Game-Labs Forum
rediii

Paints as a Ressource

Paints should be craftable

The ressource for paints should be generated like teaklog now in different ports outside the safezone

To outfit a ship with a paint you need a shipyard (or maybe only a building to produce the paint)

This results in a new rvr motivation aswell as a new economy for paints. 

What do you think?

Am I being judged now again because I want swede dreams close to swedish regions?

Edit: Make it heavy so you need atleast a LGV to transport stuff for a paint maybe

Edited by rediii
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, rediii said:

What do you think?

Not against it, but I dream of no fantastic fighting upgrades behind pve and pvp grind; To have paints, flags, names, markings, pennants or what have you behind the grind walls instead.

Liberate the important stuff and allow people to powergrind nice-to-haves instead.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kpt Lautenschlaeger said:

Swede dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree?

"I travel the world
And the seven seas,
Everybody's looking for something...

Cartagena caulking

Copper plating upgrades

Fancy ass boo-ooks

Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused."

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Not against it, but I dream of no fantastic fighting upgrades behind pve and pvp grind; To have paints, flags, names, markings, pennants or what have you behind the grind walls instead.

Liberate the important stuff and allow people to powergrind nice-to-haves instead.

Well, thats no fightingupgrad I would say

Its something people would pay a lot of money for though, therefore its also a rvr motivation that gives the owning clan probably some nice money and a neat looking rvr fleet.

Imagine a pink fleet attacking your port. That's stuff nightmares are made of

Devs said in one stream some time ago, that they are thinking about making paints acc bound. once obtained for a ship type you are allowed to use them everytime. just like books.

Edited by z4ys

Just now, z4ys said:

Devs said in one stream some time ago, that they are thinking about making paints acc bound. once obtained for a ship type you are allowed to use them everytime. just like books.

So if I board someone with a paint the paint is gone for whatever reason once I use the ship?

No fan of the idea

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

So if I board someone with a paint the paint is gone for whatever reason once I use the ship?

No fan of the idea

was looking at the wrong perspective.

I just said like books. Dont know how it will look like. Maybe you can choose paints like a book but they are like perm mods. you gain the knowledge once but if applied to the ship its like a perm mod so if you get captured the new onwer keeps the paint but its not added to his paint knowledge. So if you destroy the unknowen in order to repaint one of your knowen once the captured paint is gone.

Edited by z4ys

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

was looking at the wrong perspective.

The less available something is the more people want to have it. If you capture a painted ship its something special only if the paint isnt available everywhere.

With paints as a ressource devs can control it, ships can be captured with paints, crafters can try to make money with it and clans can make money from taxes

Gives more ports a reason, crafters and traders more content and pvp players a nice experience boarding a painted ship etc.

I would say it brings a lot of content into the game with only a little work

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I hope not, that kind of defeats the purpose.

Once I unlock every paint, the fun you get from collecting paints is pretty much gone. I'm gonna put paints on my favorite builds of my favorite ships, I don't want them to become meaningless 1 time buy and forget items.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rediii said:

The less available something is the more people want to have it. If you capture a painted ship its something special only if the paint isnt available everywhere.

With paints as a ressource devs can control it, ships can be captured with paints, crafters can try to make money with it and clans can make money from taxes

Gives more ports a reason, crafters and traders more content and pvp players a nice experience boarding a painted ship etc.

I would say it brings a lot of content into the game with only a little work

Damn grinder... So you all love to grind perma mods? Its the best game experience we have right? There was nothing said how to get this paint books. Even getting books is not fun and easy.

• Like 3

Just now, z4ys said:

Damn grinder... So you all love to grind perma mods? Its the best game experience we have right? There was nothing said how to get this paint books. Even getting books is not fun and easy.

Is it a grind for you to buy a upgrade from the market?

I dont write anything with pve or pvp here and have no idea what you mean tbh

Btw I dont grind books anyway because I have no money and dont play pve

Just now, rediii said:

Is it a grind for you to buy a upgrade from the market?

I dont write anything with pve or pvp here and have no idea what you mean tbh

Btw I dont grind books anyway because I have no money and dont play pve

You said paint = resources. Its even worse. if you are thinking about stuff like cartagena tar for example. Its a fighting game with player vs player as main content why give even more stuff out that makes people run away.

I like obtain once use forever. Because it let us focus on the important things like to fight each other.

• Like 1

Just now, z4ys said:

You said paint = resources. Its even worse. if you are thinking about stuff like cartagena tar for example. Its a fighting game with player vs player as main content why give even more stuff out that makes people run away.

I like obtain once use forever. Because it let us focus on the important things like to fight each other.

It doesn't have to be just a resource, it could be a PVP mark reward ALONG with being able to craft. The more options the better.

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Did you just assume that fighting is the important sturf for everyone?

A lot of players are crafters and tradery aswell.

Ports get a bit of meaning with special ressources aswell. If you only want to fight better play some nal

21 minutes ago, rediii said:

play some nal

You need to stop saying that to every other guy who gives you a little forum resistance.

22 minutes ago, rediii said:

Did you just assume that fighting is the important sturf for everyone?

A lot of players are crafters and tradery aswell.

Ports get a bit of meaning with special ressources aswell. If you only want to fight better play some nal

It is not Naval Craft its Naval Action.

Just now, jodgi said:

You need to stop saying that to every other guy who gives you a little forum resistance.

He isn't wrong though. Your argument against it is because it promotes people running away from fight in order to protect their paints. That already the case with everything from ships to upgrades to trade goods.

3 minutes ago, jodgi said:

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

It is not Naval Craft its Naval Action.

If you want it or not. Naval Action without crafting is basically NAL with a bad balancer.

So if you dont like crafting NAL probably gives you more fun.

The thing NA has is the whole economy thing and not just some nice fights you either pve for (pb) or you search for (OW).

The target NA should want to be is a big world with many meaningfull things to do fitting every playstyle, pvp pvp crafting and trading. Fights should have a meaning aswell even if its only economical damage to the other nation. 

17 minutes ago, rediii said:

If you want it or not. Naval Action without crafting is basically NAL with a bad balancer.

So if you dont like crafting NAL probably gives you more fun.

NAL is PvE, pls stop saying anything else.

• Like 2

Just now, Jon Snow lets go said:

NAL is PvE, pls stop saying anything else.

Its supposed to be pvp, just closed atm to ppl owning na.

So just stop trying to make NA a arenagame its the wrong goal ;)

• Like 1

Mods should be craftable.

Paints should be rewards for PVP and Port Battles.  

(though it is kinda stupid I can craft magical carta tar upgardes but not paint the color of my ship)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

So just stop trying to make NA a arenagame its the wrong goal ;)

Noone here is suggesting that. Balancing the game a bit and making it fairer for everyone doesnt mean its an arenagame :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rediii said:

Paints should be craftable

The ressource for paints should be generated like teaklog now in different ports outside the safezone

To outfit a ship with a paint you need a shipyard (or maybe only a building to produce the paint)

This results in a new rvr motivation aswell as a new economy for paints. 

Another Idea would be to take cannons out of the rewards for Epic Events and replace them with paints :P