Game-Labs Forum
rediii

Change teleport again

We can teleport ships between outposts again. Teleport to next port leaves room for exploiting the mechanic to get easy to a portbattle or just to jump a big distance.

So in my oppinion teleport to port should be changed to teleport to capital again

Or simply...

... 30 minutes to join PB after Tow to port.

( or maybe remove teleports all together )

Other than than, send out scouts.

Personally I see the "hiding inside battle" a way more problematic issue.

But I suggested the Lock Port until PB is solved somewhere else. Works both ways, not only against or for one of the sides.

41 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Or simply...

... 30 minutes to join PB after Tow to port.

( or maybe remove teleports all together )

Other than than, send out scouts.

Personally I see the "hiding inside battle" a way more problematic issue.

But I suggested the Lock Port until PB is solved somewhere else. Works both ways, not only against or for one of the sides.

I dont have a solution for hiding inside battles except nonclosing battles in the region where pb is happening together with close spawn to enemy inside them

So I suggest something to kill a other exploit which is the teleportation trough vast distances (for example to kids or bermuda) and the teleport next to the pb for a instajoin.

Has nothing to do with scouts. Russia probably cant scout the range where you can teleport to bermuda for example

Locking ports ... I dont know what that fixes?

Yes you do. Port and port area becomes "locked down" until PB is resolved.

No teleports into or from the port until PB is resolved. No AI roaming in the port area until PB is resolved. Port not electable in Tow to port until PB is resolved. No missions possible in the Port area until PB is resolved. All battles full open in the Port area until the PB is resolved..

But, back to your suggestion specifically, as I said, 30 minutes join PB after Tow to Port.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

We can teleport ships between outposts again. Teleport to next port leaves room for exploiting the mechanic to get easy to a portbattle or just to jump a big distance.

So in my oppinion teleport to port should be changed to teleport to capital again

or maybe, teleport to closest friendly port

5 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

All battles full open in the Port area until the PB is resolved..

+1 im vote for this option.

But now the problem is, they make fake battles near land and use a game-bug, so enemys dont have a chance to get into join circles and join this battle.

maybee we must find an solution to solve this problem too

7 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Yes you do. Port and port area becomes "locked down" until PB is resolved.

No teleports into or from the port until PB is resolved. No AI roaming in the port area until PB is resolved. Port not electable in Tow to port until PB is resolved. No missions possible in the Port area until PB is resolved. All battles full open in the Port area until the PB is resolved..

But, back to your suggestion specifically, as I said, 30 minutes join PB after Tow to Port.

5 minutes ago, Wyy said:

or maybe, teleport to closest friendly port

then they tag a alt and sail away, if someone finds and joins the mission after I sail 15 Min into a direction he has no chance to get closer.

@Wyy

Also its still a exploit in my eyes that you can use the telsport to cover vast distances like la navasse-bermuda. You only have to do half the sail atm even fully loaded

1 minute ago, [HRE] Lanfire said:

+1 im vote for this option.

But now the problem is, they make fake battles near land and use a game-bug, so enemys dont have a chance to get into join circles and join this battle.

maybee we must find an solution to solve this problem too

thats the next thing. Joincircles

1 minute ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

look, a swede complaining abiout mechanics. not being salty, just observant.

I complain about mechanics all the time

Anything you can add to the topic?

Agreeing/disagreeing/other suggestion?

I disagree. keep it as it is. it works.

It doesnt. Sweden can easily teleport a 1st rate fleet to bermuda to join a PB and avoid screening.

The tow to port is a feature with up- and downsides. 

i like the upsides better personally. that you have to think of an exploit, that's your mind.

The tow to port is a feature with up- and downsides. 

i like the upsides better personally. that you have to think of an exploit, that's your mind.

My mind thinks about killing exploits.

Teleportfunction is there to get unstuck on yohr own if you are stuck somewhere.

You can also use it though to transport things or teleport warfleets etc. avoiding gameplay features

No teleports.

Getting stuck is so rare...

Getting lost on the other hand...

Just now, Hethwill said:

No teleports.

Getting stuck is so rare...

Getting lost on the other hand...

even rare kills a mutual player in the game or creates more workload for devs to get people unstuck so I understand why it exists but its exploitable in the current version. Maybe aswell with port to capital tho

11 minutes ago, rediii said:

My mind thinks about killing exploits.

Please be sincere here and answer just one question. I will not post further comments.

Did russians use this mechanic to ambush Swedish fleet outside cartagena yesterday?

4 minutes ago, victor said:

Please be sincere here and answer just one question. I will not post further comments.

Did russians use this mechanic to ambush Swedish fleet outside cartagena yesterday?

no idea, I wasnt there

From what sveno told me the wind was bad and he thought that they have to get out of the bay or th ey lose the PB because the wind was fully against them. He didnt know that the wind is totally stupid in pbs aswell

Edited by rediii

1 minute ago, rediii said:

no idea, I wasnt there

From what sveno told me the wind was bad and he thought that they have to get out of the bay or th ey lose the PB because the wind was fully against them. He didnt know that the sind is totally stupid in pbs aswell

ok, thnks. 

11 minutes ago, victor said:

No, we did not tow to port to get out of screening.

2 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

No, we did not tow to port to get out of screening.

He asked if your screening fleet towed to cartagena to ambush the swedish fleet

16 minutes ago, victor said:

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

He asked if your screening fleet towed to cartagena to ambush the swedish fleet

No, we sailed there. And parked outside the docks for almost 30 minutes. In plain view.

Edited by Cornelis Tromp

2 minutes ago, Jœrnson said:

It's not even possible towing to Cartagena since its a regional capital.

Didn't even think about that. You are correct.

9 minutes ago, Jœrnson said:

It's not even possible towing to Cartagena since its a regional capital.

Ahhhh, that's the reason why I got teleported to Barranquilla instead, when I was to lazy to beat to windward for the last 400 meters to Cartagena :D  Must have missed the memo about that.

5 hours ago, rediii said:

then they tag a alt and sail away, if someone finds and joins the mission after I sail 15 Min into a direction he has no chance to get closer.

@Wyy

Also its still a exploit in my eyes that you can use the telsport to cover vast distances like la navasse-bermuda. You only have to do half the sail atm even fully loaded

thats the next thing. Joincircles

@rediii

make it so you can only tp to port with repairs only and after the tp you cant attack an other target for 1 minute, should work better if that is applied

Edited by Wyy