choose to sail and how.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Another proposal:  Limit 1st rates and their usage by making them expensive to operate. Leave port in a 1st rate, you need 200k gold/in-game day worth of provisions/maintenance for each day you're at sea. This means you better be doing something useful with that 1st rate or it's going to cost you a lot of money, and regardless of what you're doing it will still likely cost you money. This could scale to a pittance for 5th rates and below, with 4th rates and above becoming increasingly expensive to operate.

These types of things that intersect with the economy would impose severe trade-offs for what people choose to sail and how.

Yes!

Something along the lines of to leave port in a first rate you need to craft a permit that requires a certain expensive amount of provisions, canvas, tar, iron fittings, and oak and fir planks. We could also include gunpowder or war supplies but imo that would be too extreme. 

4 minutes ago, Farrago said:

Yes!

Something along the lines of to leave port in a first rate you need to craft a permit that requires a certain expensive amount of provisions, canvas, tar, iron fittings, and oak and fir planks. We could also include gunpowder or war supplies but imo that would be too extreme. 

Make it something like crew that can be bought any port call it supplies or something. For each rate they consume more per day at sea. 

1 minute ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Make it something like crew that can be bought any port call it supplies or something. For each rate they consume more per day at sea. 

I just want to avoid it being a problem that can simply be solved with money. I'd like to see it consume resources and crafting. 

1 hour ago, Farrago said:

I just want to avoid it being a problem that can simply be solved with money. I'd like to see it consume resources and crafting. 

Then just make it provisions barrels and food supplies

2 hours ago, Farrago said:

Some players and clans have semi-infinite supplies of money, resources and crafting.  (alts)  It would just make the rich richer by making everyone else poorer. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

14 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Some players and clans have semi-infinite supplies of money, resources and crafting.  (alts)  It would just make the rich richer by making everyone else poorer. 

Lol probably true