Game-Labs Forum
rediii

Change teleport again

4 hours ago, Hethwill said:

No teleports.

Getting stuck is so rare...

Getting lost on the other hand...

What about replacing the Tow to Port, teleport feature with a once every three hours "Map/Sun Reading" where it locates you on the map and plots a course to nearest friendly port?

I agree, getting stuck unless you're trying to is a non-issue.  If it happens it's something that a dev can address.

37 minutes ago, Wraith said:

What about replacing the Tow to Port, teleport feature with a once every three hours "Map/Sun Reading" where it locates you on the map and plots a course to nearest friendly port?

I agree, getting stuck unless you're trying to is a non-issue.  If it happens it's something that a dev can address.

Or even more often hourly would be nice #bringbackgps 

If you can TP from some where in OW to capital with cargo, it is even more exploitable than the current tp by traders. Sail out with 3-4 indimans, fill them up and instant tow back to capital and unload for $$$. But I see how it benefits RvR to remove this option..

Make it impossible to TP while you are in a battle group and as mention earlier, 30 minutes cooldown on entering a pb. Would make it less tempting at least :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

If you can TP from some where in OW to capital with cargo, it is even more exploitable than the current tp by traders. Sail out with 3-4 indimans, fill them up and instant tow back to capital and unload for $$$. But I see how it benefits RvR to remove this option..

Make it impossible to TP while you are in a battle group and as mention earlier, 30 minutes cooldown on entering a pb. Would make it less tempting at least :)

You can only tow to nearest non capital deepwater port.

No, leave teleport as it is.

It is heaven for the casual players and privateers as it is. As is the tow request for ships. It's great. I love it. Don't revert to the post-wipe hell that NA was. You've done a good job on that feature, Devs. Just leave it alone.

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle
  • Like 1

bump

On 7.1.2018 at 2:01 PM, Jean de la Rochelle said:

No, leave teleport as it is.

It is heaven for the casual players and privateers as it is. As is the tow request for ships. It's great. I love it. Don't revert to the post-wipe hell that NA was. You've done a good job on that feature, Devs. Just leave it alone.

With teleport I dont mean the teleport of ships between outposts. What I mean is the teleport on OW with goods in your hold aswell as teleporting rvr fleets

Happened today after Carta PB:

Russian used tow to port to teleport from Carta harbour to Baranquilla to be able to cut the retraiting Swedish PB fleet.

Worked like a charm, but i dont think tow to port is intended for such a situation.

Solution: Block tow to port in the BP region (in and out) 1 hour before the actual BP to 1 hour after the BP.

28 minutes ago, sveno said:

Happened today after Carta PB:

Russian used tow to port to teleport from Carta harbour to Baranquilla to be able to cut the retraiting Swedish PB fleet.

Worked like a charm, but i dont think tow to port is intended for such a situation.

Solution: Block tow to port in the BP region (in and out) 1 hour before the actual BP to 1 hour after the BP.

Tow should only be able without hold (no repairs)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

It encourages pvp, so promotes action. And trading. Win-win.

Its just a exploit you use whereever you can

• Like 1

I actually agree with our fair playing swede friends.  Ever since the tow was changed from "tow to capital" we've had nothing but problems with it.  

So the  Pax Christendom solution to all things tow related:

Replace the tow to port option with "tow to capital" without cargo.  Create a separate on the ship for repairs and rum, similar to an upgrade slot and repairs can be stored there (up to a reasonable amount per ship) and still count against the weight of the ship similar to how cannons do.  Any repairs or items in the hold cannot be towed to capital.  If captains want to carry extra repairs for a long voyage, they can of course store them in the hold.  

But some might say that the tow to capital isn't realistic and they'd be right.  But Prussia, Poland and Russia being in the caribbean is not every historically accurate and I don't think ever in history were mortar brigs able to kill 1st rates while on the move.  But they can in this game.  Sometimes creature comforts to fix game play issues are a necessity.  See safe zones as another good example.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I actually agree with our fair playing swede friends.  Ever since the tow was changed from "tow to capital" we've had nothing but problems with it.  

So the  Pax Christendom solution to all things tow related:

Replace the tow to port option with "tow to capital" without cargo.  Create a separate on the ship for repairs and rum, similar to an upgrade slot and repairs can be stored there (up to a reasonable amount per ship) and still count against the weight of the ship similar to how cannons do.  Any repairs or items in the hold cannot be towed to capital.  If captains want to carry extra repairs for a long voyage, they can of course store them in the hold.  

But some might say that the tow to capital isn't realistic and they'd be right.  But Prussia, Poland and Russia being in the caribbean is not every historically accurate and I don't think ever in history were mortar brigs able to kill 1st rates while on the move.  But they can in this game.  Sometimes creature comforts to fix game play issues are a necessity.  See safe zones as another good example.

Issue: 3 nations don't have capitals. Nor have they means to establish one officially.

2 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Issue: 3 nations don't have capitals. Nor have they means to establish one officially.

When the new nations were established, didn't admin say we would establish our own capitals?

Easy solution, change it to "Tow to home port" and allow users to change their home port to one they set and control and charge marks to change it. 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

I agree that teleportation/tow-to-port should be changed. Sveno's suggestion is not bad of locking down PB regions. This has been a known and foreseeable issue ever since non-region capitals got their own PBs. I have pointed it out myself. The reason for Region capitals being excluded from teleportation targets was precisely to avoid TPing into PBs. Then the mechanics were changed to allow PBs in non-region capitals. TPing for screening is just another side of the same dice.

• Like 1

Tow to Port is meant for unstuck, correct?  Getting stuck happens exceedingly rarely (if at all).

Why not just change the cooldown timer to 30 days?  Has anyone ever gotten stuck more often than that?

3 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

Tow to Port is meant for unstuck, correct?  Getting stuck happens exceedingly rarely (if at all).

Why not just change the cooldown timer to 30 days?  Has anyone ever gotten stuck more often than that?

30 days seems a bit extreme. I have to admit and maybe im the only one, but being able to cut some time off of a two hour plus voyage is a nice feeling. I agree with redii's suggestion. Maybe add no tow with smuggler active so you cant get into a hostile port to buy reps (if thats not already a thing).

Edited by Potemkin

11 hours ago, Christendom said:

When the new nations were established, didn't admin say we would establish our own capitals?

Easy solution, change it to "Tow to home port" and allow users to change their home port to one they set and control and charge marks to change it. 

agree.

One of the outposts should be setable as homeport. this can also be integrated for every nation.

Homeport should be changeable every 7 days and if homeport changes nation

I have to say that I do like the tow feature to shorten some routes but that's not the intention of this feature.

Its intention was to get unstuck so my suggestion is it will teleport the ship to one of the 4 next ports so it can't be used to get to one specific port.

11 minutes ago, Abram Svensson said:

Why not just to the next friendly non Capital port?

That way you could get out of a danger zone when you are 2 minutes away from enemies and you are back home.

With my suggestion, it would only help to get unstuck and it should be easy to implement.

And not 24 hours after Sveno bumps this thread, he uses the same tactic along with his clan to fill up spots so we had no chance to join the battle.  

Much shame from the "fair" playing HRE.

43d181fdf3af8e268f2e58ffb986285b.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Christendom said:

And not 24 hours after Sveno bumps this thread, he uses the same tactic along with his clan to fill up spots so we had no chance to join the battle.  

Much shame from the "fair" playing HRE.

43d181fdf3af8e268f2e58ffb986285b.jpg

dont expect others to play fair when you doesnt

Expect a nice unfair "war" now, everyone exploiting more than the other guy. You started it.

Maybe atleast some of my suggestions get a nice priority now

Servermerge was a big success, christgendom desteoying the next server

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

dont expect others to play fair when you doesnt

Expect a nice unfair "war" now, everyone exploiting more than the other guy. You started it.

Maybe atleast some of my suggestions get a nice priority now

Servermerge was a big success, christgendom desteoying the next server

We haven't started it. Like you say, everyone is playing unfair so why should we?

1 minute ago, Stepp636 said:

We haven't started it. Like you say, everyone is playing unfair so why should we?

Whatbdid sweden exploit fighting vs russia? please tell me

Mortarbrig is OP as wasa dont come with that. Its also no exploit

Just now, rediii said:

Whatbdid sweden exploit fighting vs russia? please tell me

Mortarbrig is OP as wasa dont come with that. Its also no exploit

I meant BF and RUBLI have used it against us so we are also not playing fair.

Seems normal to use every method possible nowadays.