Game-Labs Forum

MG level CSA Campaign

Mukremin

just wanted to share that i started a new campaign with the CSA, i am now playing it on Major General difficulty (not legend). Here are the battle result so far :)

I know these are a lot of pictures, but some of you might find it interesting. I tried to keep my losses at the minimum.

The Potomac Fort.jpg

Weapons Factory.jpg

1st Bull Run.jpg

1st Franklin.jpg

1st Winchester.jpg

2nd Bull Run.jpg

Antietam.jpg

Blackwater Heights.jpg

Cedar Mountain.jpg

Chantilly.jpg

Corinth.jpg

Cross Keys.jpg

Everettsville.jpg

Fredericksburg.jpg

Gaines Mill.jpg

Malvern Hill.jpg

Manassas Depot.jpg

Newport News.jpg

Port Republic.jpg

Prairie Grove.jpg

Shiloh.jpg

Stay Alert.jpg

Stones River.jpg

• Like 2

At the Battle of Washington now, need some serious help here. 
I face almost 100K Union troops in the assault ( not counting the counter-attack once i take the forts and city )
I have 45.000 men in my first corps, 18.000 second corps and 6000 third corps.

I have 13 batteries of 2 and 3 star artillery, 5 units of cavalry and the rest is infantry with almost all brigades around 2200-2300 size.
Now the question is, how to deploy and where to focus? I want to go for minimal losses and in order to do that i have to act fast..
Any help appreciated.. big difference here in terms of difficulty, BG was not that hard compared to this... I failed at my first try, lost almost 30.000 troops and still had to take Washington and the two forts around it.

You should have enough men to do it. In the opening phase, i swung all my forces past the first fort and secured the Union entrenchments from below. Bleed them dry and wait for the moment you can flank the forts. Timing is everything, once you capture the center fort, the right is easy and then you can address the northern previously skipped while putting up a defensive line in the south where the union counter attacks. 

Force preservation is extremely important, I had a similar force on legendary...losing something along the lines of 30k taking the forts. With my remaining 35k it was relatively easy to hold  both the forts and Washinginton while entrenched. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinjen said:

You should have enough men to do it. In the opening phase, i swung all my forces past the first fort and secured the Union entrenchments from below. Bleed them dry and wait for the moment you can flank the forts. Timing is everything, once you capture the center fort, the right is easy and then you can address the northern previously skipped while putting up a defensive line in the south where the union counter attacks. 

Force preservation is extremely important, I had a similar force on legendary...losing something along the lines of 30k taking the forts. With my remaining 35k it was relatively easy to hold  both the forts and Washinginton while entrenched. 

the problem is that on the defence phase of the mission i only have 3 brigades defending Washington and my other forces are defending the northern part. The Union easily ousted me from the top left fort and surrounded the main fort. The right smaller fort held out, don't even know how... and then Washington fell easily because i had only 3 brigades there left.. :( i have given up, started a MG campaign with the Union.

• 2 weeks later...

Lads, i gave up on this CSA campaign and went on to play Union on same difficulty level. I prevailed!

Now i am back at this, i really need some serious strategic help here.

My army consists of 3 Corps:
1st Corps led by General Lee
16 infantry brigades with mixture of good rifles ( no farmers )
7 artillery units with 12 guns each, napoleons, parrots and howitzers
1 cavalry
total men around 38000

2nd Corps led by me:
9 infantry brigades
5 artillery
3 cavalry ( no melee )
total men around 20000

3rd Corps led by Albert Johnston
4 infantry brigades
1 artillery batteries
1 skirmish unit
1 cavalry
Total men around 9000.

Total men i can deploy against the Union is 71833 versus a defence force of 90000+ ( not counting the counter attacking units )

First going to give Sinjens tactic a try by going down the flanks and attacking them from behin, hope i make it in time so i can prepare for the counter attack.

Any other thoughts? I know the deployment of your army is important too for the defence part of the battle, should i deploy my main corps on the left or not?

First try failed... i failed to take the biggest fort while trying to mop up. Forgot all about it lol.
sP4knoP.jpg

Second try now.. i managed to break through their left flank and going to the small fort right. I used my main attack army to flank instead of full attack the fort. Plan is to meet up at the point where the Union gets reinforcements. I hate the fact that when deploying there some of my units end up in the other map and get stuck there and get annihilated

I'm missing the first few battles of my Union Campaign. I started recording my fights when I started my Legendary campaign, but the quality of the sound and commentary were so poor, I never published them.