Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rosebud2

OK...You got me

Ok..You got me, I'm in. Love the game and want to purchase a premium account. But I can't and that begs the question...why not? Why not give people the opportunity to purchase premium accounts? Are you going to produce this game...I'm assuming yes. Could you use the money...again I assume yes. Just guarantee me that I will receive the premium when the game is released and BINGO, I will put some cold cash in your wallets.

Its in BETA, there are no premium account to buy yet.  The infrastructure is there and Premium appears as an option, but it has not been switched on yet.

Play, test, provide feedback, we are testing and tweaking the final product now.

3 hours ago, rosebud2 said:

But I can't and that begs the question...why not?

Because 99% of people would see that as a money-grab, as selling premium stuff for a game that early in dev cycle it's already behind an invisible pay wall would be as scummy as it gets; that would then wreck whatever trust Game Labs have after not-so-well perceived (wrongly) move to go into NA-L; and on top of that GL is simply not big enough and has not tnough backing to risk such a move.

To clean up their act afterwards would require much more money than the sales of premium stuff. It's a loose-loose.

Patience, please. Let it be closed beta as long as it needs it. 

I do not believe that offering the option to purchase a premium account, with the stipulation that it will be forwarded to your account when the game goes public, would be perceived as a money grab by many. This is standard practice for games of this sort. Having accelerated XP during testing and then receiving it fresh upon release sounds more like a plus then a minus from my perspective. 

8 hours ago, rosebud2 said:

I do not believe that offering the option to purchase a premium account, with the stipulation that it will be forwarded to your account when the game goes public, would be perceived as a money grab by many. This is standard practice for games of this sort. Having accelerated XP during testing and then receiving it fresh upon release sounds more like a plus then a minus from my perspective. 

Look at few EA games with shops, as long as they are F2P they can slip by with only mediocre backlash. This is not a big game nor is it a F2P game (yet). It is already behind a pay gate.

People already complain about all kinds of grind, start selling boosts on top of that - in a testing version no less? You don't have to be a psychic to see where that goes.

19 hours ago, Galileus said:

Look at few EA games with shops, as long as they are F2P they can slip by with only mediocre backlash. This is not a big game nor is it a F2P game (yet). It is already behind a pay gate.

People already complain about all kinds of grind, start selling boosts on top of that - in a testing version no less? You don't have to be a psychic to see where that goes.

The truth is we should be getting it already...for free during testing. Why slow down the process? How does it hurt testing for players to get additional XP? There is no reason to magnify the grind. Come release they will offer premium accounts...like every other game of this nature. I have not heard a single complaint, from any player, in any game I have ever played about premium accounts. If anything this would remove peoples complains about the grind.

People are already gaining an increased amount of XP compared to what is expected out of full game.

2 hours ago, Galileus said:

People are already gaining an increased amount of XP compared to what is expected out of full game.

Yes, current XP gain is 2x. Premium gain will be 1.5x.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:45 PM, rosebud2 said:

Ok..You got me, I'm in. Love the game and want to purchase a premium account. But I can't and that begs the question...why not? Why not give people the opportunity to purchase premium accounts? Are you going to produce this game...I'm assuming yes. Could you use the money...again I assume yes. Just guarantee me that I will receive the premium when the game is released and BINGO, I will put some cold cash in your wallets.

we cant until the game goes live on steam.

Do You think that the ships we unlocked will be confirmed when the game will go live? I hope yes cause I'm investing a lot of time in grinding and will be very upsetting loosing all the ship, the Officer's level and the upgrade gained.

4 hours ago, Hunter_Joker said:

Do You think that the ships we unlocked will be confirmed when the game will go live? I hope yes cause I'm investing a lot of time in grinding and will be very upsetting loosing all the ship, the Officer's level and the upgrade gained.

Then wait for release. Im sorry to say, but game being in EA is a reason for you not to spent time in it to avoid re-grind, not the other way around. 

But if nobody waste time in playing an EA game....how the devs could do the bug fixing? They put a game in EA to raise funds (not in this case but normally is it) and to have a players base to test, discover bugs and so on....
So I think that some kind of rewards for people testing a game is deserved...not so much...a bit....

8 hours ago, Hunter_Joker said:

Do You think that the ships we unlocked will be confirmed when the game will go live?

It is confirmed it will be wiped, play accordingly.

But if nobody waste time in playing an EA game....how the devs could do the bug fixing?

There's not that much that needs to be tested and there are people among us who is willing to play the victim. Just watch, when new content is released people will trickle back to try it out then go dormant again.

So I think that some kind of rewards for people testing a game is deserved...not so much...a bit....

Reward for testing is confirmed. You will get a premium ship.