Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Slim McSauce

Craft Mats for Combat Marks

Recommended Posts

Lets face it, crafting is tedious and takes forever. Crafting a single ship is a pain and that's why you see basic ships going for millions now. Compared to the magical poof that is PVP marks, crafting isn't viable, nor fun, nor in any way as relevant as it was before unless its 1st rates you're crafting.

A fix, let us buy crafting mats for Combat Marks, better yet instead of ship notes for combat marks, let us buy construction sets that give you all the materials required for a certain ship MINUS the frame/trim.

For example,

L' Hermione constuction set -150 combat marks. Gives you all materials, already refined that are needed to craft this ship, the only thing you need to provide is the special woods and have a shipyard to build it.

This boost the economy, and unlike PVP marks it actually fits, because you still need to rely on some trade, and some crafting to complete the ship. All this does is,

1. Gives Combat Marks value again instead of being a redundant currency.

2. Makes crafting not so tedious, a player can now provide a ship builder with the marks, instead of assorting and loading up 30 different random materials to craft a single ship. It's a pain and its keeping new and old players from cooperating with their nations ship builders and vise versa.

 

Thoughts, comments, concerns? As a once big level 46 crafter myself, I can't justify spending quite literal HOURS to collect and move and craft all the mats for a single ship, yes I said this with finding PVP but this is actually objectively true. It takes ages and a lot of back in forth between screens to craft 1 ship, even if you have all the raw materials refining each and every one to a specific amount is just painful. Do this and you're talking 2 birds with 1 stone. PLEASE DEVS MAKE CRAFTING AND COMBAT MARKS GREAT AGAIN

 

 

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this idea, but i believe that the combat mark price should be no less than 200, even for a 6th rate. At 1st rate level it should be around 1000. That way the economy player still has a purpose. But if you are willing to grind a bit you can gain those combat marks. Perhaps even buy a smaller ships worth of materials as you might have some stored up by then as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

I like this idea, but i believe that the combat mark price should be no less than 200, even for a 6th rate. At 1st rate level it should be around 1000. That way the economy player still has a purpose. But if you are willing to grind a bit you can gain those combat marks. Perhaps even buy a smaller ships worth of materials as you might have some stored up by then as well. 

Agreed, its not hard to get loads of combat marks therefore the price of these construction sets should be representative of the time/effort it takes to get them, along with the time/effort it takes to get the same or similar ships from PVP marks.

I think we could test this idea with some of the lesser used ships like the Hermie, Essex, and 3rd rate, and from there we can see if we want ALL ships to have this option, or just a select few. I'd say if the result was even a SINGLE 3rd rate up for sale, then we would've found a good place for cheap, economical, mass produceable ships that although aren't as competitive as some of the meta ships, can be mass produced by ship builders and provide smaller/poorer nations with the means of assembling a formidable navy

6 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Lol...No.

Gather materials, craft ships.

No MORE instant ships in game.

Uhh let me remind you that we've already bitten the bullet for instant ships. It doesn't get anymore instant than PVP ship notes. At least with this you still rely on wood economy. And unlike with ship notes, these require ship builders to produce, not the instant magically appearing ships we all rather not have in game.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

And unlike with ship notes, these require ship builders to produce, not the instant magically appearing ships we all rather not have in game

The only thing that would motivate me to produce more ships, is to remove random ships from each port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Lets face it, crafting is tedious and takes forever. Crafting a single ship is a pain and that's why you see basic ships going for millions now. Compared to the magical poof that is PVP marks, crafting isn't viable, nor fun, nor in any way as relevant as it was before unless its 1st rates you're crafting.

A fix, let us buy crafting mats for Combat Marks, better yet instead of ship notes for combat marks, let us buy construction sets that give you all the materials required for a certain ship MINUS the frame/trim.

For example,

L' Hermione constuction set -150 combat marks. Gives you all materials, already refined that are needed to craft this ship, the only thing you need to provide is the special woods and have a shipyard to build it.

This boost the economy, and unlike PVP marks it actually fits, because you still need to rely on some trade, and some crafting to complete the ship. All this does is,

1. Gives Combat Marks value again instead of being a redundant currency.

2. Makes crafting not so tedious, a player can now provide a ship builder with the marks, instead of assorting and loading up 30 different random materials to craft a single ship. It's a pain and its keeping new and old players from cooperating with their nations ship builders and vise versa.

 

Thoughts, comments, concerns? As a once big level 46 crafter myself, I can't justify spending quite literal HOURS to collect and move and craft all the mats for a single ship, yes I said this with finding PVP but this is actually objectively true. It takes ages and a lot of back in forth between screens to craft 1 ship, even if you have all the raw materials refining each and every one to a specific amount is just painful. Do this and you're talking 2 birds with 1 stone. PLEASE DEVS MAKE CRAFTING AND COMBAT MARKS GREAT AGAIN

 

 

Here we go Mr. PVP. And now it's time you get paid with your own coins. 

Becoming a professional shipbuilder in this game with a so low population (and a lot of clan crafters) includes a lot of management of harvesting, buying, moving materials and resources as well as a good knowledge of what ships and fits are good for the customers. Not mentioning the knowledge of prices of ships and materials in trade hubs.

Also being a pro-carebear (as dedicated crafters usually are) requires in fact good PLANNING SKILLS, a fair amount of GOLD to invest and - last but not least - a lot of TIME.

So .... basically ... wanna become a ship builder? OK ... then use your time and GIT GUD at it.

You say you do not wanna waste your precious time in crafting because you are too busy in being sunk by prussians?

Well, it's your choice. But you just can't have it all! Either you are a PVPer or a dedicated crafter. Simple.

So, don't ask an easy way to craft the ships that could fuel your PVP since dedicated crafters do not get PVP or combat marks for crafting the stuff they sell. 

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, make more noteships, make everything more shallow... 

Yes, let's make some other mindless shooter. Organization, planning, and thinking are just so tedious and completely unnecessairy ...

Yes, let's make sure we can't have a working economy and everything is worthless, because that will motivate people to sail out more and fight for more useless stuff ...

It is completely unheard of that players are supposed to gather mats to build anything, totally new concept in games, definately ... so, scrap it!

Perhaps the OP coud make a post one of the other threads about this issue? No, because all the counterarguements are written down already? Or He could stop whining about being 'ganked' for 2 days? He could stop making suggestions that only benefit himself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cortez said:

The only thing that would motivate me to produce more ships, is to remove random ships from each port.

Let me ask you this, a newish player asks you to build him a ship. Would you rather ask him to bring you 200 combat marks, or give him a list of all the mats he needs to bring? Now put yourself in the shoes of a new player, would you want to have to deal with all that for one ship?

 

Just now, victor said:

Either you are a PVPer or a dedicated crafter. Simple.

This pretty much sums up everything wrong with current crafting, and why this suggestion works.

If you want people to choose between building ships, or playing the game, there's a problem.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

This pretty much sums up everything wrong with current crafting, and why this suggestion works.

No mate, this is wrong just with YOUR PERSONAL view of the game (OS PVPer shall have everything, the other players nothing), which is not the only one that counts in a MMO game. 

Edited by victor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eyesore said:

Perhaps the OP coud make a post one of the other threads about this issue? No, because all the counterarguements are written down already? Or He could stop whining about being 'ganked' for 2 days? He could stop making suggestions that only benefit himself?

Off topic cancer, don't post if you can't separate reality from in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Lol...No.

Gather materials, craft ships.

No MORE instant ships in game.

This^^^. We need more player-driven economic content, not less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, victor said:

No mate, this is wrong just with YOUR PERSONAL view of the game (OS PVPer shall have everything, the other players nothing), which is not the only one that counts in a MMO game. 

My personal view benefits the game for reasons stated, you come into my suggestion with a personal vendetta from in game politics with nothing backing your side besides "HUURRRR CRYY MORE U SUK GIT GUD" 

9 minutes ago, victor said:

You say you do not wanna waste your precious time in crafting because you are too busy in being sunk by prussians?

If you can't leave your in game issues at the door, don't post in suggestions. All I'm gonna say to you and anyone who doesn't want to discuss civilly and objectively.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

If you can't leave your in game issues at the door, don't post in suggestions. All I'm gonna say to you and anyone who doesn't want to discuss objectively.

I suggest you go read the other threads? And waste only your own time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

My personal view benefits the game for reasons stated, you come into my suggestion with a personal vendetta from in game politics

 

Stop living in your one way world, mate.

Spain is allied with US. So what political vendetta are you talking about?

Moreover, I am a well know carebear and crafter so I just support my niche-role in the game. I do not ask for PVP marks for my crafting skills results. 

So stop with these nonsense answers and - most important - stop trying to smuggle one-sided suggestions with objective needs of the game: everybody here sees that you always complain only about what does not fit your personal needs.

Edited by victor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eyesore said:

I don't know when to shut up and I feel the need to inject in-game politics into every post I make on the forums.

Agreed. Now if we can move along to the actual suggestion, mod I'd appreciate if you remove all the off topic and flame war starting post, mine included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crafters build ships=They move stuff around=People to raid. I don't want my content to be limited and i doubt that people who like crafting would like to be pushed aside even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Agreed. Now if we can move along to the actual suggestion, mod I'd appreciate if you remove all the off topic and flame war starting post, mine included.

Suggesting to read the other threads about your suggestion is flaming  and off-topic?

I geuss you only want to hear and read what suits you? Ignore everything else? You have already made a thread about noteships, what makes you think the 'arguement' has more weight now? Why split up your own discussion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

Crafters build ships=They move stuff around=People to raid. I don't want my content to be limited and i doubt that people who like crafting would like to be pushed aside even more.

This wouldn't affect that, ship builders still have to get the frame/trim woods through normal hauling. As a person who main'd ship building prior to merge, I can tell you that this wouldn't push me or any of the other ship builders I know aside, infact it would make my life a lot easier and give actual purpose to crafting. 

I can put out more ships in less time, I can collect marks from my nation and assemble ships easily and efficiently. I can work with new players and buy their marks in return for ships, benefiting them. More ships=more PVP, more crafting=more player economy

Also there's no point in crafting anything besides the meta ships, if you could mass produce the ships everyone considers not good, then they'd have a niche of being cheap mass produced ships, instead of not being used at all. This will always be the case, there will never not be a meta ship

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id also like to add, if Slim's idea were to be implemented, and at such a high combat point "restriction" at that. More people would be grinding missions, and would thus be out in the waters for larger amounts of time as well. At the very least negating the players that wouldst be sailing as much collecting materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Id also like to add, if Slim's idea were to be implemented, and at such a high combat point "restriction" at that. More people would be grinding missions, and would thus be out in the waters for larger amounts of time as well. At the very least negating the players that wouldst be sailing as much collecting materials.

The number of players hauling  ship building materials is already minimal, its mostly trade goods you find in player trade ships. I hear people who don't want their OW content cut into, understandable, but ganking the occasional trader isn't very good OW content imo. 

I'd rather make crafting easier, allow cooperation between crafters and missions runners to provide their nation with more ships that will eventually fight on OW than have ship building be a very....how do I say it.... Luxury thing, where most ship builders craft for themselves because that's all they have time for, and the rest of the player base is forced to either spend PVP marks or capture AI/buy cheap port stock ships to fuel their PVP

I think it all goes back to More Ships=More PVP.  More Crafting=More Player Driven Economy.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No zones = more building materials being hauled.

Zone = no one sees the materials being hauled because no one will trade raid. There's enough hauling of all resources and materials.

Also, multiplayer collaboration builds more ships than not.

Carfting Materials for Combat Marks = Ship Building Permits, Furnishings, and some others are already in game.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Id also like to add, if Slim's idea were to be implemented, and at such a high combat point "restriction" at that. More people would be grinding missions, and would thus be out in the waters for larger amounts of time as well. At the very least negating the players that wouldst be sailing as much collecting materials.

Traders spent 90% of the time in the OW and 10% in port.

PvErs spend 10% of the time in the OW and 90% in missions/port.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

... and that's why you see basic ships going for millions now.

Isn't that more out of sheer greed? :rolleyes:

Since the game lacks any sort of incentive for exploration in the OW, sailing about and looking for resources is about the only reason why I move around in the open world (that and combat of course).

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×